Phantis Forums

Friendly: GREECE - Hungary

Ziaka

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't believe how some of u are mad here today

yes we didn't play as well i thought we would play and some players weren't used

but like Otto said he made quite a few changes

fact is at this point we need to reestablish ourselves and it won't happen over night

the key is to create the foundations of our defense

i would like to know how Antzas faired today along side with Kyrgiakos ???

b/c lets face it

we don't have the talent at the moment anywayz be great offensively

we need to shore up the defense and build everything from counter attacks

i know many of u hate this idea but we need to play the sytle we are capable of playing

i would like to know how Spaligidis faired today as well ???

he wasn't one of Otto's boyz but he did set up Stelios

Well at least we won. Then again it's a friendly so that's not really the point. Personally, I think it's good of Otto to try out the new guys slowly. Let's not replace the whole team all at once. Darlas and Lagos will get their chance eventually and I'm sure Tavlaridis will be back with the ethniki soon enough. I wonder how long before we get to see Samaras with the NT?

Around 10,000 fans at Karaiskaki at kick-off time.

ziaka, are you surprised we Greeks are the biggest fair weather fans going from Sports to National issues we have a short attention span. I assume most of the fans had to stay home and rest so they can fire bomb Athens tomorrow for the anniversary of November 17. We wouldn't want any tired street thugs not focused on destroying personal property now would we?

the subs otto made were ok. the only thing i would have done was sub in kotsolis at half-time, what's the point doing it so late.

darlas and lagos will get their chance, after vyntra came in w/ soto and antzas, if darlas would have been used that would have made 4 defenders playing together for the first time and i know change is the name of the game but that kind of change is way too quick

The second goal was great teamwork by Ellas! Very nice touches, control, and finish. I'm impressed. Nice job on Salp on getting away from the defender on the first one.

If Oto builds up some of the young players i think we will have stronger team than last year. Dellas will soon be back an our defense will once again be an unbreakable wall. Good win today, exactly what we needed.

And for those who are pissed about the lack of fans, lets calm down, because it was only a friendly and it was during the week. The greek fans showed their support after the loss to Denmark. They still went to the stadium to see Greece v Georgia and expressed their gratitude towards the team and OTO.

BRAVO ELLADARA!!! KAI ME TON GERMANO SAN ODIGO MPOROUME NA FTASOUME STO TELIKO TOU EURO

For those of you complaining about a 10,000 attendance figure (friendly, mid-week), I remember days when the NT drew 2,000 fans (if that) on similar games...

King Otto has the right idea about blending in new players into the team. The individual skills should not count, just how well they fit into the team.

For those of you complaining about a 10,000 attendance figure (friendly, mid-week), I remember days when the NT drew 2,000 fans (if that) on similar games...

King Otto has the right idea about blending in new players into the team. The individual skills should not count, just how well they fit into the team.

it should be 30,000 for the good times and 30,000 for the bad times.

Look at all the other major NT's friendly or not they get full houses.

Otto should play a few friendlies in the provinces to give other greek fans the opportunity to see the Greek NT.

We needed help scoring. Otto used youth up front to help score.

When the strikers start producing goals, he will inject youth in the Defense.

He's rebuilding the weakest part of our game by introducing young players. He will then move on to our next weakest and rebuild that part.

The Defense isn't as bad as our forwards. Let the new young forwards connect then focus on the D.

Brilliant!!!

I remember days when the NT drew 2,000 fans (if that) on similar games...

I also remember home NT games where the fans of the opposing team outnumbered the fans of our own NT and even burned Greek flags in the stands ...

10K is not really a bad number considering the past.

One thing I heard about yesterday's game was that the people that had season tickets for the WC qualifying campaign had the option to see the game against Hungary for free. This meant that anybody that went to buy a a ticket yesterday at game time could not get any. Reports are that around 5,000 fans who showed up could not get tickets. I think this was a poor judgement on EPO's part.

Archived