Phantis Forums

Turkish National Team

how was Arda dispapointing :unsure:

he was your best player....hit the post, making passes, beautiful cross to Sentruk, and the last run + goal of the match........hes was great man, and obviously Turkey's best.

Tuncay was better this time around, but hes been awful. I remember when he was with Fener he was such an exciting player, beautiful goals and such. Now hes garbage. Funny how star players seem to fade quick for Turkey in form, or even drop off the teams....

Whatever happened to Nuri Sahin (Europes big Turkish Phenomenon? ), Necati Ates, Fatih Tekke, Ibrahim Toraman, Nobre, Yattara, etc....?

I feel Turk opinion is very hard on Volkan. For the most part, I dont see their case. Hes a good goalkeeper, he had some great saves, but he had a "moment" the other game.

Hes not as prone to big F*** ups like Nikopolidis though, be greatful for that!

I do think the Czechs are the better team though, and should win. But Turkey definitely has a chance.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after seeing Croatia - Germany first half, I have to say this...

Croatia are by far the best team of the competition so far... What a fluid smooth attacking football... :nw: :nw: :nw:

and their best player has been missing for ages... Eduardo...

and drako, I was too harsh on Arda.. I watched the hilights of the game and definitely he's the MoM...

no way man.......theyre not the best, and attackign? man theyre sittting back and catching Germany on the break.....

2-1........

yeah Arda was man of the match for sure. He was badly needed vs Portugal too, because something could have actually come of Turkeys attacks could have been far more dangerous. If he has a big game vs Czech, then I think GS arent going to get to keep him this season.. :unsure:

how was Arda dispapointing  :unsure:

he was your best player....hit the post, making passes, beautiful cross to Sentruk, and the last run + goal of the match........hes was great man, and obviously Turkey's best.

i'm not trying to be a smart-ass here, because i also certainly make mistakes after watching matches, getting numbers and names confused -

but, arda didn't make that cross to senturk, it was nihat.

the only reason i bring this up is to mention the eclectic abilites of the turkish forwards. what a weapon when all forwards can run with the ball and deliver telling crosses (at times). in this case, we saw a center forward in nihat deliver that cross to senturk.

can we see a gekas, charisteas, salpiggidis and lymbe do this? i've seen amanatidis (still not the greatest of crossers) and samaras is also capable - as shown with celtic.

as far as the rest of your post - spot on.

well i thought i heard the commentators say it was Arda....

I hate when nice goals are scored, and ESPN shiite commetnators talk n the analysis about the cross and not mention who it was from. It really gets on my nerves.

as for Samaras, hes so horrible the last games i seen him, id much rather make SenTurk into SenEllinas and give him a passport instead :LOL:

the two that did the Greece - Sweden are the best ones.....

Smythe is an idiot, and very tasteless. Today after Panucci scored he was going off about he he wouldnt be alive if he had caught some flight - that is really tasteless, you can mention that as a "lucky" fact during the play, but to go on talking about that in the excitement of a goal like he would have never scored had he caught that flight that gone down - thats just tasteles crap.

as for Samaras, hes so horrible the last games i seen him, id much rather make SenTurk into SenEllinas and give him a passport instead :LOL:

well mate, believe it or not Fenerbahce is preparing to make a bid for Samaras.. to replace (on the field, not transferwise) ..SenEllinas :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Emre

now Samaras - wow i hope this comes true.....Fenerbahce will be right back to its European misery days ....... As for Samaras, he was a big talent, but he doesnt play like it anymore. I think he made a mistake leaving Holland. He should have held out for Ajax or something. Now he has become another Charisteas - hes peaked way too early, and now clubs are buying him off past reputation and he cant seem find a club to settle with.

Start celebrating your title GS fans :LOL:

Fenerbahce seriously considering selling Semih and getting Samaras.....well.....i dont know how stupid they are, that cant be real GS1905. It really cant. What other losers from Euro 2008 do they want? How about Martin Harnik of Austria :LOL:

Speaking of Austria and Turks - GS1905 whats do you think on Umit Korkmaz ?

I thought he was pretty talented winger, and could have even made the Turkish NT. If he had a decent striking force with him he would be hailed as a superstar for Austria. I know hes moving to Eintracht Frankfurt after the tournament...

Turkey 11 against Czech Rep...

---------------------------Volkan--------------------------

--Altintop------Emre Gungor----Servet----Balta--------

--Tuncay-------Aurelio-------Mehmet Topal----Arda---

--------------Senturk---------------Nihat-----------------

let's see what happens.. fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes: :) :unsure: <_<

end of first half..

Turkey-Czech Rep: 0-1

our line-up has been disappointing by all means..

our defensive duo looked out-of-sorts against an ageing Koller..

our anchors played too close to our defence and we looked for the loft-the-ball-forward tactic as if we had a 2,02-cm centre forward..

our creative wingers have created nothing so far..

the strikers didn't see much of the ball and when they did, they tangled with each other..

i'd go for Ayhan in the second half instead of the cautioned Topal.. at least we can have someone carry the ball forward rather than bypassing the middle third by aimless long passes..

not promising at all so far.. :(

and to add the woes, the game is being refereed by the Swede referee who I don't rate at all (has always slightly favoured the opponent whenever he refereed a Turkish team's [NT or club] match, don't know why)..

he's shown two very cheap YCs to our midfielders already.. :( :angry:

and to add the woes, the game is being refereed by the Swede referee who I don't rate at all (has always slightly favoured the opponent whenever he refereed a Turkish team's [NT or club] match, don't know why)..

he's shown two very cheap YCs to our midfielders already.. :( :angry:

59' - Turkish defender Gungor got injured and was carried out by the medics. The game stops after the ball goes out from a shot by Koller. The referee doesn't allow Turkey to bring the sub on and Czechs score against ten-men Turkey!! Riduculous!!!

and now the commentator's saying "The referee allows the linesman to change his flag but didn't allow us to change the player!!!"

this f**n Swede has really put me off!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

well... i should keep blaming myself for not seeing the picture so positively then.. <_<

Demirel can make blunders and turn into a very erratic goalie with the blink of an eye (see Sevilla games in CL)...

Tuncay has been the disappointment of the tournament so far!!!

Nihat is yet to perform the half of his club form in the NT!!!

Arda was disappointing yesterday except for that last-gasp goal!!

Altintop's actual position is M RC or even AM but because our other option in that RB position is Sabri, we'll keep using him there!!

The Czechs might not have Rosicky and Nedved but they're still a team performing as a unit who is consistent 80 % of the time... And their centre-backs are much less prone to making costly errors..

I hope I'm not too negative but my hopes for the Czech game are very low..

i said spain and turkey from the start and have seen nothing to change my mind. you have no faith, you can never ever write turkey off. top top team , class

it was raining very hard. Nikopolidis had a moment of sheer stupidity, Cech just slipped.

Theres a big difference for goalkeepers.

man, where've you been?! i thought you'de blowing winds of enthusiasm after the game ;) ;) ;)

i mean its exciting, well done Turkey. I was hoping for the Czechs this time around, I dont mind seeing Turkey through either. I was hoping it would just not be Portugal!

also it would mean i dont have to listen to idiots making the Greece Turkey comparison (why cant we do that and come back) .....which is just ignorant.

I mean one of the best comebacks in this tournaments history for sure. Biggest in Turk history, but the Czechs were so good and dominant for so much of the game it really came as a shock how they broke down.

Turkey can beat Croatia, but its going to be tough to get past that....Turkey already achieved so much, but half the team is running on a yellow card warning, and Turkey amounts yellows very easily........Aurelio and Volkan (idiot) wont be there..

Well at least Rustu has a very special game to retire his great service on..... (if Turkey loses)

I am excited for Arda Turan......I think GS wont be able to hold him. You know he could be great for Bayern :whistle: ......... :tup:

Also he is on my UEFA fantasy team, and got me big points along with Sionko. :tup:

Arda has showed how to be leader and change the destiniy of the game even if he is very young...And as character he is good, i beleive he wont dissapoint Galatasaray funs like ''Emre Belezoglu''. The UEFA chose the ''Nihat'' as the man of the match it think Arda was the man of the match...

For idiot Volkan i didnt shocked what he made at the match. It ll be nice to see ''Rustu'' after many matches i hope he wont have form problem, he was absoulitly better goalkeeper then volkan as sportif also character...Aurellio wont be aganist to the Croita i think this is the biggest handicap...

On the Turkish television a commander learned that one of the Swiss agent who was following Turkey to report told that ''he watchs Turkey for 6 months but he couldnt understand what kind of game plan Turkey has'' Even as a Tukish i didnt understand for years... But this is sure if they have to win they win %90 of course considering power balance... Luck with Turkey too,,,

Archived