Phantis Forums

Vardithogiannis vs Gianakopoulos

Green

Obviously a lot has been said in past few days in Greek newspapers in relation to sale of Pae to interested parties ie Gianakopoulos.........

Pae is on the market for the right buyer at 30 dis, as quoted by Gianakopoulos.

A rediculous amount for a club with on name players at present and no stadium. What are your thoughts in this matter.

It appears gianakopulos is interested in the club, at a fair market price and it seems that he is willing to spend the dollars to achieve what the supporters want.

So whats the go with vardithogiannides??????

If they haven't got the financial means to raise the club, then why not pass ownership to someone else who has the means?

If they really respect the club and its supporters, then what is the problem?

It's quite clear that panathinaikos is a money machine for vardithogiannides to which they do not wish to relinquishes without cashing in , big time.

So the truth is starting to come out now and I think the sitaution will worsen!!!!!!!

What do you value the club at its present sitaution?

I don't see what the problem is? If this is a bussiness , why shouldn't anyone make money? they take the risk of loosing money if things don't go well...

naturally we all want to see major money spent to improve the club, but with every investment there has to be a reward factor.. Why take a major risk when one can make money with minimal risks. Bussiness wise I can see why the owners of PAO, are doing what they are doing, As a fan , I don't agree, because I want to see my team succeed.. That is where the dillema is???? :box: :box: :box:

Greeks are romantics and don't see sports clubs as businesses.

in advance, Pavlos Yannakopoulos has made a loss many a time for the basketball club in order for it to achieve it's 3 European cups and gain the Greek reigns once again. The fans want the same for the football. in football he couldn make 5 to-10 fold to cover his expenses.

I personally, do not support the view that Yannakopoulos should take over the PAE. Apart from the fact that he cannot afford to administrate it, there are other problems that PAO fans should consider....

1st Look at the basketball team. Why doesnt everyone say about the quality of the basketball team (which at the end of the day, it needs much less money and effort to make it descent), and they always critisise the PAE... Dont forget, just because Thrynos and AEK and all the other domestic BB clubs are crap, and we get the championship every year, it does not necesserily mean that we have a good team. In Europe we have lost 3 out of 4 matches this year and the so called PAYLARAS hasnt made any descent transfers for 3 years (not even a descent center forward......)!!!

2nd Since the late 70s early 80s that the Vardinnogianides bought the PAE I cannot remember a period were PAO had economic or any other managerial issues. Everything is well organised, Peania (even though it belongs to Vardinogiannis) is a great asset to PAOs history and image, and there were expensive transfers that nobody can blame Vardinnogiannis for not performing well. Look at Souza, Asanovic, Pflipsen, Muckland, Konstadinou etc... Nobody can argue that those players were chippies.. For many years the PAO budget has even been higher than OSFPs. But because all reporters and journalists are Kokkalis merceneries nobody states those things......

3rd I am starting to get fed up with Paylos's bullshit, everybody knows that he has no intention or budget to buy the PAE, so he should better keep his mouth shut, instead of making foolish interviews to the press just to get things fired up.... He should mind his own business instead of critisising everyone and everything... If he is such a PAO fan why didnt he keep Bodiroga? As far as the 30 bn, I dont think that it is a crazy amount.. What did he expect, to get the PAE for free???

4th Pao fans should consider about al those things, and stop being followers of the corrupted press.... I believe that Vardinnogiannis is probably the BEST president that has ever been involved in Greek football... And next year my friends when the PASOKIA will go to hell, I got a feeling that KAPETANIOS will return to power ,and will lead the PAE as he did in so many previous years.... :tup: :tup:

Paidia apo oti vlepo i fimologoumeni "apoxorisi" ton kavouraion kai endexomeni agora tis omadas apo ton "apirina" den fainetai orati..

Ta kavouria (gia na glitosoun oti mporoun fetos apo autin tin omada) exoun steilei "kataskopous" kai kala se ola ta miki kai plati tis gis, gia na feroun neo uliko..

Idi ferane gia dokimi alla ena "kameno xarti" ton Kinklanze..

gia na doume..

Archived