Phantis Forums

Rivaldo

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a SHAME!!!!! We Greeks some times are the most stupid people. I can't believe we are letting a guy like RIVALDO leave in that kind of way. SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!!! :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that Ribo's hands were not clean in this whole ordeal. He is definitely one who knows how to use the press and exert his influence on management, i.e. Sollied, who we all know Ribo did not get along with.

Its very strange for a player to go from the top of the club, with a future as technical director to ousted one game before the end of the season and not be a part of the fiesta.

I think his leaving has a lot to do with his own desire to play at a bigger club in Europe. He is right in that its not about the money....its about him playing for a prestigious team.

Cafu is 36 and just signed a one year extension with Milan and still plays for the NT. I find it hard to believe, especially with Rivaldo making a lot of noise last season about wanting to play for the NT that his own ambitions didnt contribute to his leaving.

Like I said, Ribo is an expert at using the media and I wouldnt put it past him to have used this situation to keep the love of his fans while turning his back on them.

This may be just another conspiracy theory and I know Kokkalis isnt the cleanest guy but this is merely my opinion.

I cannot believe what I have just read in the Greek press. Rivaldo is apparently surplus to Olympiakos' needs. Who is Olympiakos kidding???? Any slim chance that Olympiakos had of just getting past the group stages of the Champions League in 2007/2008 just went out the window. Greek soccer is the loser ... unless of course AEK grabs him! Olympaikos ... hang your heads in shame!

I want to say that Cockkalis has shown his class, but don't forget that Rivaldo has always used media to turn attention to someone else when there is nothing going about. I admire his footballing skills very very much and rate him as the best player in his era (better than Zidane) but his personality has always been a question mark.

1995 > left Palmeiras to join Deportivo w/o notifyin clubs' officials..

1996> blamed Deportivo's then-coach (Javi Irureta if I'm not mistaken) of being a star-hater after he subbed him off in a Real Madrid game (score was 3-0 Real by 30')

1999 > said Barca should get rid of Van Gaal because he is organising a gang of Dutch players (known by the Spanish press as the Braz v Dutch - Giovanni-Rivaldo vs De Boers mainly)

2002 > famous dive in the WC match against Turkey

2002 > broke off his Barca contract to join Milan as Van Gaal's plans to place him as a left winger disgusted him

2003 > called Angelotti a coward (although he was dead right in this one :D ) after he quit Milan for playing with one of the strongest teams in the world in a ultra defensive formation..

So, while we have to accept that Cockkalis is a terrorising figure on Greek football overall, as aekpro already stated, this may have a few things to do with the Rivakles.. :unsure:

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that Ribo's hands were not clean in this whole ordeal. He is definitely one who knows how to use the press and exert his influence on management, i.e. Sollied, who we all know Ribo did not get along with.

Its very strange for a player to go from the top of the club, with a future as technical director to ousted one game before the end of the season and not be a part of the fiesta.

I think his leaving has a lot to do with his own desire to play at a bigger club in Europe. He is right in that its not about the money....its about him playing for a prestigious team.

Cafu is 36 and just signed a one year extension with Milan and still plays for the NT. I find it hard to believe, especially with Rivaldo making a lot of noise last season about wanting to play for the NT that his own ambitions didnt contribute to his leaving.

Like I said, Ribo is an expert at using the media and I wouldnt put it past him to have used this situation to keep the love of his fans while turning his back on them.

This may be just another conspiracy theory and I know Kokkalis isnt the cleanest guy but this is merely my opinion.

File both you and GS1905 make some great points. However, what bigger club could he possibly go to at 35? His only chance of getting back into the Brazilian NT is if he goes on a run in the CL or consistently performs in one of the 3 top leagues. Physically he can't do the latter any more and where would he go to have a better chance of doing well in the CL? I mean let's be honest, he's a wonderful talent but because of his age (and his lack of pace) you dont see teams like Arsenal knocking down the doors to sign him do you?

I think the blame lies with the chairman otherwise Kokkali would have made an anakoinosi to blame Ribo already!

It's amazing to see what happens when you mix business and $$$$

I really feel for RIVO considering all that he has given to the club.

We (Greek Clubs) are 50 years behind and anything we do just doesn't seem to make any sense.

TERRIBLE decision by "upper management" and there's just no other way of putting it.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Let me give you my 2 cents on this issue. Rivaldo had a history of being very disatisfied with a football organization, both with Barcelona and AC Milan, he was looking for a team who could give him some kind of honesty & loyalty to him. Olympiakos was that very team, Kokkalis quoted him as the "biggest transfer in Greek football history". He brought him to Pireaus to attract more fans and build better revenue (as well as profit). He made Olympiakos even better and made themselves an attraction to most Greek fans (Olympiakos or not). Rivaldo gave everything to the organization and to the fans for 3 years. He showed the respect and the loyalty to Kokkalis and to the Olympiakos organization. Rivaldo showed us why a world class player should be treated with the at most respect. Just a few weeks ago, Kokkalis promised to make a good offer to Rivaldo by extending an extra year on his contract worth 395,000 euros. Rivaldo waited patiently to recieve a phone call, Kokkalis did not respond to him for 15 days! :blink:

Rivaldo was expecting a deal to be done, he realized Kokkalis used him as bait! :nono: He (Kokkalis) didn't kept his promise, so therefore Rivaldo was very unhappy with the situation. Kokkalis showed him the door like if he literaty shoved it in his face. He (Rivaldo) clearly stated that it wasn't about the money, that he wanted honesty from Olympiakos and co. So Kokkalis's actions clearly showed his true colors what kind of an owner we have. :tdown:

KOKKALIS CAN GO TO HELL!!! :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx:

oly was winning the Greek title before Rivaldo.. He was brought in for the CL & did nothing.... I was wrong however, thinking that he was finished when he was signed... Cockkalis who owns this league practically has shown his class

i dnt know what all of you wrote about Rivaldo...

I just want to say that he is one of the greatest players of the world and its a shame the way that Kokkalis treated him...He treated like this a lot of player, but my friends he is NOT a common player.He is Rivaldo.Rivaldo cazzo..(MF)

He is not Venetidis,Georgatos or Karasavvidis..Rivaldo

He is Pele of the 90s,he is the flag of Brazil of the 90s,he is the player who did the difference in Olympiakos(and any other team ektos Milan pou den epaixe).The one and only who made the difference in the championship

The man who took 3 championships

Einai aytos pou ekane tin diafora apo tis alles omades..An den ypirhe aytos to protathlima tha paizotan sta isa me tis alles tis Athinas..

With whom you would take the championship?with Stoltidis?And Pantos and Geo or Djorjevic?Okkas or Konstantinou?Domi?Patsatzoglou?

With Whom?????????????????????

I am in love with him.And I would like to say this...

Ti pio poly tha itan megalyteri onore(timi) apo to na kremasei ta papoutsia tou o Rivaldo stin omada sou...Trelaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Telika fanike oti o Kokkalis ohi mono den xerei apo podosfairo alla oute apo douleies,kai oti thelei na fenetai mono aytos.NTROPI

NTROPI NTROPI kai an mporousa na to grapso 1000 fores tha to ekana...........

Makari na ton parei alli elliniki omada kai na kerdisei,pou tha to kerdisei,lto protathlima me 10 pontous diafora.......

Na stai kala de thelo na sas nevriaso alla esti einai....

Telika fanike oti o Kokkalis ohi mono den xerei apo podosfairo alla oute apo douleies,kai oti thelei na fenetai mono aytos.NTROPI

NTROPI NTROPI kai an mporousa na to grapso 1000 fores tha to ekana...........

Ehei dikio o filos. People need to realise that being the owner of a top Greek club grants you influence politically and socially. This is the reason they are in the game. They are megalomaniacs and Kokkali is the biggest of them all!

whats this AEK rumor???

It's a RUMOR and that's that....

Now would we all be surprised to see RIVO go to AEk??? Propably not..

It's something that has made the FIESTA shitty and also has left a bad taste in the players mouth towards the end of the League...

No matter what... Once again Greek Soccer looking like idiots.

• 2 months later...

Archived