Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos TV rights

Actually in Greece it is Supersport that has the rights, but they made a deal with ERT-Sat to show the home games in US anad Australia. that was the case last season. If I remember correctly it will also be the case this season.

I know ESPN has exclusive rights the CL games in North America. But do you think (consdering that ESPN or Setanta don't bother showiung CL qualification games) that ERT (and presumably ERT-Sat) could possibly air the games for the omogeni in North America and Australia??

How sweet would that be? Anyone here think it could be possible??

It's been said many many times in these forums: ESPN has the exclusive rights to broadcast all Champions League games in the USA. ERT-Sat cannot show any of these games. EPT can do that in Greece only.

We have to find other means if we want to watch these games this year. Lots of things are possible and people are working hard to make this real.

People who live in Greece or in Europe and have access to Nova satellite platform and are willing to help the omogenia watch a few important games this coming year please PM me or gastone_1978 and we will guide them how to do so at no cost to them. We need people with a pc and a tv who are willing to help! :tup:

I agree with spiro,

the more people with pc and tv who can stream for us the more games we can watch and the better it will look. if 1 person streams and 100 people are connecting well then no one will really see anything as we are effectively doing a Denial of service attack on that pc as its over flowed with requests.

I know ESPN has exclusive rights the CL games in North America. But do you think (consdering that ESPN or Setanta don't bother showiung CL qualification games) that ERT (and presumably ERT-Sat) could possibly air the games for the omogeni in North America and Australia??

How sweet would that be? Anyone here think it could be possible??

A few years ago Odyssey TV showed CL qualifying games of Greek teams via ALPHA Satellite. That has always led me to believe that the qualifying games were not part of ESPN's rights. I could be wrong but we could always hope...

we should get every greek game on our stations.why there should be so much problems for people out of europe who just want to see our damn teams play?why they don t make one channel just for sports all kind and all teams just for greeks?

Guest gastone_1978

we should get every greek game on our stations.why there should be so much problems for people out of europe who just want to see our damn teams play?why they don t make one channel just for sports all kind and all teams just for greeks?

That's what we have been screaming about my friend. The technology is out there so is the knowledge to do so.

I would much appreciate if people took more action though cos I am afraid people are still praying to God waiting for the miracle to occur. That's not the way it works. If you want something to happen take action (I am not referring to you crazy).

What kind of greeks are we afterall if we do not have friends who still live in Greece who can do such a thing. Internet connection is not an issue anymore through P2P software as 1 person with a simple 256Kb/s upload speed can support at least 50-100!!! People through the p2p TV programs that exist out there providing a considerable stream of 200Kb/s, which allows you to see the ball.

I know as a greek that greeks are famous of their connection and their intellectual abilities. Let's Prove it!!! :tup:

the problem with that in europe if they give the games to one channel to show europe the station could still be caught in Greece......which would make paying for Nova useless and nova has the rights so they get everything they want.

Archived