Phantis Forums

Transfers in summer

CH-Thrylos

he is supposed to be a talent (like every african player coming to greece), he has the typical little tale connected to him (arsenal wanting to sign him in the past) and we have to wait and see what he is worth. its strange for me that donetzk signed him for 2 mio four years ago and we are getting him for 1.2 mio.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like he was highly rated by many in the Belgian league a few years back. Perhaps a few years at Donentsk (sp?) and his lack of exposure will have lowered his transfer value. Hmmm...not sure.

This is a solid signing on Oly's part I think. They've clearly been doing their homework in the last little while and Sollied's influence is all over this particular transfer. A young defensive player...whew..it's not going to look pretty back there with this kid and Kapsis leading the line.

They still need to address the striker's position though...

to be honest i dont think that osfp has anything to do with the finding of toure. he was high on sollieds list and he wanted him in the team. they "just" bought him to show sollied that they support him. i'd say the management and scouts of our team have never even heard of him.

but anyway. i am glad we signed a young player. if he was worth the signing will be seen during the season.

since we have a new coach and he asked for this to players toure and mpenza it is a step forward trying to bring them both because normaly most greek teams will just get players and then let the coach figure it out.good moves so far. :tup:

eleftherotipia writes, that louvaris had also a meeting with an other team when he went to paris. the rumours say he met some people to talk about zairi (23, sochaux), ljuboja (26, PSG) or juninho (30, lyon). out of these i would say zairi is the most possible one, since we already were interested in him in the past.

furthermore they say, that bergdölmo has signed with us, according to norwegian media, and that sollied wants a left defender.

osfp is also rumoured to be in talks with a player from south america (sorin?) and that most probably one out of katergiannakis or lyberopoulos will be signed for the third goalkeeper spot.

It's time you should forget about Benza. Only Kostantinou is coming.

if Mbenza doesn't come along

we need to get Zairi for sure

he is suppose to be really good and he has speed which Olympiakos as a team lack

as for Bergdolmo i have no idea on his age or size at all

and who is this south american are we talking about here

Wrong thread Ioup.

So it's official, Mixalakis in red. The Mpenza serial is still going on, but it's up in the air. Reports have us going all out for one of the three : Karagounis,Giannakopoulos and Za'iri of Sochaux. Let's see what we can do till friday.

:box:

I think we should forget about Mpenza. He has officially expressed his desire to stay with HSV and also, and more importantly he is too inconsistent.

We are obviously building a team for some European success, and I doubt that Emile Mpenza can seriosuly make a difference between us having an average campaign in Europe to a long and successful one.

I say ZAIRI will be the "BOMBA" in the next couple of days :o

Proedre trelane mas :1eye:

as far as i remember him out of the matches against sochaux, he was very good. it would be another great addition to the team, making our right side stronger too. and since he is young he could stay at the team for some years.

but we also need another striker. for our offense we have konstantinou, okka, d'acol, rivaldo and castillo. but i would say that okkas, castillo and rivaldo will play on an other position or wont start.

most probably, if we get a striker it will be iversen, since things with mpenza dont look that good at the moment.

this way or that way, Olympiacos is on the right track after these signings. First of all, you guys signed players that you needed foremost! Konstantinou is the star signing of this transfer season but Yahia Toure can also turn out to be great. I clearly feel that your tactics will change after these two signings. Also, Kapsis and Schuerrer can make up a very strong defence, a term which for the last five or six seasons has been very unfamiliar to Olympiacos as a whole.

-------------------------------------------Konstantinou-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Castillo--------Rivaldo--------------------------------

----Djorjevic--------------------------------Kafes---------------------(Needs to be filled)

------Venetides----------------Kapsis-------------Peralta-------------------Mauro-------

---------------------------------------------Antonaki----------------------------------------

looks like a nice team with back-ups like Okkas, D'Acol, Maritch and Toure...

Archived