Phantis Forums

Transfers in summer

CH-Thrylos

i also read on a greek website today that van boiton has been added to our list. he is playing for hambourg with bpenza but he wants to leave. i ve seen him play and i would be thrilled if we signed him. he is a very tall and very mean player. he would be by far the best olypiakos signing of the summer if we were to gethim. he is AWESOME. i hope they actually try to sign him and its not just some rumour. this guy can play on any team in euroe easily!!!!

this sounds really good to hear

his this player on a free transfer

or we would have to buy him ???

now the list that was presented before with numer9ous players Olympiakos wished to sign?

i know Davide would have to be bought

but who is on the free transfer list???

now i don't see us getting Davide at all now b/c everybody seems to know about htis guy now and we can't compete with other top leagues in the transfer market

but lets hope we get one or maybe 2 big players from that list

lets start signing !!!!!!!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olympiacos Want Mpenza

Olympiacos want to sign a new star every season and as in the last season they secured the services of the former Brazilian international midfielder Rivaldo, now the “Reds and Whites” are looking for a strong forward like Hamburg’s star Emile Mpenza.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=70943&idSez=20

This would be a huge sighnin if it was to come true and i for one would b really jelous :unsure:

P.S this might mean that u guys wont get kostantinou :not:

dont make him better than he is. sure, he isnt a bad signing, but he also isnt that killer striker we all wished we would get. he had some good seasons in the past, but he never was a player who scores a lot of goals per season. his best year was in schalke when they nearly won the title. but at least we would finally have a real striker in our team. hopefully he will accept it and come to us.

about konstantinou, most papers say today that after he is free from pao now, osfp made an offer for a three year deal with about 800-900k a year.

eleftherotipia has some new rumours again, about the star player we are supposed to be after:

Julio Cruz (30, inter)

Hernan Crespo (29, chelsey)

Christian Vieri (32, inter)

Filippo Inzaghi (31, milan)

Luis Figo (32, real)

if we would manage it to get one of these players, i would say it would be an even bigger signing than rivaldos. but they look more like the typical osfp-rumours of the summer transfer season.

I still don't see any of them coming. Vieri is HEAVILY rumored to be heading to the EPL and Spurs specifically, Crespo is Chelsea property and we'd probably go under trying to sign and pay him. Figo was BS from day one. Our best bet is trying to sign some of the bench warmers from Inter side this past season such as : Cruz,Karagounis,etc.

Olympiacos Want Mpenza

7/2/2005 9:09:00 AM

Olympiacos want to sign a new star every season and as in the last season they secured the services of the former Brazilian international midfielder Rivaldo, now the “Reds and Whites” are looking for a strong forward like Hamburg’s star Emile Mpenza.

The Belgian striker hadn’t had a good time at HSV up to now and he is seeking for a way out of Germany, and the Greek double winners are more than interested in signing the 26 year old former Schalke star.

As the German club confirmed in their official website, Olympiacos have made an offer for Mpenza.

“We have an offer from Piraeus’ club” said HSV’s chief director, Dietmar Beiersdorfer, adding: “However we can’t say any more yet.”

From his side, the Belgian star admitted the Olympiacos offer but he stressed his loyalty to his current club.

“Yes, I’ve heard of their interest. My agent has spoken to them, that is his job. Now, I just want to start training with my club and time will tell what the future holds.”

Benza is your formidable average striker in Europe, nothing great but a welcomed addition considering our needs at the top. Unfurtonatly it seems, HSV isn't all too happy with the money offered to buy Benza, and if this is true I don't think it's worth to raise the stakes for such a striker.

With Alouizi having serious health problems, we can all forget about Konstandinou (which was a longshot from day one) The Deivid matter has been interstingly quite the past few days, and I don't think things are materializin the way we would like there either. So far, not good on all fronts.

hsv rejected our first bid for mpenza of about 1.5 mio. after that some sites say that we came with a second offer of nearly 3 mio and that hsv would be ready to let him go for about as much. we'll see about mpenza. i would say that this transfer could finally get through.

deivids transfer on the other hand looks very difficult. since atletico, deportivo, espanyol and another spanish team are interested in him, plus santos wants to keep him he will become very expensive. but, and i think this is an important point, kokkalis really likes that player and he really wants him in the team. if he is ready to spend the money to bring him it is possible to see him wearing our colours.

konstantinou has moved down on our list anyway since kokkalis isnt very keen on signing some more former green players. it is said that because of that the transfer of karagounis hasnt moved on either. and like vasilios said, since aloizi seems to have a problem it is very possible that pao will offer him a new contract.

the other big names sound very nice, but i dont really want any of them in the team. sure they would be great signings, but i think that we could have some problems within the team, if we get some more stars. i prefer deivid over any of them. it sounds as if he is a very talented player and he could stay with the team for several years or could be sold in the future for more money.

boca juniors is rumoured to be interested in schurrer now, because they have a problem in their defense. but sollied seems to be counting on him so it looks rather like schurrer will stay. except if we get another good defender.

this is all bullshiit about mpenza!

he has stated to the state-run television ard and zdf that he would prefer to stay at hsv rather than move to greece.

remember the bundesliga is much bigger than greece and also a club like hsv is much bigger than oly even if they dont play in the cl they still got about 50000 to all their homegames

find me those quotes slick.

the only comments i've read about mpenza making are to sportime itself where he was pleased from OSFP's interest and expressed his liking to moving to piraeus and to state run TV where he simply acknowledged the interest and contract offer and made a comment to the extent of "for now im an hsv player, but we'll see what comes" in otherwords the usual run around.

find me those quotes slick.

the only comments i've read about mpenza making are to sportime itself where he was pleased from OSFP's interest and expressed his liking to moving to piraeus and to state run TV where he simply acknowledged the interest and contract offer and made a comment to the extent of "for now im an hsv player, but we'll see what comes" in otherwords the usual run around.

i read it on the teletext of theese 2 channnels!

here in denmark we recieve them with the basic cable package.

mpenzas statement was made to a german newspaper. the same newspaper writes today, that he knows about osfps interest. he said he will start the training with his team normally, to give 100% and that time will tell what is going to happen to him, if he stays or if he leaves. so the whole thing is open. if osfp manages to satisfy both the player and the club there shouldnt be a problem in signing him.

OSFP is to up the stakes and submit a more desireable offer to HSV for Mpenza on Monday, that should hopefully seal it.

Vieri still a long shot but it seems Georgatos is trying to seduce his former Inter pal, and the matter has taken on a form of seriousness. Karagouni meanwhile is being hunted down by Mallorca.

Also seems Aloizi is going to fight with PAO as long as it takes, thus leaving the door open to lure Konstandinou.

they should go for davide also atheltico dont need another centre foward cause they signed one and also kezman went there too also vieri will not come also now that the koutso kangaroo isnt going to pao some how i see pao signing konstantinou up if i was kokkalis i would go for davide and give borduex the money they want for him

eleftherotipia has some new rumours again, about the star player we are supposed to be after:

Julio Cruz (30, inter)

Hernan Crespo (29, chelsey)

Christian Vieri (32, inter)

Filippo Inzaghi (31, milan)

Luis Figo (32, real)

if we would manage it to get one of these players, i would say it would be an even bigger signing than rivaldos. but they look more like the typical osfp-rumours of the summer transfer season.

i don't think any of these signings will help the state of the club

i mean say if we get Vieri which i hope we don't we just can't stop there

we still need to get a couple of more players

Benza sounds like a good player

big and strong something we lack now w/o Giovanni

going to be tough to get him but we need to get somebody of his stature to the club

i hope we can somehow get Davide he sounds like some terrific player

sportday brought up biscan again. and they also mention a guy called dragutinovic (29, standard liege).

it is always funny the transfer season with a new coach. if we would have gotten a german coach, half the bundesliga would be on our transfer list. now with a coach that comes from a belgian team most of the players of the jupiler league are supposed to be our targets.

i really would like to see mpenza wearing our shirt, but slowly i am not sure anymore if he would really be the player we are looking to get. he had quite a lot of injury problems last year and as it seems he is allergic to some medicines. some of the papers look to me as if they want to make him a better player than he really is.

well, it seems every country has its own idiotic media. Igor Biscan, for more than six or seven weeks, is linked to Besiktas in the Turkish press. If both Greek and Turkish media bring a player to the either sides of the Aegean, then the player usually goes to some team in Italy or Spain! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Emile M'Penza is a good player but not any greater than even Okkas. He's been a guy that was expected a lot from but never made the explosion he was supposed to make. He's 26 and just like PAO's Olisadebe, washed up at a very early age. M'Penza will be a harm to Olympiakos rather than being a catalyst for success, I believe.

Guest Mugkas

well, it seems every country has its own idiotic media. Igor Biscan, for more than six or seven weeks, is linked to Besiktas in the Turkish press. If both Greek and Turkish media bring a player to the either sides of the Aegean, then the player usually goes to some team in Italy or Spain! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Emile M'Penza is a good player but not any greater than even Okkas. He's been a guy that was expected a lot from but never made the explosion he was supposed to make. He's 26 and just like PAO's Olisadebe, washed up at a very early age. M'Penza will be a harm to Olympiakos rather than being a catalyst for success, I believe.

hey The Turk no offence buddy but why do you care about greek football?

i just dont get it!

so far osfp has signed a couple of youngsters and i wouldn t mind getting vieri or figo or mpenza or whoever else the newspapers say but until they actually sign i just can stand all this rumours.i don t care if they are old ,ribo is not actually a teenager,but mostly if they our going to make our team stronger.i would love to get robinio but i don t have 5 billiongazilion dollars to get him.thank god pao has worse problems than osfp with one player signed but not welcome and the other M.I.A.ipomoni brothers ipomoni.........

not very surprising daniel van buyten has extended his contract at hsv untill 2008!

who is next?

the stuff with van buyten has benn finished for some days now. there were several teams interested in him. but first, hsv doesnt want to let him go, and second the player himself wants to stay where he is. that was just a rumour of the greek newspapers.

Archived