Phantis Forums

Friendly: GREECE - Hungary

Ziaka

On Wednesday, November 16, the Greek NT plays a friendly game against Hungary at Karaiskaki Stadium.

We will also play another friendly with Hungary in the next 2 years in Budapest as per this agreement.

Hopefully Otto will use some new faces in this game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sifakis

Giourkas

Dellas

Tavlaridis

Darlas

Lagos

Katsouranis

Tziolis

Karagounis

Stelios

Papadopoulos

Subs: Larissa Keeper?

Grammozis,Kyriakos,Alexopoulos,Vyntra,

Leontiou,Stoltidis,Fotakis

Salpigidis,Mantzios,Samaras

Give the Vets a needed rest and a suttle push out the door ;) .T he moment Basinas gets a team,and playing time he gets the seat next to Katsouranis.

Sifakis

Giourkas

Dellas

Tavlaridis

Darlas

Lagos

Katsouranis

Tziolis

Karagounis

Stelios

Papadopoulos

Subs: Larissa Keeper?

Grammozis,Kyriakos,Alexopoulos,Vyntra,

Leontiou,Stoltidis,Fotakis

Salpigidis,Mantzios,Samaras

Give the Vets a needed rest and a suttle push out the door wink.gif .T he moment Basinas gets a team,and playing time he gets the seat next to Katsouranis.

I Like a lot of your picks. I do think that having a veteran to lead the way is crucial for the next generation to continue what Hellas has built the past 3 years or so

Vryzas has not scored a goal for the ethniki since the last ice age.

That being said, he is a very smart player and creates a lot of space for his teamates. Ellas plays better with him in the lineup than out of the lineup.

Too bad if he truly won't be a part of it.

Tavlaridis not making the team is just more of the same from Otto. Here is a game where a young player who plays well for his club would be well served with some NT experience (esp. for a friendly) and he misses the cut. We'll end up with the same old retreads playing in a game where they get nothing more than another intl. cap.

We need the youth to be ready for 2008 while the Zagorakis, Vryzas and the rest practice their tv commentaries.

Vryzas is finished....about time he was dropped.....

as for Xoutos.....the guy has to PROVE himself to get a spot. Even I can own a Mallorca jersey with my name on it. Choutos scored like 2 trash goals doesnt make him anything....if he starts hitting form then he should be looked at

as for Tavlaridis......the chances he got with the ethniki he didnt do much to impress......Kirgiakos, Dellas are much better players....I would rather see Alexopoulos get another call. Amanatidis must hit form again before he gets to play.

Zagorakis should get a call up for an Honorary "last cap"....Hes great but its time to make way and rebuild now. If Otto doesnt start immidiately, it WILL be the old ethniki again.

It all depends if the Hungary game is Otto's last game behind the bench.

If it is his farewell game, than he should play the players that served under him in the past years. If it is not, than he should slowly start replacing the older players with younger ones. Perhaps the Vryzas move for the Hungary game is just the beggining. We'll see what players from the domestic league he will call up for the game.

At least Otto will wait until after the game to make his decision unlike other coaches so it won't affect the players mental state as much if you know what i mean.

as for the callups, Tav was dynamite vs. Man U yesterday and is in his prime (25 years old) or just entering it, Otto needs to take advantage of him, he could play for dellas who is only 3-4 years older but is chronically injured so using tav now might not be a bad idea.

i'm still puzzled about Amanatidis, if otto doesnt use him as pure striker, it might be a good idea to use him as a right attacking mid cos stelios will be done in 1-2 years time

sad to see Vryzas is not there but he is barely getting playing time @ Fiorentina so maybe otto used that as the deciding factor

if otto starts rebuilding, he has to start right now and call up that kid in holland, Samaras ,let's see if otto will take notice of him when he starts playing for Arsenal next season, I personally can't wait for that.

as for Choutos, he won't get a place as long as otto is in charge

Perhaps one change at a time is the way to go....

If Otto is going to put in new blood maybe doing one change at a time is the best way to handle things.

The message is still sent that the status quo from Euro 2004 is currently not making the grade but at the same time he's not tossing everyone into the garbage.

Also by adding one or two changes at a time it's easier to evaluate those two. If you change 8 players it would be much harder I think to figure it out but I've never been a coach so I can't say for sure.

Euro 2008 is the next goal and it's imperative that we qualify and also qualify with a team that will also reach the next World Cup.

How many new SOLID players will that take.....I say about 6 (maybe 7) and the auditions start this month .....

Good luck to all participants.

This is a game where Otto should start 305 new players including a new goalkeeper. We need some security if Nikopolidis gets hurt and his backup has little or no intl. experience.

We need major changes in the midfield as Zagorakis should retire from the NT by next year and Basinas is out for the time being. Bring the German wonderkid in for this game and see how he stands.

In the attack give Matzios a shot, give Amanatidis a shot and don't play Pap or Charisteas. Pap has done jack when he's played and all the goals in the national league mean nothing when you play for the NT.

Bring new life into the team and see whther this will create a spark.

rodoj who is this german wonderkid that you speak of ?? And what players from the existing team would you keep? :huh:

His name is Masmanidis I believe and he grew up in Germany. Just read that Otto did call him up for the game w/Hungary.

Ioannis Masmanidis is 22 he's a midfielder playing for Karlusche after previously playing for bayer leverkusen and was born in Germany as far as i know. since he has German nationality i guess what allows him to play for Greece is his hellenic background

Drakos13, I doubt you could make the Mallorca roster, and play in the Primera in Spain. Why would'nt Xouto be called up. I dont see anyone else producing on the national team do you? Wake up man!

yeah Xoutos is better than me.........is that what you qualify acceptable to play????

no one else is producing because nobody is geting REAL chances! playing like 20 mins isnt considered a chance to prove yourself!!!

Houtos has no place, yet.

He cannot stay healthy, he needs playing time!

As does Karagounis, he has lost his spot, time to come back to Greece.

Strikers: Amanatidis,Samaras,Mantzios,Papadopoulos,Charisteas( when Healthy),Salpigidis. We must find our duo from this group.

There;s a kid ToRCHING the Austrian league Panagiotopoulos with 9 goals, you cant teach goal socring give hime a shot.

Oi paixtes pou stelexwnoun tin ethniki omada prepei na einai oi best of the best...Kai na allazoun mono otan kapoioi einai deforme wste sti thesi tous na erthei kapoios allos(pou isws na min einai eksisou kalos) alla einai perissotero formarismenos ekeini tin periodo...

Gia mena merikoi pou prepei na meinoun/erthoun:

Kotsolis,Sifakis

Byntra,Dellas,Tavlaridis,Darlas,Fyssas(?),Giourkas,Kyrgiakos,Aleksopoulos,Moras,

Katsouranis,Lymperopoulos(na kathierwthoun),Mpasinas(me proypotheseis),Giannakopoulos,

Amanatidis,Charisteas,Mantzios,Salpiggidis(opws kai dipote),Papadopoulos

Archived