Phantis Forums

Rivaldo

Montreal_Thrillos

On Tuesday, head coach Carlos Alberto Parreira will announce the squad to face Russia on March 1, in the only friendly arranged by Brazil ahead of the World Cup.

Zagallo refused to reveal any names in advance, but veteran forward Rivaldo - currently at Greek side Olympiacos - is expected to be in the party.

i hope its true

and i hope he gets burn if he does make the team

If Rivaldo makes the squad it'll be a major boost for Olympiakos. Players world wide will believe that world class players play in the Greek league and this would attract other players. Overall, the Greek league is weak BUT there are many international players of a respectable standard. With a world cup winner in the league though (which is what Rivaldo will be if he is in the squad) it will surely add a boost!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it were true

but i do not trust CAP and Zagallo

They are just talking, and will call again their favorites mostly from SP and other payasos

(Etherwise called sacred cows)

They will not call RIbbo,  and Argentinian are happy about it, i guess

I will be very happy to be wrong

I still pay for it and hope the miracle will happen and he will be in the CUP or at least in the friendly agianst Russia

I had the same feelimg you would be right and unfortunately you are :(

They must be playing mind games :whistle:

Lets enjoy his "MAGIC" touches while we can for OLYMPIAKOS because we might not see another player like him again B)

:nw: RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOO :nw:

I just hope that he will not take it as hard as I did (sigh)

and will have the mental stamina to overcome the frustration and injustice form his NT coach , and go one with his wonderful come back in Oly

He needs all the supports of the fans now, and i really hope that if he missed (Heavens forbid but he is human) a Fk or some, he will not be booed

Nobody can always score, and the other players ow us some better show than the one we saw last matches

BTW - When I looked at the last video of the header, I liked the song which accompanied it, some fans from other forums asked me about the song

any information??

Let us keep praying and keep coss our fingers for him

in the meantime enjoy this compilation

All the credit goes to Adriano 7 :tup:

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SW9IDS...D20JO67RMM6CYA9

Great job

good stuff Luz

thanks for providing this link to us

and thank Adriano

i know this is out of the topic

but i can't seem to find the goal Adriano scored on Greece last year in the con fed cup

can somebody give me the link to that or i am hoping u got it ???

thanks in advance

NYC Olympiakos!!!

I asked the kids in my forum about the goal you asked for , they know everything and here is the link

I hope it works, i did not check it yet

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LAKCNL...VS30FEJJ5HFOANX

great job

just so u know it works perfectly fine

came through in the clutch !!!!!!!!

lol

thanks !

Thank you Piok

Rivaldo really does not like to give interviews, and less about his private life

But every time he gives such an interview he manages to surprise me

No telling that he likes Zidane, that i knew, but some other things

Read it and be surprised :rolleyes:

it was a good interview

we learned a couple of things out of him

it kinda gave me the impression that he probably won't wear the red and white jersey after this season

i mean he has his 2 older kids in Brazil i think that will tbe the deciding factor

but his twins were both born in Greece lol !!!!

anywayz hopefully he scores a few goals v AEK

RIBBBOOO

I still cant believe We signed him for free,

Free Free,

it was just great timing if u think about it

i mean we were going to open Karaiskaki stadio and he needed a big signing to go with this grand new opening

both his name and his abilities on the pitch has made this signing so great

Thank you Ribbo

his club option is coming up over the summer

and its clear he still got a great game

doesn't need to be great the entire game but he just knows when to push the right buttons

we can't let him go just b/c of his age

somebody mentioned key players that are preforming key role's at a high level

Cafu and Nedved are one duo

it gets magnified with Olympiakos b/c we have to many older players

if we can keep Rivaldo and get rid of our aging and worthless players in the summer and exchange it for solid and potentitial players we can excel and not just in Greek league play

but the number 1 job for the Olympiakos in the summer is to resign Rivaldo and change the entire defensive line

• 2 weeks later...

Rivaldo's interview in Contra

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/AEth/Ol...cos/113931.html

Please, can anybody of you that lives in the US, Canada, Australia etc. translate it to readable English?

Thank you in advance

BTW he says almost the same words that i wrote in another forum, regarding the NT

I play well, score goals but nobody see( He means outside Greece), well some do see outside Greece because of our threads in some other forums like Xtratime, but unfortunately CAP does not read them

Sorry to be a nag

Actually I found out that this interview was made by the Sportday´a magazine that i have no access to

It is quite long

In BAM there is a Fuller version

http://www.bam.gr/news.jsp?newsID=40266

Again, it will be highly appreciated from yours truly(little me) if somebody can bring the original text from Sportday

A translation will be perfect, but at least the Greek text in whole

Maybe some people will realize that this person the called halfwit can say some intelligent sentences

I am not saying that this is the reason that i want it heard and seen

It is because it is interesting, and there are some things about him and the team that we did not know

He does not give many interviews so it is worthwhile to read

there is reports coming out of France that the club Lens is interested in Rivaldo

Lens is currently 9th place in Ligue 1

anywayz Rivaldo stays put at the Limani

RIBBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may just leave. If he plays as well in Ligue 1 as he is in the Greek league he's bound to be called up to the Brazil squad again. What are the powers that be, doing??? WHY DON'T THEY RE-SIGN HIM QUICKLY?!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived