Phantis Forums

LAKIS IS COMIN BACK !

dave22222

Good for Lakis... he didnt have the best time in England, I remember when palace played Arsenal, they were at 1-1 which i think lakis set up a goal, and he missed an absolute sitter!!! i mean from 2 yrds out against an open goal!!! his whole english career pivoted on that moment, and he messed up!!!! if he scored, palace would still be up!!!

Well, division 2 is not a gr8 prospect, y should he play teams like brighton when he could be playing in the CL???

AEK Athens FC have re-signed Greek international midfielder Vassilios Lakis from Crystal Palace FC following the English team's relegation from the English Premiership.

Second chance

AEK announced the signing on Monday, with Lakis agreeing a three-year contract with the club he originally joined from Panathinaikos FC in the summer of 1998. He subsequently played 145 league games for AEK, scoring 37 goals, before joining Crystal Palace after UEFA EURO 2004™.

Bench duty

The 28-year-old Lakis made 18 appearances for the London side, 12 as a substitute, but Palace's campaign ended in relegation on Sunday. AEK, third in the Greek top flight, are likely to play in the UEFA Cup next season.

ecoming for Lakis

:o :o :o

You must give credit to the fantastic job the leaders of AEK are doing - revamping their squad and also bringing back Greek players to the patritha

Good for AEk and good for Lakis - right now AEK must be favourites for next year

and he missed an absolute sitter!!! i mean from 2 yrds out against an open goal!!! his whole english career pivoted on that moment, and he messed up!!!!

He is real fast but has absolutely no finishing skills what so ever. period.

last year he missed around 15 one on one break aways with the goal keeper (after I started counting the missed opportunities).

If he could finish he would be playing with a HUGE team in europe.

Hopefully someone will sit him down and work on his finishing skills.

Lakis suffered a lot from the nonexistent midfield of 10000000 problem AEK when he played;

he did the job of 3 midfielders thanks to his speed

This took a toll on his finishing IMO

Demis lost many too having to do double the work

Now things will be a bit better with more players having to finish what Lakis can create

The key , and on the same note , is different. Lakis is a great player and he will be recognised later for that as the Brits were forced to do for Zagorakis and Dellas.... But AEK needs a GOOD DR to help Lakis work his part of the field better instead of covering up gaps...

Welcoma Back Vasili! :tup:

Are you talking about the same Lakis who demied to go to Olympiakos a year earlier and surprised everyone by staying with us?

I think you have things a bit mixed up ... Lakis had to try playing abroad and I dont see why AEK would say no.

If he is back ... the better for us

Lets not exagerate with this AEK centered mentality.

Demis also went to Atletico

Santos to PAO too!

I want to see if Lakis can look Lybe and Katsou in the face when he returns.....

Is there something going on between those guys that we don't know about? I wasn't aware that there was any animosity there.

In any event, I think it's an excellent move. I'm sorry things didn't work out for the guy in England but AEK are slowly rebuilding and Lakis's experience will go far to help them in that regard.

Not denying that at all mouse.

But had Palace not dropped, would he be coming back?

I just made a point that is valid. Im sure the two I mentioned could have found teams overseas as well.

Dont kid yourself, I used to love Lakis and I still do but I cant help but be slightly dissapointed he didnt stay to help out in our time of need.

Archived