PSV is very tough at home, not conceded a single goal in Philips Stadium

Benfica can get better with Simao, Karagounis coming back from injury

Rangers are struggling in the Scottish League, but there an enigma in Europe

i pick:

Barca (Ronaldinho will beat chelsea)

Arsenal (real are in turmoil right now)

Juve (if Buffon comes back in time)

AC Milan

Lyon (minus Essien but still stronger than PSV who also lost key players)

Inter (Adriano and Martins are too good)

Benfica (Liverpool shouldn't be there in the first place and i would love them to be knocked out)

Rangers (they got a good chance if they can stop Forlan)

Chelsea v Barcelona - Barca to win unless we have a repeat of last years officiating :tdown:

Real Madrid v Arsenal - Gunners go through (The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be...)

Werder Bremen v Juventus - La Vecchia Signora win. Werder don't belong on the same pitch with them.

Bayern Munich v AC Milan - Milan a 55% favourite

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon - Mark my words: Lyon could go all the way. PSV to be their first victim.

Ajax v Inter Milan - Inter a 60% favourite

Benfica v Liverpool - Euro-Liverpool heavily favoured here...

Rangers v Villarreal - Are Rangers still in this competition!!!! Not after this encounter!

Champions League 2005/06 - Winner odds

Juventus 6.00

FC Barcelona 6.50

Chelsea FC 7.00

AC Milan 9.00

Olympique Lyonnais 10.00

Inter Milan 11.00

Liverpool FC 11.00

FC Bayern Munich 12.00

Real Madrid 13.00

Arsenal FC 15.00

Villarreal 17.00

Werder Bremen 41.00

Ajax Amsterdam 51.00

Benfica Lisbon 51.00

PSV Eindhoven 51.00

Glasgow Rangers 126.00

Chelsea v Barcelona - Barca to win unless we have a repeat of last years officiating  :tdown:

Real Madrid v Arsenal - Gunners go through (The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be...)

Werder Bremen v Juventus - La Vecchia Signora win. Werder don't belong on the same pitch with them.

Bayern Munich v AC Milan - Milan a 55% favourite

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon - Mark my words: Lyon could go all the way. PSV to be their first victim.

Ajax v Inter Milan - Inter a 60% favourite

Benfica v Liverpool - Euro-Liverpool heavily favoured here...

Rangers v Villarreal - Are Rangers still in this competition!!!! Not after this encounter!

Irlandos,

very good predictions and comments.

Chelsea v Barcelona (I think Barca will go through this time)

Real Madrid v Arsenal (Both these teams are not doing well, in their respective leagues, but at this time, Arsenal looks to push through buy a goal difference).

Werder Bremen v Juventus (No chance for the german team, Juve, is strong).

Bayern Munich v AC Milan (This one I think is really close, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern pulls through).

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon (Yes Irlandos, I think you are right, Lyon may go all the way).

Ajax v Inter Milan (Inter will go through, but it won't be that easy).

Benfica v Liverpool (The Brits are the stronger team).

Rangers v Villarreal (Spaniards are at least 1-2 goals better).

I don't recall, with winter transfers approaching are teams allowed to buy a player(s) so they can play in the Champion's League?

Barcelona are a hot team this year.......theyre gonna beat the crap out of Chelsea

Real-Arsenal....interesting, 2 underacheiving overrated teams face.....i think real will win because arsenal have a history of being crap in europe

Benfica-Liverpool........liver is favourite yeah but benfica can definitly do it if the team is healthy.....and hopefully so because liver dont belong there this year.

Milan-Bayern-----best matchup, most even. both teams are strong but with some incosistency and i think it will be Milan though if they play in their european form no doubt......

Villareal-Rangers-----Rangers shouldnt even be here...they have been awful and still managed to qualify for the 32 and yet again for the 16! adios......

Bremen-Juve- Juve will finish them off but Werder is tough and has a good side this year......if juve stop pressing at any point this could be interesting for werder....

ajax-inter-------inter are good again after so many years of sucking.....they will win easy

PSV-Lyon------good game but Lyon is the s%$#!. I think they could win it all but barcelona dont look too stoppable......lyon takes this and revenge from last year...

Barca-Chelsea------Payback is a bitch, and Barca are damn near unstopable. That and I hate Chelsea. This should be fun to watch. Barca.

Real Malakes-Arsenal----2 overrated teams I hate that are slumping, I'll take the better off of the 2 right now. Arsenal.

Benfica-Liverpool---------If Benfica can get a good result (draw, loss w/ away goal) they could pull the upset. Though I think LIverpool we be good enough to get past em (sadly). Liverpool

Milan-Bayern Munich---------Even though most are picking AC Milan, I'll take Bayern. It would be an upset if both teams weren't really good and even. Bayern Munich

Villareal-Rangers--------Rangers isin't even cutting it in the Scottish League along with they got really lucky to make it this far. Villareal should make it though with some room to spare. Villareal

Juve-Werder Bremen-----------Werder are better than usual, though Juve have too much talent and it will show. Though I do think it will be close (1-2 goals on aggregate) Juve

Ajax-Inter Milan--------------Again, with Inter surprisingly good this year, they should cruise. Though it would be nice seeing Charisteas or Anastasiou scoring for the Dutch. Though ultimately, it'll be Inter Milan.

Lyon-PSV-----------PSV lost too much talent from last year. Lyon on the other hand are better than ever. When all is said and done....Lyon.

Your thoughts.....?????

My comments on my predications

Barcelona knows they want payback, and payback shall come for them. Barcelona has made good moves to improve there defence, offensively it's the most talented, most potent in Europe. Chelsea has a world-class goalkeeper in Petr Cech, they play all-out attack in there home turf, there more defesive when played on the road. If Barcelona can hit them hard early in the match, Barcelona would avenge there loss from Chelsea

Predication : Barcelona

Real Madrid are overratted but very underachieved, nothing can stop them from believing they could play better. Problem for Madrid, too many star players, no teamwork, new head coach. Arsenal plays well in the Champions League, unlike in the English Premiere League. Henry's set-piece plays and Ljundberg's attacking ability could carry them further than most people think.

Predication : Arsenal

Hopes are running high on Benfica after there 2-1 win over Manchester United to clinch the final spot for the Round of 16, momentum could go in there favorite if they could get all of there players healthy. They might have a poor record against Liverpool, but this could be there chance to knockout another English side. Liverpool are still a dangerous side with adding Fernando Morientes, in recent matches they tend to lay back a little in not performing like a European Champion, all odds would go to Liverpool, but I smell an upset is about to come.

Predication : Benfica - on away goals

AC Milan has a superstar striker in Andery Shevchenko, a brilliant Brazilian playmaker in Kaka, but the way I've judged there performance, there not as sharp as of last year. Bayern Munich has been on a high note in Europe and in Germany, they are IMO a very constent team. Makaay and Kahn are the key players to Bayerns passage to the quarterfinals.

Predication : Bayern Munich - a close one

Rangers are an enigma in the Champions League, they seem to get results in an unexpected time. I have to believe they could go all the way to the quarterfinals if they can score goals in the right place. Watch out for Kyrigakos, he's defensive plays could make all the differences. Villarreal proved to us they belong in Europe, 2 very impressive runs in the Uefa Cup for the last 2 seasons, they got a good group of offenisve players like Forlan, Sorin, and Figeruoa. They are tough, but can they countinue to impress like in the Uefa Cup?

Predication : Rangers - biggest shocker of the tournament

Werder Bremen and Juventus is a major mismatch, and I don't want to disappoint Bremen fans. They do play well, but does not match the strength of a soild Juventus side.

Predication : Juventus - by a mile

Ajax is not as good as the good old days of 1995 or 1971, they we're lucky to get to this point thanks to a weak group. Inter Milan is too strong of them, Adriano will make noises vs. Ajax.

Predication : Inter Milan

Now most people would think I'm crazy, but I will take PSV over Lyon because of there goalkeeper (Gomes), there strikers Beasely, Farfan, and Jan Venegoor of Whatever :P . They have not give up a goal yet in Philips Stadium, if they continue to shut down any opponents attacking game, PSV will be there in the quarterfianls. Don't get wrong, Lyon is a very good side, better than last year. But I think it's defense would will this matchup.

Predication : PSV Eindhoven on penalties

My comments on my predications

Barcelona knows they want payback, and payback shall come for them. Barcelona has made good moves to improve there defence, offensively it's the most talented, most potent in Europe. Chelsea has a world-class goalkeeper in Petr Cech, they play all-out attack in there home turf, there more defesive when played on the road. If Barcelona can hit them hard early in the match, Barcelona would avenge there loss from Chelsea

Predication : Barcelona

Real Madrid are overratted but very underachieved, nothing can stop them from believing they could play better. Problem for Madrid, too many star players, no teamwork, new head coach. Arsenal plays well in the Champions League, unlike in the English Premiere League. Henry's set-piece plays and Ljundberg's attacking ability could carry them further than most people think.

Predication : Arsenal

Hopes are running high on Benfica after there 2-1 win over Manchester United to clinch the final spot for the Round of 16, momentum could go in there favorite if they could get all of there players healthy. They might have a poor record against Liverpool, but this could be there chance to knockout another English side. Liverpool are still a dangerous side with adding Fernando Morientes, in recent matches they tend to lay back a little in not performing like a European Champion, all odds would go to Liverpool, but I smell an upset is about to come.

Predication : Benfica - on away goals

AC Milan has a superstar striker in Andery Shevchenko, a brilliant Brazilian playmaker in Kaka, but the way I've judged there performance, there not as sharp as of last year. Bayern Munich has been on a high note in Europe and in Germany, they are IMO a very constent team. Makaay and Kahn are the key players to Bayerns passage to the quarterfinals.

Predication : Bayern Munich - a close one

Rangers are an enigma in the Champions League, they seem to get results in an unexpected time. I have to believe they could go all the way to the quarterfinals if they can score goals in the right place. Watch out for Kyrigakos, he's defensive plays could make all the differences. Villarreal proved to us they belong in Europe, 2 very impressive runs in the Uefa Cup for the last 2 seasons, they got a good group of offenisve players like Forlan, Sorin, and Figeruoa. They are tough, but can they countinue to impress like in the Uefa Cup?

Predication : Rangers - biggest shocker of the tournament

Werder Bremen and Juventus is a major mismatch, and I don't want to disappoint Bremen fans. They do play well, but does not match the strength of a soild Juventus side.

Predication : Juventus - by a mile

Ajax is not as good as the good old days of 1995 or 1971, they we're lucky to get to this point thanks to a weak group. Inter Milan is too strong of them, Adriano will make noises vs. Ajax.

Predication : Inter Milan

Now most people would think I'm crazy, but I will take PSV over Lyon because of there goalkeeper (Gomes), there strikers Beasely, Farfan, and Jan Venegoor of Whatever :P . They have not give up a goal yet in Philips Stadium, if they continue to shut down any opponents attacking game, PSV will be there in the quarterfianls. Don't get wrong, Lyon is a very good side, better than last year. But I think it's defense would will this matchup.

Predication : PSV Eindhoven on penalties

i think most of your picks are right on the money

but i can't believe your picking PSV over Lyon

PSV isn't the team of last season

Lyon may be the hottest team in the tournament so far

its really between both Lyon and Barcelona for that title at the moment

Lyon has been Impressive in there league as well

i know PSV is back in first place but Lyon is miles ahead in there league and i expect them to beat PSV

as for your Barcelona pick i can't agree more with u

lets all remember that Chelsea got an own goal last year in Barcelona which was an away goal

plus even before this tournament started Rolandinho wanted Chelsea and wut Rolandinho wants he seems to get these dayz and they face off with each other in the same stage as last season

but this time Barcelona will prevail

Juventus is Juventus and i don't expect anything less

Juventus will win easy but the scoreline wut indicate how easy they will win

i say over 2 legs 3-1 3-0 something like that

i also think Bayern Munich will upset Milan

Munich seems to be back on a roll

i mean its only been 5 years since they were champs in this tournament and since have been quite i think its time for them to make noise

as for Inter i think they go through

Ajax is too young at the moment and that inexperience will catch up

i just hope Charisteas and Anastasiou both make some noise but i will be pulling for them to have Greek representation

as for Rangers i don't want them to go through b/c of the coefficent points and they will close in on Greece but they too have a Greek

i think the most interesting match up is Arsenal and Real

both underachieving especially Real

i think Arsenal is a better team then thema and will win

Yes Olympiakos 11, PSV did lose players like Si-Jung Park, Mark Van Bommel, and Roberts. But this team plays so tough at home no one even AC Milan can score past them when Gomes is red hot. Lyon is a team most would believe this could be there year, but how many times have they said that in the past? :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they choke somewhere near the quarter-finals. ;)

Archived