Kazim 5

Erdinc 5

Nihat 5

Subs:

Sabri 7

Asik 6

Semih /NA

Fatih Terim 3

Guess GS1905 was right... not Turkey's year......but still, the lack of effort out there after the 1-0 was pretty shameful. The lineup, the wasting posessions, all hideous.....it seemed like Terim wanted to keep a 0-0 after half time.

Subs were totally wasted on Sabri (who should be starting) and Asik.....

then when 1-0 down all was left was 1 sub...and this is the 65th minute :blink:

i havent changed my list after i have watched the first matches,

1.Portugal

2.Czech

3.Turkey

4.Swiss

This night if Portugal&Turkey play till morning Turkey wouldnt score a goal, The game plan was terrible if u change middle of Turkey they are nothing that Terim tried it, and without Arda Turan, and of course terrible deffanse...It hurted to watch this kind of team which was the one of the terrible Turkey hope they ll be better on the other matches...

Now i m waiting for my second team ''Grecee'':)

probably same as what Lucas Podolski did today... :ph34r:

Hakan Yakin is of Turkish parents, but he was born and raised in Switzerland... there are a lot of Turks in Switzerland and many in football. The immigrants there really into football, and thats why I think theres so many foreign players playing for them. Switzerland really is a very multicultural country.

And hey - if playing for Switzerland can actually get you the Swiss passport - why not ? :LOL:

(swiss passport extremley difficult to attain)

Hakan Yakin is of Turkish parents, but he was born and raised in Switzerland... there are a lot of Turks in Switzerland and many in football. The immigrants there really into football, and thats why I think theres so many foreign players playing for them. Switzerland really is a very multicultural country.

And hey - if playing for Switzerland can actually get you the Swiss passport - why not ? :LOL:

guys, it's not only Hakan Yakin.. In the Swiss side we have two fellow born-to-Turkish-parents players, Gokhan Inler from Udinese and Eren Derdiyok from FC Basel and based on Frei's injury seriousness, all could start against Turkey..

and I was NOT surprised by the Turkish outing against Portugal as I expected a bad performance.. The only additional thing was Terim's extremely poor selection of squad...

next game I would field;

-------------------Rustu------------------

--Sabri---Servet---Gungor----Balta----

------Altintop----Ayhan---Aurelio-------

--Nihat----------Senturk------Arda-----

but I am quite sure Terim wouldn't dare put in two brand-new players in a crucial game and we'll have to deal with Emre's lazy play and Asik's lacklustre defending..

guys, it's not only Hakan Yakin.. In the Swiss side we have two fellow born-to-Turkish-parents players, Gokhan Inler from Udinese and Eren Derdiyok from FC Basel and based on Frei's injury seriousness, all could start against Turkey..

Will their ancestral villages be safe from angry mobs if they score against their mother country? :huh:

and I was NOT surprised by the Turkish outing against Portugal as I expected a bad performance.. The only additional thing was Terim's extremely poor selection of squad...

next game I would field;

-------------------Rustu------------------

--Sabri---Servet---Gungor----Balta----

------Altintop----Ayhan---Aurelio-------

--Nihat----------Senturk------Arda-----

but I am quite sure Terim wouldn't dare put in two brand-new players in a crucial game and we'll have to deal with Emre's lazy play and Asik's lacklustre defending..

not to mention Tuncay being absolutley pathetic.

And yes, Swiss have more than one Turk on the team.....There are many in Switz...Austria also has 2 Turks on the team... In my team in Switz we had a few Turks too and the senior team even had Turkish players...

Leaving out Arda was just idiotic man...Honestly the offensive final touches were blatntly missing, Arda could have changed that game in a big way for Turkey...give them more time on the ball, smarter play and even a few tricks... And using all the subs that early to put in defenders....Terim simply isnt good for this team. Theyre going to need somebody who has a bit more faith in the team than this, because the Turks gave up after 1-0, it was obvious in everything they did.

I dont see why the Turks would be angry at them scoring....there part of the opponents now, and theyre Swiss Turks...I mean if Greek players scored against us Id probably groan more that we got scored on rather than it being a Greek player....

Well have to see in a few years when Michal Papadopoulos of Czech Rep ever makes the team and plays Greece...Or Masmanidis for Germany, but Masmanidis will never make that team, he made a very bad decision IMO and ruled himself out of an international career....but to be honest he wouldnt make the Greek team either. Other than that, theres the NewYorican Greek in USA and Jason Koumas for Wales. :LOL:

Turkish line-up against Swiss team today...

------------------------Volkan------------------------

--Altintop---Emre Asik----Servet Cetin--Balta----

------------------------Aurelio------------------------

---Gokdeniz--------Arda--Tumer Metin--Tuncay--

-------------------------Nihat-------------------------

looks 4-1-4-1 and only with one true DM..

I expect the Swiss to start with...

------------------Benaglio----------------

-Lichtsteiner-Muller-Senderos-Magnin-

-Barnetta--Gelson--Gokhan--Behrami-

-----------Yakin-----Eren Derdiyok-----

If Portugal beats Czech Rep as things look to be, we should AT LEAST NOT LOSE the Swiss game so this tactic may be a bit on the crazy side by Terim; especially the selection of Metin who had a decent half-season at AEL looks controversial over Akman of Galatasaray.. :blink:

Metin had a good season man..... i think hell do well...he did score a some great goals, including a nice one vs Olympiakos....

Fatih made the right decision to put Arda on.....doesnt he usually play wide though?

Good to see no Emre. He was going to waste your time.

I still think Switzerland will get the best...they have to do it here.....

That midfield is PURE attack...it seems defensively Aurelio is going to have a hell of a job.

well.......shows how stupid Terim was in the first match. Arda - great player, you have to be absoltuley stupid not to play the guy and lead your offense - even if youre playing conservativley vs Portugal.

This match has showed the Terim' game plan and chooses of players was bullshit...But this night he was lucky...

The rain locked Turkey first half because Turkey is not a organised team and weak as physical but i have to say even Turkey seen better as football, normally match' right was ''1-1''

My list again the same;

1.Portugal

2.Czech Rep.

3.Turkey

4.Swiss

This match has showed the Terim' game plan and chooses of players was bullshit...But this night he was lucky...

The rain locked Turkey first half because Turkey is not a organised team and weak as physical but i have to say even Turkey seen better as football, normally match' right was ''1-1''

My list again the same;

1.Portugal

2.Czech Rep.

3.Turkey

4.Swiss

no no you will beat the czech -- you are a better team

Turkey is not playing team football and deffansively its messy otherwise i beleive Turkish footballers are more tecnique but havent you see at the 86. min when the game was 1-1 Swiss team attacked and only 2 players were on deffance and they do this mistakes very often...

Wish Turkey wins but i feel it will be draw,,, And Czech ll win.

turkey will progress into the last 8 they have an excellent attacking team and a great young goalkeeper in demirel 2 very good forwards sanli and nihat a superb winger in turan and a super fullback in altintop and a very strong mentality, a team who battle to the end, the czechs are a decent team but i believe turkey are stronger

turkey will progress into the last 8 they have an excellent attacking team and a great young goalkeeper in demirel 2 very good forwards sanli and nihat a superb winger in turan and a super fullback in altintop and a very strong mentality, a team who battle to the end, the czechs are a decent team but i believe turkey are stronger

well... i should keep blaming myself for not seeing the picture so positively then.. <_<

Demirel can make blunders and turn into a very erratic goalie with the blink of an eye (see Sevilla games in CL)...

Tuncay has been the disappointment of the tournament so far!!!

Nihat is yet to perform the half of his club form in the NT!!!

Arda was disappointing yesterday except for that last-gasp goal!!

Altintop's actual position is M RC or even AM but because our other option in that RB position is Sabri, we'll keep using him there!!

The Czechs might not have Rosicky and Nedved but they're still a team performing as a unit who is consistent 80 % of the time... And their centre-backs are much less prone to making costly errors..

I hope I'm not too negative but my hopes for the Czech game are very low..

Archived