Phantis Forums

Patsazoglou & Venetidis

Vasili0s

Today is the final day for Sollied to submit his 25 player roster for this years champions league and unfortunatly Sollied will NOT include Stelios Venetidis and Christos Patsazoglou who still have not overcome their injuries, included are Kyriakos, Phillipakos, Koulouxeris AND Spiros Vallas.

All the rumors about Castillio seem to have been just that, and suprisingly Armenian 17 year old Hovnanisian will also be included in the 25 player roster.

I am really suprised about Venetidis. Is he injured?

well he is recovering for a serious knee injury

when he was first injured it cost him the rest of the season but unfortunately for him will cost him for this season as well

now i really don't know much about the status of Pats but again u can't expect too much from him b/c he has missed 2 seasons worth of football

thats alot overcome

to me his goal this season is to get back into form

philipakos being included to the roster doesn't really mean much just another body

as for the armenian i think its not a bad idea

let him at least feel the emotion in a c.l. setting

i have no problem with Vallas being added i have always thought the club never gave him a chance

Koloucheris is also another waste hasn't really done much but again the club is also at fault here for not giving him a better opportunity

finally Kyriakos, he is interesting b/c he was signed before Sollied i really don't know if he will make any impact at all

the only thing siding with him is youth at the moment

I am disappointed for Pats and Venetidis. Two of our best Greek players out of this CL. Judging from the severity of their injuries, Solied's decision seems sensible but what a pitty anyway...

Let's hope that they will have some serious playing time in our league. We need depth in our defence for our duties are heavily increased (CL, domestic league and cup games).

Paidia uefa allows teams to add/substitute upto 3 players during the transfer season... Even though i am realy upset not to see them :( , i feel Sollid is making a wise decision to firstly check out and make sure the players are going ok and THEN if he believes he will need the help he could add them.... :tup:

finally Kyriakos, he is interesting b/c he was signed before Sollied i really don't know if he will make any impact at all

the only thing siding with him is youth at the moment

excuse me but aren't we talking about Tasos Kiriakos, new signing from Kalithea??? He should be 26 or 27 which is not that much young... :(

just checked it out at the official website and it says he was born in 14.8.1978 which makes him 27 years of age so he's not any young...

i confused Kirakos age with Pappas

my fualt

Why, is RB covered by your standards ? Mavrogenidis / Pantos ?

that was one of my worries before the season started but give credit Mavro played a solid rb v pao

but its only one game

Oh I agree, Mavro had a fabulous preseason and bought that play to OAKA as well. What I don't understand is Protathlitis' dislike of Bulut, anything in particular ?. IMO he's very experienced and very stable defensively, most of all he'll play a perfect utility role for us this season, and maybe ' The_Turk ' can give a quick opinion on Bulut as I beleive he has some liking to his abilities as well.

for those interested, here is the list of the players for the cl:

Nikopolidis, Lemmens, Giannou, Anatolakis, Bulut, Kostoulas, Mavrogenidis, Pantos, Schurrer, Vallas, Djordjevic, Georgatos, Hovhannisyan, Kafes, Kapsis, Maric, Rivaldo, Stoltidis, Taralidis, Toure, Babangida, D'acol, Dani, Okkas, Konstantinou

on the second list are the three "young players" that have to be included in the team according to the uefa rulings: Dougeroglou, Lisgaras and Castillo

Castillo barely managed to participate. Now it is shown how right were all of us who didn't like the extreme unprofessionalism of this guy. Sollied is new to the team, hence less affected by team internal politics, so his decision is quite objective.

Hoping that the kid will behave himself in the future (but I don't have many expectations). I 'm also expecting complaints from the gate 7 after the slightest team performance problem. They will demand from Sollied to use their beloved player as a team saviour as they did with Bajevic so many times...

Archived