Phantis Forums

Team of 2004-UEFA

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/news/Kind=131072/...sId=273663.html

You at least think they would include one or two from that coutnry who won the euro tiltle.. :gr:

No individual talent? C'mon give us a F*** in break!

Weird! :blink: :tdown: :angry:

I just feel that our championship has and will become a lost memory in the euro football clique and just want to forget about what hapenned.

they never will respect anything but the "big western" countries. no matter how many cups we will win it will be like this... this was just people voting though and 97% of them will only know players from Barcelona/Juve/Real/Arsenal/Milan

CAFU is the right back of the year??????? I thought I would be at least better than Cafu.... he was awful, i hate cafu.... remember his great game with deportivo where he let the whole milan defense down the whole games and even scored an own goal......people just know names, not players.

and since when is Ronaldo a right mid?

Come on! Nedved is gone with the wind and does not deserve to be there! Cristiano Ronaldo is OK, but having put Maniche into midfield how can they forget Deco??? Cafu as right-back is a terrible decision but the super-chump Ash occupies left-back spot and that is a DISASTER!!! Buffon may also be debated after a cupless season for Bianconeri. I would say...

----------------------------------------Petr Cech--------------------------------------------

---------------------Carvalho-----------Dellas-------------Nesta--------------------------

----------------------------------------Gravesen--------------------------------------------

-------C. Ronaldo--------------Deco----------Ronaldinho--------------Arjen Robben----

----------------------------Milan Baros---------Shevchenko-------------------------------

I've swithced the tactic to an offensive 3-5-2 cause I did not decide on any left or right back after carefully thinking of my nominees... It could be most probably Seitaridis or Ferreira on the right but I couldn't make up my mind and for the left hand side I still reckon Roberto Carlos as the best but he's ageing and I did not put him! Arjen Robben wa just ahead of Vicente of Spain and one can replace Baros with Zlatan...

Ridiculous! That is how I would describe this popularity contest (that is all this is).

I would respect a choice made by journalists better than this!

Btw, replace Gravesen with Zagorakis and I'll ba able to live with your team, The_Turk (3 centre-backs and all)!

This poll is pretty much a popularity contest :tdown: . It just goes to show you how many "bandwagon" folks are out there :o . Using a 4-4-2 the way it should be (IMO) is:

GK: Petr Cech

Defense: Carlos; Cole; Dellas :gr:; and Seitaridis :gr:

Midfield: C. Ronaldo; Zagorakis :gr:; Ronaldiniho; Kaka

Strikers: Charisteas :gr:, Shevchenko

Coach: King Otto :gr:.

Btw, replace Gravesen with Zagorakis and I'll ba able to live with your team, The_Turk (3 centre-backs and all)!

mate, don't think it something to offend you but I think that Gravesen is the best DM C in the game at the moment...

and guys, please for God's sake do not field that son of a bitch Ashley Cole in your team... I mean even Konstantinidis is better :LOL:

Yes i agree that those have to be the most inacurate ratings of players ever

in my opinion the lineup should be as follows..

.........................................Howard.................................................

Seitaridis..............Nesta.........................Cannavaro............R.Carlos

C.Ronaldo.............Lampard...................Ronaldinho..............Robben

.............................Rooney...................Shevchenko........................

Coach:O. Rehhagel

tough decisions: Nikopolidis, Dellas, Gravesen, Kaka, Seedorf, Adriano

Imo...

Cech had a very strong year and deserves the nod as GK.

Seitaridis, Carvalho and Dellas had very good years and should be on defence.

Left back is a problem but I'd take Zambrotta, Fyssas or Roberto Carlos miles ahead of any English defender (is that an oxymoron? :P )

Zagorakis led his team, against all odds, to win Euro 2004. He should be in as DM.

Kaka had a brilliant year but Ronaldinho was better as AM.

Robben on the left with the right side going (very reluctantly) to Ronaldo. I say reluctantly because there isn't much essence in his game yet.

On attack, Shevchenko without a doubt.

Finding him a partner is difficult...Baros wins it based on his performance at Euro 2004.

look i wanted Greek players to be on that list but remember this

to me i view it a higher achievement that Greek players weren't on the list

reason being they truly showed the essence of a team

a group of players working well with one another and off course their utlimate goal is to win and off course they did that in Euro 2004

i question 3 players on that list Cafu, C. Ronaldo, and ashley cole

reason being that players like Dellas, Seitards Zagorakis, and Nikopolidis is b/c they didn't have enough club sucess and plus its a popularity contest i mean i want to know how may Greeks had the option to vote

to me a view it has a greater achievement b/c Euro 2004 Greece was the ultimate true team

Guest Protathlitis

An absolute joke:

anyone who thinks cafu is better than seitaridis is a whore.

Come on! Nedved is gone with the wind and does not deserve to be there! Cristiano

Turk, did you see nedved at euro 2004? he was the second best players of the tournament behind Zagorakis; not only that but hes juve's best player still and has had another senataional year: hands down the best left wing of the year.

Robben? are you judging from his PSV peformances or his euro? at both club and country robben had an incomparable year to nedved

Roberto carlos? are you fukin kidding me? the guy is absolutley finished the madrid fans hate him cos hes s%$#!: he cant defend for s%$#! he shouldent even have been nominated. Id agree with cole being picked but Fyssas is up there too.

Zagorakis should have been picked for sure; maniche? bullshit. the turk is right:

HOW CAN MANICHE BE PICKED BUT NOT DECO? SOMEBODY SAID LAMPARD; BE SERIOUS!!!

DELLAS AND CARVALHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE CENTRE BACKS

Archived