Phantis Forums

Averladze

drakos13

Drako mou, these Scots have no friggin' clue what they're about to run into. Ibrox is only mildly "atmospheric" when they play in that derby against Celtic. You're right that the Brits have no clue about making noise and atmosphere. Two weeks ago 3,000 Greeks outsang the 60,000+ United fans. Arveladze and the Scots have NO CLUE about the reception they're gonna receive on Wednesday. I really wish I could be there. :box:

Putting seats in all stadiums has really killed the atmosphere at UK matches. Fans complain if anyone stands up in front with police and stewards ready to enforce it. It really is pathetic. There are regular call for the reintroduction of standing areas (as in Germany) but will never get government approval.

When Rangers play Celtic play it's a different matter because of the hatred that exists. I don't think any other game in the UK compares to this, and can in no way be described as 'mildly atmospheric'. I have been at many athens derbys in OAKA as well as Rangers - Celtic games (I support neither) and can say the general atmosphere is very similar with crowds of around 60,000 making a hell of a lot of noise. I'd say that Greek fans are in general more vocal, and dare say aggresive in their support, which gives the atmosphere a real edge. They also support their team for the entire game which rarely happens in the UK.

That combined with the closeness to the pitch at Leoforos should create an atmosphere that will be hard to match at Ibrox next year. Anyone going to make it to that one? Maybe tonights result will decide that.

ELA PAO!!

I've been reading the articles for the game in the daily record the past few days and they are so much full of sh....

Especially with the "Pana thugs of Gate 13" it refers to, whom are getting into fights. It is true to a certain extent but we have never gotten into fight with any european fans all these years. Either home or away.

yes honestly, Britain is not even europe, they are dry, uncultured "toast" where the only good thing to come from them was soccer and America (which isnt even that great at times) G13 Nazis? where the hell? because of the PAO Ole where we salute our team? If we are Nazis why the hell do we allow Shoum to be our coach?

British Fans are the ones getting into fights not Greeks. we just throw things and chant and scream - and we dont need alcohol to do it either.

G13 Nazis? where the hell? because of the PAO Ole where we salute our team? If we are Nazis why the hell do we allow Shoum to be our coach?

British Fans are the ones getting into fights not Greeks. we just throw things and chant and scream - and we dont need alcohol to do it either.

Those last two lines were CLASS, man... :tup:

drako and jcl!

What kind of a logic is this mates!?

Why insult a whole nation for the bad things only a few of them do, and especially when we have our own doing the same every once in a while...

Yes there are differences based on different backgrounds, cultures, experiences from life and maybe even the bloody weather... But how can you just errupt against everybody when a stupid tabloid or a stupid journalist throws petrol in the fire!?

We can learn a lot from wha tthe Brits did with security in their game (despite always being difficult to control travelling fans and despite killing part of the ground 'atmosphere' for their fans)

Relax guys! Not all people are the same... Let us not hand labels on people so easily!

Archived