Phantis Forums

Question concerning Alpha Inter game coverage

Ziaka wrote:

Alpha tv

Aigaleo, Akratitos Ano Liosia , Apollon Kalamaria (until 2006-07), Atromitos, Iraklis Thessaloniki, Larisa, levadiakos, Olympiakos Piraeus, Neos Panionios Athens, Skoda Xanthi

The home games of these teams are shown on Alpha TV in Greece, which is available over the air, as well as on the NOVA satellite platform. Alpha-Sat, the international channel of Alpha TV does not show the games that are broadcast on Alpha TV in Greece.

So how come all the games from ALPHA INTER are listed on the TV SCHEDULES FORUM as games being broadcasted on Alpha Inter if based on the above they shouldn't be!

Link here:TV SCHEDULE FORUM

Thanx... :gr:

I think that in the past some games shown by Alpha in Greece were shown by

Antenna in North America. (At least, that was sometimes the case in Canada.)

Now though that Alpha is close to starting its own broadcast in North America,

certainly Antenna will not be showing the games, but we may hope that Alpha

itself (once it has a proper broadcast) will show some games.

And a small mistake (?): Is the PAO-Kalamaria game 12:00 EST in Canada,

or 12:00 CST?

The only Alpha games that ANT! showed are the Olympiakos home games.

ANT1 and Olympiakos have a contract for North America and Australia through the end of this season. So even if Alpha International starts broadcasting here, I beleive that the OSFP home games will still be on ANT! and Alpha will show the matches for all the other teams they have rights to.

mk21 is correct. It's only the Olympiakos games that are carried on Antenna and will not be carried on Alpha International if they eventually come to North America. I assume the same thing happens in Australia. Alpha International there does not show the Olympiakos home games. Instead Antenna Pacific does. Maybe some of our friends from down under can confirm this.

Asteri thanks for the correction. The correct time is 12:00 EST.

Thanks for all the info and links from our friends in Australia.

I believe that the Olympiakos deal with Antenna ends after the current season. Does anyone know how longs is the deal between AEK and Antenna. Was it for this season only?

Archived