Phantis Forums

Turkish National Team

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1, end of first half..

Turkey clearly being the better side twice hitting the post and forcing Lehmann into action more than a few times..

While the Germans are still Germans, playing nothing but clinging onto the game thanks to an Altintop-Sabri-Topal set of mistakes!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

After seeing this football being played and seeing Germans qualify with sheer luck and set pieces ever since the group stage, I want our team to win this game!!! :ph34r: :angry:

I don't want to see f***n "Kill the game, Find a set piece, Score and try to defend" thing dominate this great Championship again --no disrespect to Greece'04 who did much more than that, don't get me wrong--!!! :angry:

im sorry the supsensions really are a blessing......Turkey looks so much better, and the lack of players has forced Terim to do what he should have been doing all along - center the midfield around ALTINTOP.

Germany are not trying to kill the game GS....they are just struggling today in midfield to construct a fluid offense and to maintain possesion....come on man i understand you anger i been there 4 years ago.....i did not want portugal to win because it would have been BS, Greece had to work so hard and overcome all odds just to be in that tournament, it would have been a great shame for Portugal who got a free pass to win...

And GS1905 PLEASE

DO NOT FIRE YOUR GUN IN THE AIR FOR CELEBRATIONS!

:LOL:

im sorry the supsensions really are a blessing......Turkey looks so much better, and the lack of players has forced Terim to do what he should have been doing all along - center the midfield around ALTINTOP.

whose two mistakes resulted in a goal & in a golden opportunity where Podolski blazed it over!!!

he's been the disappointment of the team so far but hey look at this!!

FIRST HALF STATS

TOTAL SHOTS

Germany 3

Turkey 15

:blink:

whose two mistakes resulted in a goal & in a golden opportunity where Podolski blazed it over!!!

he's been the disappointment of the team so far but hey look at this!!

FIRST HALF STATS

TOTAL SHOTS

Germany 3

Turkey 15

:blink:

maybe, but his work offensively has kept you guys together...he holds the midfield together, and is the reason your getting as much posession (which is really important in this game) as you have!

what a disgraceful call from one of FIFA's worst referee's Massimo Busacca, aka Busacca the m#$%!...

He really is a terrible referee, there no way you could mistake that tackle for absollutley anything else, unless it was "outside the area" which it wasnt but i could at least see margin of error for that, but it was an incredibly bad call. The worst of the tounrament, no doubt..

Busacca get lost!

I don't want to see f***n "Kill the game, Find a set piece, Score and try to defend" thing dominate this great Championship again --no disrespect to Greece'04 who did much more than that, don't get me wrong--!!! :angry:

F***n German Luck!!! That's all what I say!!

There's no other team in the world that has score A SINGLE GOAL FROM A KEEPERS' FAULT EVERY GAME !!!

Disgrace!! F***in' Disgrace!! :blink: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

PS: You don't think I'll fire any guns when we win.. I'm not that least civilised!! B)

wow......what a match

Its a real pity we could not watch it ! :angry:

Congrats to Turkey, who deserve credit for a great showing this tournament.

Aferim Turkiye!

It was unfortunate, but of what i saw, germany took control 2nd half and went forward. Germany also fought really hard and showed strength too.

I listened to the match (trying to understand the little I do) on Radyo Spor....

at the end the commentator was so sad I felt sorry for him....he was screaming bir gol allah lutfen, and then started crying on air.....poor guy, poor turkey, but you came so far and did great. theres still cause for celebration though, you did well, germany were much better in the second half. gecmis olsun guys...

F***n German Luck!!! That's all what I say!!

There's no other team in the world that has score A SINGLE GOAL FROM A KEEPERS' FAULT EVERY GAME !!!

Disgrace!! F***in' Disgrace!!  :blink:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:

PS: You don't think I'll fire any guns when we win.. I'm not that least civilised!!  B)

come on man.....

you cant be serious....i dont want to provoke you because your probably very sad, but Turkey benefited from Lehmans blooper frist half, Czech, and even vs Switzerland. If anybody is benefitting from goalkeeper misfortunes, you cant say its Germany not Turkey man... You cant say they are all luck... They are a good team, I dont think they will beat Russia if they face them, but they are worthy of the final.

Big losers today are the hosts, for not having prepared any sort of BACKUP for such a broadcasting emergency. I know bad things happen, and thats EXACTLY WHY YOU BACK IT UP. If this was 1980 i could understand. The massive amounts of money and technology we have today put in this tournament, its not an excuse....its 2008.

Also ESPN in USA showed "analysis and highlights" instead of playing a feed of commentary from the game.......Pathetic.

well, as you said man probably because of excitement!! :P

let's sum things up..

- Played generally bad in the qualifiers.. Advanced thanks to big mistakes from Norwegian & Greek goalkeepers ("Balık" Myhre & Chicopolidis :LOL: )

- Started bad against Portugal.. Picked it up against Switzerland.. Horrible first half against Czechs but a huge comeback in the second half with Cech having a little hand in it!

- Combative outing against Croatia.. miraculous & spritiual performance in the end..

- Great play against Germans.. Lost out with individual errors (Ruştu & Sabri in particular)..

Standout players...

Semih Şenellinas :LOL: 3 goals.. all of them vital.. has a knack for goals..

Nihat : badly missed today though scored 2 criticals against Czechs..

Arda Turan : badly missed for his creativity but had a super tournament

Servet Cetin : great outings at the group stages defensively

Mehmet Topal : had a badden in D C vs Germany but overall he's been good & hey.. he's 21.. :tup:

Congradulations on a super overall performance ...

mistakes happen ... and to tell you the truth ... A mistake by Rustu making the actual difference between a 100% fit Germany and an Injury striken Turkey maybe is the one thing making everybody say ... "what if" ....

Of course you may also have all the Turkish players in and still lose... thats the game and you also need luck...

However, this is also another thing you sh

Germans---------------------------------------Turks

9-------------------SHOOT-----------------------20

3------------SHOOT ON TARGET----------------11

2------------SHOOT ON TARGET %--------------8

0------------------OFFSIDE------------------------2

46------------ GOAL POSITION------------------54

Now i can proud of Turkish national team...

Turkey wasnt a routine team at this tournument, they showed to everbody ''you dont have to finish struggle till last second, then miracles appear'' it was 90+3 and Turkey was on free kick again, again at 86' min Turkey scored this is not luck, it cant be 4. times...

Terim supported attack football, Turkey was brave heart of the Tournument never made deffanse even after 86. min after they scored...

3------------SHOOT ON TARGET----------------11

that's a typical disgusting German/Italian way of winning!!! :angry: I'm so sorry for the boyz!! <_<

and I miss the Germany of Juergen Klinsmann who played fluid attacking football in the World Cup!! :(

Germany has only 3 shoots on target but they scored 3 goals...This needs to be very proffesionel...And please dont miss that if Germany couldnt play, the biggest reason Turkey didnt let to Germany to make game blocked Germany at forward and middle, Terim showed perfect management that he knows very well Turkey doesnt have deffansive skill so he encouraged attacked football he rested to Germany...

Germany was the same Germany, they seen clumby they senn that they dont play anything but if you would look well you would see how the Germany were arranged deffansely and played cool and waited Turkey to make mistake like a fox...And they hit Turkey with Turkey' gun ''they scored at 90.min''

So how we cant say it was totaly luck for Turkey for its comebacks this is not luck for Germany too...But absolutely Turkey was better and deserved to win...

I keep saying this. Germany is the best and most complete team of the competion! I really got shock with the comments for Turkey game! :o

Turkey played better?! How?! When are you going to understand that having more shoots at goal doesn't mean you played better! Turkey had 11 shoots on the target but half of them were straight at Lehman and from long range or out wide. Germany threataned whenever they came at us and that is how you play the football! :whistle:

Everyone now probably says Spain will win in final but I think we are goign to see a route in the final by Germany! Spain should never ever be in the final with their disaster match vs Italy! :ph34r:

GS1905, you say Germans lucky! How about Spain having ball and doing nothing with it for 120 minutes against a poor Italy that didn't even have any true centre halves?! ;)

Sorry for my English but I think like this.

GS1905, you say Germans lucky! How about Spain having ball and doing nothing with it for 120 minutes against a poor Italy that didn't even have any true centre halves?! ;)

Sorry for my English but I think like this.

:tup:

Finally!

Turkey played well, I dont want to take away from a great performance, but Germany was the better team 2nd half, and even if Rustu didnt make his blunder, I think its not ridiuclous to say Germany would still find the 2-1.....They have very diverse attacking options, attack, counter, set peice, free gifts :P ........ and every player is contributing to their offense.......DM, CB, LB, ST, AM etc.....

The only criticsm they got was vs Croatia, and losing 2-1 to Croatia is not that bad, and Germany just had a bad start and werent fortunate to tie - people overacted I felt.

And vs Austria yes they only won 1-0. Considering all other teams pounded Austria (as in Croatia got dominated by them, Poland deserved to lose 3-0 to them) and never underestimate a determined brave team like Austria - never great team, but they worked so hard, and accomplished a lot this tournament to show the world they were not an easy team, and Germany still had all the big chances, and had they not wasted time on Gomez who is missing from 1 meter open goal, that game would have been a 2 or 3 nil win, even with Austria running the hardest theyd ever run.

:tup:

Finally!

Turkey played well, I dont want to take away from a great performance, but Germany was the better team 2nd half, and even if Rustu didnt make his blunder, I think its not ridiuclous to say Germany would still find the 2-1.....They have very diverse attacking options, attack, counter, set peice, free gifts :P

diverse options on attack?! by germans?! :o :o

except the opening Poland game, Germany always scored either from a set piece (GK blunders) or from overlaps into the box by the opposite wingers (see S'Steiger goal vs Portugal or Podolski goal vs Turkey)...

if this is diversity, then i don't wanna say a word! <_<

and it would not be ridiculous perhaps but highly unlikely that Germans would score a goal in the 2nd half if it wasn't for Ruştu.. I gotta say one thing though; they picked themselves up superbly after Şenturk's goal..

it's not many times we've agreed --because of opinions, nothing else ;) -- but I do agree with dude here.. wtf are you talking about man?! Turkey dominated the game and were penalised for poor finishing & lethal mistakes at the back.. a turkish team having Servet at the back, Nihat up front and Arda down the left would have been a gangrapin'... (we'll see another one on June 29 anyway :D if that idiot Aragones goes out with 4-5-1 after Villa's injury.. if he puts in the chump Guiza and plays 4-4-2 we can have an even game...)

Archived