Phantis Forums

Turkish National Team

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That 3rd Nihat goals was one of the best of Euro 2008. I still think Cech downfall was a bit of a gift, but that finish was world class...I would (insert very crude words here) all over the place if I scored a goal like that of that magnitude.

Maybe Kafetzis should join Senellinas on the Greek NT! :LOL:

Turkey definitley has the offensive talent, but defensively I have my doubts. Nihat, Turan, Senturk all great players I think.

also:

Emre was NOT missed out there, throw that man in the garbage.

In fact, I think theres a huge dump/landfill in Kadikoy area of East Istanbul if im not mistaken he may be on his way there after the tournament.

Terim's opening day mistakes are amplified by the last 2 matches.

Mevlut Erdinc and Kazim Kazim over Turan - even i didnt need to see wonder Turan in the next 2 games to tell him it was catastrophic mistake. Portugal is not that strong a team, mark my words - they played well to beat the Czechs, but even against Turkey, Turkey could have caught them if it werent for the usless combination of Erdinc, Emre, Tuncay and Kazim out there.....

But adament Turks can say, its better we finished 2nd, because Portugal got the worse draw :LOL:

Germany should beat Portugal, Germany have had their first warning, and they wont let it happen again so easy. German offense can take apart Portugals weak defense, particularly getting dominated by the Swiss (only few defensive faces missing for Portugal)

For idiot Volkan i didnt shocked what he made at the match. It ll be nice to see ''Rustu'' after many matches i hope he wont have form problem, he was absoulitly better goalkeeper then volkan as sportif also character...

Turkey will lose NOTHING when Rustu takes the field. He's one of my favourite keepers and it will be good to see him again.

For the losing team I'd like to say that Koller had one of his better games of recent times. It's good he leaves with a performance like that.

GOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Arda again!!! :nw:

Hadi be Hadi!!!! :o :o :o

guys who know me in advance in this forum know this is not my style of writing posts in the forum but the atmosphere of the game yesterday was so big 'n tense, I lost control at some stage :LOL: .. so, sorry for that garbage entries.. :unsure:

guys who can speak Turkish can read my post in our euro08blog here..

Yok Artik Jan Koller!

if you ask for an English version, you'll have to wait :) or use a web-based translator which will probably give silly results ;)

it was raining very hard. Nikopolidis had a moment of sheer stupidity, Cech just slipped.

Theres a big difference for goalkeepers.

No, it was a legitimate nikopolidya! :P

All he had to do was punch the ball and the attack is over. What was he thinking?

Btw, bravo to Nihat! I would have been so surprised/shocked to see the ball at my feet, I would have missed!

Gokhan Zan, Emre Gungor, Emre Belozoglu and our rock at the heart of the defence Servet Cetin will all miss the crucial QTF Game against Croatia tomorrow. Mehmet Aurelio and Volkan Demirel are both suspended... Terim's plans against Croatia will probably result in a starting 11 like this..

---------------------------------Ruştu----------------------------------

--Sabri-------------Emre Aşik-------Mehmet Topal----H. Balta-----

-------------------------Ayhan------Altintop---------------------------

------Tuncay-----------------Nihat---------------------Arda----------

---------------------------------Şenturk--------------------------------

doesn't look promising at all, does it? :( :blink:

Gokhan Zan, Emre Gungor, Emre Belozoglu and our rock at the heart of the defence Servet Cetin will all miss the crucial QTF Game against Croatia tomorrow. Mehmet Aurelio and Volkan Demirel are both suspended... Terim's plans against Croatia will probably result in a starting 11 like this..

---------------------------------Ruştu----------------------------------

--Sabri-------------Emre Aşik-------Mehmet Topal----H. Balta-----

-------------------------Ayhan------Altintop---------------------------

------Tuncay-----------------Nihat---------------------Arda----------

---------------------------------Şenturk--------------------------------

doesn't look promising at all, does it? :( :blink:

These are big losses for Turkey, but don't count them out just yet. Altintop may have a positive effect in the middle.

I think it will be an exciting game.

the starting line-ups...

CROATIA

-------------------------------Pletikosa---------------------------

--Corluka----------R. Kovac---------Simunic--------Pranjic---

--------------Srna-----------N. Kovac--------Rakitic------------

-------------------Kranjcar----------Modric----------------------

---------------------------------Olic-------------------------------

TURKEY

--------------------------------Ruştu------------------------------

----Sabri--------Gokhan------------E. Aşik----------Hakan-----

--Colin Kazim------Altintop-----M. Topal-----------Arda--------

------------------------Tuncay------Nihat-------------------------

50 mins to go... :unsure: :rolleyes: :whistle: :la: :box: :box: :huh: :rolleyes:

turkey is fighting but croatia is very good......

Im surpised so little people dont notice the contrast of turkey in this tournament....

All of a sudden, media, forum members going on and on and on about the "persistence and heart of Turkey........

But did any body notice Turkey vs Portugal ? after the 1-0 their heads dropped and gave up completley, it was SHOCKING the exact opposite of heart, beleif etc....and with 1 comeback vs Czech Rep all were hearing about is heart (the Swiss game wasnot such a "comeback", it was a late win)

you keep underestimating the Turkish team's effort and diligence in this tournament.. i don't really know why.. so far Turkey only had a very bad game against Portugal.. the other two games were turnarounds, one of them was in fact a supreme one..

and i'm pleased with the effort Turkish players put in so far with so many injuries, cards..etc.

and i'm also disappointed with the booking standards again.. seriously why was Tuncay booked? (and how on earth is Nico Kovac still not shown a yellow after committing two rash fouls?)

im not underestimating it

It WAS dreadful vs Portugal, and I mean I was absolutley shocked to see Turkey give up in the 60th minute - they really did.

They showed better in the last 2 games, but I mean its not consistent. That Portuguese game they had no beleif, no courage, and then every body goes and makes up this story and exageration about the team in general after a single comeback...

And no, I dont count the Swiss game as big comeback...i mean it was 1-0 at half time, its not like your stealing the entire game in the last minutes.

Im not taking anything away from the team, but the press has really gone up their ass with the "comeback kings" and heart/courage crap when they were dreadfully unmotivated and had no beleif (something pretty rare at tournaments) in that Portugal game....

DUSSEL DUSSEL TURKIYE

WOW.

This reminds me much more of Fenerbahce in the CL actually

Congrats.......

You will win the penalties now too

I had a feeling after the goal that with 2 mins left Turkeys wouldnt be out....

Its always happens after the commentators say Croatia is into the next round......

if you score in the 120, yes........with 2 mins to go? no.

SEN ELLINAS you mean

Rustu going to be a hero........I told you hed make his last chances for Turkey count

Turkey will win the shootout......wait.

Dont even be nervous GS1905 - youll win it, I can promise.

and as im typing........

oh Croatia missed.

You won.

Rustu going to be a hero........I told you hed make his last chances for Turkey count

not a single doubt, ths shootout was over before it started.

SEN ELLINAS you mean

and as im typing........

oh Croatia missed.

You won.

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna jinx anybody but this game shows we can turn ANYTHING around!! F***n Hell!!

I'm attributing this chant to drakos:

ŞENELLINAS ŞENELLINAS OLE OLE OLE!! :gr: :gr: (I'm celebrating with the Greek flag cause it's the closest thing to ours..)

Just when I was wondering if Rustu had been possessed by the spirit of...Nikopolidis, he saves the last penalty to win it for Turkey! :o

Congratulations! Nobody thought Turkey would make it to the finals after the 1-0 loss to Greece, nobody thought they would beat Switzerland late in that game, nobody thought they would beat Czechland in the 87th minute of that game, nobody thought they would get past Croatia in the 120' of that game!

What next? :huh:

SEN ELLINAS you mean

and as im typing........

oh Croatia missed.

You won.

WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna jinx anybody but this game shows we can turn ANYTHING around!! F***n Hell!!

I'm attributing this chant to drakos:

ŞENELLINAS ŞENELLINAS OLE OLE OLE!! :gr: :gr: (I'm celebrating with the Greek flag cause it's the closest thing to ours..)

well I guess Turkey really did learn a lesson after that portugal game that they are simply more capable than they think.

I mean after this game even, youre going to have to play as underdogs again...

Germany is a tough match, they are more complete than Croatia, who is full of good but overhyped players, and Germany can finish. Also Arda / Tuncay will be out. Losing Arda is huge, he does a lot of little things for Turkey that keep the defenses at bay and also keeps posession so Turkey isnt getting their defnse rushed at. Tuncay actually had a good game but now hes out too...

Auerlio will be back though...

With injuries, tired players, and Germany's good form Turkey isnt a favourite..

But thats why you play the games...

even if its only 1-0 germany ...... all it takes is one nice kick!

Great finish from Senturk...... Senturk is a great forward, I think he should leave Fenerbahce after this tournament, much too talented to play for those losers.

but this run defeinitly reminds me of Fener in the CL...

The only bad thing about this win, is You-Turks are going to be flooding Youtube with more stupid videos and more anti-greek slanderous videos...great.

"the locust can jump out of trouble once, at most twice. At the third time, it breaks his leg." says one Turkish proverb...

I think the locust has someone up there on its side.. ;)

anyway, tonight is the time for celebrations but tomorrow we'll start thinking about Germany game..

I'll be so so so so pissed if Germany who played ABSOLUTELY NOTHING till here except the Poland game -which looks to be the poorest team of the competition- go in to the final and it will be upto us to stop them...

The one I feel sorry for now is Slaven Bilic who has by far been the most impressive and most likable coach of this tournament..

Unavailable players against Germany

Volkan Demirel (Suspended)

Tuncay Şanli (Suspended)

Arda Turan (Suspended)

Emre Aşik (Suspended)

Emre Gungor (Injured - Out for sure)

Servet Cetin (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

Emre Belozoglu (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

Nihat (Injured - Doubtful/???)

Tumer Metin (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

I'll be so so so so pissed if Germany who played ABSOLUTELY NOTHING till here except the Poland game -which looks to be the poorest team of the competition- go in to the final and it will be upto us to stop them...

The one I feel sorry for now is Slaven Bilic who has by far been the most impressive and most likable coach of this tournament..

Unavailable players against Germany

Volkan Demirel (Suspended)

Tuncay Şanli (Suspended)

Arda Turan (Suspended)

Emre Aşik (Suspended)

Emre Gungor (Injured - Out for sure)

Servet Cetin (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

Emre Belozoglu (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

Nihat (Injured - Doubtful/???)

Tumer Metin (Injured - Doubtful/Probably won't make it)

thats not true at all man, Germany are a great side and have been good.

They lost to Croatia - who cares......seriously. Germany would smash them if they got the rematch.

They were great in the Portugal game, clinical, theyre great passers, find space, and they finish (except for Gomez, who is hopless)....

the slack in the defense can happen, Portugals first goal was sheer luck for it not to be cleared off the line, and the seconds goal was a quick snap and the Portugues pressure was just paying off with a great cross...

but Germany is great team, they played very well so far - i dont call them nothing...

As for Austria game, it was only ever Germany in it, and they did what was needed...I mean some of these chances you cant count on Mario Gomez being that awful to miss goals handed on a plate to him, and also Austria gave every single one of their opponents one hell of a difficult time and even though Turkey is great spirited, my pick for "best heart' and courage is undoubtebly Austria for me, who just played great and played to the maximum of their ability and they were so eager to prove themselves, dominating Croatia and Poland nailing them to the ground even just lacked the quality to finish chances. They from the first whistle did so well for themelves, and gave the best effort and spirit I have seen from a team in quite a while including club teams....

Turkey will have to throw everything for this game. I think it stops here, but what a great run the team has had even if they lose. Germany is a great, quality and balanced side. Low finally realized Gomez doesnt belong, and Podolski-Klose-Schweinsteiger is a great combination.

Turkey's injuries and suspensions are hugeeeeeeee....

Thats tough, but IMO its time for Terim to throw out his reserves and and give them his confidence. Tough to do, but thats how miracles have to happen then so be it.

I thought Metin would be at least present.....

I think Turkey's best bet would be to start Senturk from the begining hes a top finisher quite a talent...i wish PAO would go for him actually, but Im sure his price skyrockets.....

Turkey cant sit back and wait for the Germans to score - German defense does not allow for that kind of slack the Croatians give, and especially after seeing Turkey 3 times turn around a game... They will play even more aggressive and harder with a lead, and try to block you out with counteratacks...

it will be interesting, but this tournament is destined for a Germany - Holland final

Archived