The2ndMouse

Where do you want it built?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want it built?

• ONLY in Nea Filadelfia
    • In Philadelphia but if not possible Elsewhere
    • Away from Filadelfia
    • I cannot Decide

I know this may piss people off, but it seems like abondoning OAKA (and getting a new stadium) would be a bad idea. I mean I'm sure AEK and it's fans want some identity, but with the amount of $$ put into OAKA for the Olympics and the fact the national team dosen't use it makes it seem like a waste. The fact that Greece is broke (money-wise) from the Olympics (and Greek soccer is broke period), makes any new stadium request (including PAO) seem unattractive. it won't be around for another 2-3 years, cost you tons of $$ (you also got relegated due to bankruptcy), and with it possibly may leave Athens (from a stadium/home game view). I mean you don't want to be know as AEK (insert athens suburb), so I try sticking with where your fans are. AEK definatly has the potentail to get tons of $$ with tickets (65,000 capticity + Athens Derbies=$$$), so I don't see what's so bad with OAKA. Just my opinion though.

Its very tricky....and open to a lot of interpretation. I have never been to the NG so this has no PERSONAL attachment to me, but as a club I feel that we really should do everything in our power to stay at Fili.

I cant imagine AEK being anywhere else. Whilst it would be dissapointing if we moved, I think most AEK fans get over it, but we should be pushing s%$#! up a hill to get this stadium in NF.

Teleia kai paula.

I know this may piss people off, but it seems like abondoning OAKA (and getting a new stadium) would be a bad idea. I mean I'm sure AEK and it's fans want some identity, but with the amount of $$ put into OAKA for the Olympics and the fact the national team dosen't use it makes it seem like a waste. The fact that Greece is broke (money-wise) from the Olympics (and Greek soccer is broke period), makes any new stadium request (including PAO) seem unattractive. it won't be around for another 2-3 years, cost you tons of $$ (you also got relegated due to bankruptcy), and with it possibly may leave Athens (from a stadium/home game view). I mean you don't want to be know as AEK (insert athens suburb), so I try sticking with where your fans are. AEK definatly has the potentail to get tons of $$ with tickets (65,000 capticity + Athens Derbies=$$$), so I don't see what's so bad with OAKA. Just my opinion though.

AEK pays killer rent at OAKA that is ok for a temporary home, but restricts the club in the long run. A stadium will help the clubs revenue if they are careful enough to ensure good financing of the stadium.

tough situation for AEK

but getting a stadium right now is very difficult

due to the state of Greek soccer and more importantly the country

i mean AEK as to for starters get off Article 44 protection before spending money on a new ground

i think it will start at earliest in 5 years the project that is

i hope they built over the old stadium u know

lots of history

Mouse edw se apantw yia 8ema yupedou......kai sou dinw thn apopsh mou:

I dont know what it was like in the 80s, just what Ive read and heard. My theory is simple (and maybe error-riddled). This year our fans have been poor in the consistency sense. I dont like those fans who come for derbies or who stay home for weather. On average our crowd varies around the 20-30 mark consistently, yes?

So why the hell should we build a stadium to accomodate those who arnt coming every week? I say stuff them. This year is when we need everyone. This year is where we pull ourselves out of the financial muck by consistently getting 30-40k to every game, but that is not happening.

So in my eyes we only need a stadium that fits 35-38k. That will suffice and that should reward those who are going everyweek. Those who come for derbies only.....they only have themselves to blame.

Thats my theory.

OM21 if you read the interview you saw that Demi has a certain vision w/ AEK becoming a big club, na protagonistei in Europe ktl.. whether that is feasable or not remains to be seen of course but he did say that one of the conditions for this happening is having 30,000 season ticket holders. If you only build a stadium that holds 30-40 k you leave no room for the simple fan that can only make it once in a while..

You also have to consider that if Demi's vision indeed becomes reality the team will attract a lot more fans than it currently does. Also a nicer staium w/ more luxuries, easier access will attract more fans as well.

I wish they could come up w/ a solution to build something in NF but I dont see it happening due to the way they want (or actually need) to finance the gipedo. No gov't $, just companys that will front a big portion of th money and expect it back by taking advantage of the various surrounding shops movie theatres etc.

Len and Mouse......I hear you and I truly understand you but I dont agree with you.

Here I am living on the other side of the world, getting up at 1am to have a drink with my mates to watch AEK at 3am. Going to work at 6am with 3 hours sleep........

and you guys are here telling me we are trying to entice fans by having crap like

a nicer staium w/ more luxuries, easier access will attract more fans as well

If you love the club....you will go. Passion doesnt get generated with gimmick things like nice car parks, passion does not come because there is cleaner toilets. We should look at being reasonable. For far too long we have made excuses for the casual fan. Violence was heavier in the 80s than it was now, and the facilities were SHITER, YET the numbers were greater. Go figure?!

I do, trust me, I understand your reasoning but Demis has to do what is right by the club's history. Yupedo sth NF.....who cares if we sacrifice 12k seats and have a 38k. The casual fan only has itself to blame.

If we are getting 30-35 at OAKA every week, then yes lets talk 50. Mexri twra, ase me.

ever heard the saying

build it and they will come

i mean take Olympiakos for example with their newly rebuilt stadium Karaiskaki the demand for tickets has been just tremendous

if they can get a game w/o a ban they would average 33,500 easy

it's the atmosphere that creates it

it's become an event

of course Greek football needs to clean up it's violent act

but it's possible for packing up the stadia i mean why not

granted we are a small country of 10 million

but it's not like were in huge stadiums of 60,000

i mean Xanthi is a population of 70,000 with a capacity of 7,000 they should be filling up

your only asking 13 % of hte the peoople to come support weekely

if Greek football cleans up soccer can be a big business not like England but standards to be proud off

they used to be in the 80's and before so why not again

OM21 I understand what you're saying about the casual fans but not everybody is as crazy for AEK as you me or someone else writing on this board. When I lived in Athens there wasn't a Sunday that went by where I didn't go to the gipedo, whether that was OAKA (early on) or NF when it reopened, whether we sucked or not, whether I had to piss on the wall outside or in the facilities. I am sure you are the same way when it comes to going to see games wheveer you are. The question is how did you or I get like that? Did we just one day wake up and go ...thats it, I'm crazy for AEK? No. I'm sure you had a father, a brother, a cousin , a friend who told you about the team, took you to see a game at the cafe, and helped you develop a love for the team. You obviously liked what you saw and made a decission to follow them through thick and thin. By creating a new stadium w/ the amenities I mention above you bring more people in, and you create new fans, who are more like you and me.

As far as the comparison with the80's you have to take economics into consideration. In the 80's tickets were dirt cheap.. you could go see a game for 500 drachs (and prob less early on). Now a days its much for difficult for omeone to shell out the 20-50 euros for a ticket, especially w/ what people are making over there. You also have to take television into account, as well as the perceived corruption (whether its true or not) of the league which has been much more prevalent in the last few years where attendence numbers have been declining.

I'm with you man.. if they can build it in NF makari na to kanoun, just dont immediately disregard any other option cause of history (we moved once..we can do it again if necessary), or other sentimental reasons.

Oh, and lets not forget .. me tin niki tin kiriaki against the gries!!

Even if its a matter of shaping our future potential?? !!

You are forgetting that Nea Filadelfia too was just a place available at the time we took it (in use by refugees of course)

But all around Athens (Ionia, N. Smyrni, Vironas, Kessariani and many more) there is a huge Refugee element!

I was born in Vironas and know!

You must also understand that Athens and Attica is not divided in cities that much. It more of a homogeneous thing

Again, to support what I say, I will not depart form the reality that despite all the above I did see the team and I did grow along side the club in Filadelfia. But I would never accept a small stadium with less facilities there under no circumstances.

We cannot let emotion hold this great club down! And wherever AEK goes the Erasitexniki will still have the Filadelfia site! The heart of AEk will not be torn out from there! Plus, together with the training ground which proceeds faster we will then be talking about the Greek Club with 3!!! Owned (If the new ground will pass to us in 1 or 2 decades) sites!

Now this is good forward planning and I think that after Loukas Barlos Demis and co, HAVE a vision for a great club.

I love filadelfia but if we must move on. I will support it

I know this may piss people off, but it seems like abondoning OAKA (and getting a new stadium) would be a bad idea. I mean I'm sure AEK and it's fans want some identity, but with the amount of $$ put into OAKA for the Olympics and the fact the national team dosen't use it makes it seem like a waste.

yeah tell me why doesnt the NT use OAKA and play in Karaiskaki?

You make a point about why not have OAKA AEK"S new home instead of building a brand new stadium. Maybe it's too costly to rent out and Demis and Co just only want a different style football stadium.

Other than AEK what's OAKA used for? concerts?, future athletics?

How do you maintain a stadium like that if no revenue is coming in other than AEK's temporary money?

Archived