Phantis Forums

A' Div: Chalkydona - PAOK

Ziaka

On Sunday we travel to Neapoli to play Chalkydona. Chalkydona is a very tough team, which gives all the team hard time. Under present circumstances I would say that PAOK has no chance of comeing out with a positive result from this game. However there is always the thinking: how much lower can we go. I think it's time for PAOK to realize that by losing this game, things will get very tough, considering the tough games coming up.

I predict that we will see a different PAOK in this game. I will predict a 1-0 win for PAOK on Sunday.

Skarmoutsos , Vaggelis, Andralas, Markos will miss the game due to various resons. Another absence will most likely be Udese.

Also, Udese has once again "forgot" to return back from a trip to Nigeria to play for his country's NT. He has contacted PAOK saying that he will not be back in Thessaloniki until Sunday. It's about time PAOK officials placed a monetary fine on Udese to teach him, and anyone else thinking as him, a lesson.

A 2-0 FT loss for PAOK.

I'm not at all surprised nor am I all that bothered by it. PAOK had some chances in this game apparently, with two shots that hit the posts by Salpiggidis and Maladenis but in the end, they couldn't put the biscuit in the basket.

Chalkydona are just a better organized team.

It's apparent that under the curent leadership (front office, coach) the team will not go anywhere. The players have lost any loyalty to the team they had and are only just coasting. The 2 or 3 player that care can't reverse the situation.

I saw highlites of the game, and we lost 3 clear cut chances to score in the first half. They were chances that should not be missed. Then we conceded a goal that was clearly from an offside position, and that was the end, since the team lacks any kind of leadership to fight back. The worst thing was listening to the idiot coach that we have saying that we played good football, and that we will get the three points back in the next game. What a joke.

It's apparent that under the curent leadership (front office, coach) the team will not go anywhere. The players have lost any loyalty to the team they had and are only just coasting. The 2 or 3 player that care can't reverse the situation.

I saw highlites of the game, and we lost 3 clear cut chances to score in the first half. They were chances that should not be missed. Then we conceded a goal that was clearly from an offside position, and that was the end, since the team lacks any kind of leadership to fight back. The worst thing was listening to the idiot coach that we have saying that we played good football, and that we will get the three points back in the next game. What a joke.

Yitzak Shum wouldn't have been a bad option it seems now ;)

Why do I have a feeling Anastasiadis will return to save the team again? You lose the next game and I see you taking part in a relegation dogfight. PAOK is not even winning in "fortress Toumba" anymore.

Not only that, I think we will get a UEFA Cup spot, but first Fringer will have to get the boot. Anastasiadis is not coming back as long as Goumenos is running the team. Anastasiadis covered Goumenos's ass during summer by not making trades, but they stabbed him in the back after the CL fiasco.

Not only that, I think we will get a UEFA Cup spot

Chris, that might be pushing it to much. This team lacks confidence in a big way. Besides making the UEFA Cup shouldn't be a goal for a team like P.A.O.K. Winning championships should be the goal.

At this point I don't see how they can climb up to such a spot. There are many teams ahead of them. IMO, they are not better then many teams right now. Take this year to put things in order. First they need to find a coach for the long haul. Any serious people looking to take over?

Yeah, I don't know if UEFA is in the cards for PAOK this year. Like you mentioned, there would have to some big changes with Fringer taking a hike.

I feel sorry for Salpiggidis. That kid is giving his all and the other players are just loafing about. Brutal.

And no, Shum is not looking good at all at the moment would not have made a difference. Only his daughter looks good and could make a difference. :)

Call me an optimist, but I think UEFA Cup is still withing reach. There is only 6 point difference between PAOK and the UEFA Cup positions, so it is doable. However the team has to start performing. There is no doubt about that.

I feel sorry for Salpiggidis too. This kid should be apponted the captain of the team right now instead of the current captain Koutsis, whose heart is either with AEK or Panathinaikos these days.

Archived