Phantis Forums

Pao-Portsmouth

pao123

halftime..0-0 with two posts and ALOT of chances for pao...we are playing well..l.ets see what changes shoum makes because i have a feeling he wiull put in a strange line-up and we wont do so well...

2nd Half

Halkias, Goumas, Henriksen, Morris, Konstantinidis, Basinas, Andric, Gonzalez, Epalle, Skacel, Bikofski

we just hit another post off of a save from hislop...

bikoski won us a penalty....basinas missed the penalty...0-0

how many penalties has basinas missed...i remeber one against arsenal, one against valencia and one against slavia....now this one...

andric, basinas-out----kotsios, rague -in

i dont know if we were watching the same game.....Portsmouth had some good chances too... its a fair result and yeah we could have won 1-0 but its not important.

PAO played alright but they didnt look that strong- there was little creativity in midfield- Eki was ok, Skatsel was decent but i dont think theyre enough.

i finally saw a PAO game (at last supersport left it to public tv) and heres what i think...

Galinovic is a good goalkeeper- fast, really tall, but i think his positioning could be better. Xalkias played great and we need Xalkias to start more because he is more agressive and our defense on the wings is a bit weak....we are fine here.....

Gkoumas is our best dender-period. he was great today.

Kirgiakos did well, he was a bit wreckless but hell get in form for the season.

Morris is still good

Henriksen is ok- shouldnt be a starter though...

Kotsios is a good defender- works hard and keeps cool- my 1st choice sub for defender.......

Minx is still good, i think he needs some competition for a place though to keep his performances up....

Alain Raguel- credit to the guy he tries hard- but hes not at the level PAO is, hes a bit shaky and doesnt have enough skill to perform for us.

Epalle- guy looks much better- he works hard- and has improved a lot. he can actually make decent passes, he could have some use this year, hes not the same player he was last year (good thing)

Sanmartean- nice freekick but thats all he really did, he was ok getting better than last year. but i think this kid needs to drink some milk or something or just stop being a pussy and get up. he almost got injured again today...

Basinas- the best player on PAO- without him this year we would be F***ed. he is the most skilled and experienced and a leader. who cares about the penalty- its a friendly game and he made a run up a bit differently- this guy takes a lot of penalties and even the greats miss a couple every now and then. He is still a fantastic penalty taker.

Gonzalez- was a bit out of shape, is a hard working player but needs some more training i thought- he should be good this year.

Mitu- he was alright. wouldnt say hes better than Lakis. i dont think he will do much.

Konstantinidis- i think he played well today after his first 10 minutes.....he can pass ok, gets back on defense, solid player but the problem is he thinks he can dribble a lot better than he can.

Andric- was nothing at all...did nothing really - decent in defense, lousy on offense....

Debbah- this guy is so terrible. he should not wear PAOs jersey - he has very little skill, and we arent going anywhere with this player. he can win headers but has no attacking skill or vision. this guy is utter s%$#!.

Bikovski- i like this guy. hes a suitable backup striker who i think might surprise us. he worked really hard and had some skill on the ball and i have no problems with his signing. besides, another polish striker is always welcome. B)

Skatsel- is ok. Hes not what PAO needs, but could be a useful player- hes not vey good at attacking but defending he was good- he should start alongside Angelos for defensive midfeilder.

this friendly was a good test, and the team is getting there for preparations.... :tup:

as for our signings- i dont think we have enough depth still.

Raguel- was maybe suitable as a backup. not much more, if we have an emergency maybe hell put on his best performance in an effort to get seen by the coach. he is not acceptable for the CL though. I am content with this signing.

Mitu- isnt a horrible player like i thought he would be, but hes not the that talented a player either. this is a crucual position he plays for PAO and it was really stupid not to spend any money on it. He could play as a backup/sub occasionally but we need strength on this side and it was disgusting PAO board didnt want to spend any money. He doesnt make our lineup that much better. I think this was a crap signing- we should and could have afforded a much better player especially in his role.

Andric- similar to Mitu. not worth very much, isnt that bad but not that great. He doesnt make PAO better especially in the big role hes supposed to fill. We should have spent some money- this guy is really mediocre and was a poor signing- no ambition in it at all.

Bikovski- with Vlaovic and Vazexa departure- this was a good signing to add some depth to the team as a backup. also is somewhat young, i am glad we made this signing.

Galinovic- a very good goalkeeper- not as good as Xalkias - but i think we could see some rotation between these two- if one is out of form or better in training they could replace the other- this was a really good signing though i feel bad for kotsoli who deserves a chance.

Skatsel- a solid player- hard working defensive, some what fast....its a good siging and good hes only on loan- we need to see how he does first. i think this is a useful player.

overall the signigns could have been a lot better but its too late now. hopefully shoum can make the most of them all.

i think that our depth is fine...i mean , iagree with alot of what you have said, but we also werent at our fully starting 11 and our players played very well...even when we put in our subs we still created alot of chances....when i say play very well im taking into account that we have been travelling and training like crazy...we travel to portgual now as well and we have been going back and forth everywhere so the players are all over the place..the offensive decline was partially also because we didnt haqve our three main striker..sanmartean and eki will provide good feeding to our strikers...sanmartean has actually looked alot more fit and eki looked tired today because he has been traveling back and forth because of his kid and to meet up with the team...i think andric and mitou are good signings because they are not stars but they do their jobs well..andric isnt an offensive player, he plays a very defensive holding midfield position, we didnt sign him for his offesive skills...so does skacel...skacel isnt offensive...i knew that when we signed him.....he can push forward alittle, but he is more useful holding the midfield and making quick counters down the flank...we have alot of players that can fill in alot of roles...thats what depth is and i believe that is a strong point of ours...i think we will have a very good squad next year and i believe we will do well in europe..the players we have are very very qualified and if shoum plays the cards rigt we should do very well...our offense will be set...in striker we have michali , pap and manoli and as you said bikofski (who will be a good backup) our midfield is very well distributed because we have players that can defend solidly (basinas, andric skacel) and players that can attack (sanmartean , eki, epalle, sapanis) and our defense will once again be the best in greece...i think we will be very ready for the season and the CL, i am very optisimstic because i have faith in the player we have...i completely agree with you about basinas...he is the center of our team and is a true leader and a great player...him staying is very very very good for us...i also completely agrree with you on demba..he is a gaithouri that shouldnt even be playing football...i think, overall, taking everything into account, this was a very good friendly...

we also have to take into account that the english premieship starts in a week or so and the greek league starts in like a month...

even when we put in our subs we still created alot of chances....

? we had about 1 chance with bikovski from konstantinidis cross and the penalty.... there was 1 awful half chance from raguel and maybe another really unthreatening one, we did have control over midfield though i thought, but not that many chances.... the only real chances were off of set peices and the penalty when bikovski had space to shoot....we werent bad but creativity and chances just werent enough to make a win.

andric is terrible- we can do way better than this guy. he didnt play defense that great, and couldnt pass. the goal is not to get non sucky players but to get good players that will impact the game. andric has none of this. PAO could have done so much better. and Mitu while isnt awful- hes not the player PAO can excel with. Just isnt. I am really not convinced we can win CL matches and just as important the away league 'derbies' vs lower teams we have every year. These players just arent enough- and when theyre injured??? where is the depth? our midfielders are mitu-sapanis-konstandinidis sapanis and konstantinidis play different roles as well. And by depth i mean adequate replacements for these guys... Mitu would be ideal as a replacement but not as a starter -and our backups are Zuta, Maric etc thats depth in numbers but not in talent...Skatsel is going to be playing in the center so it seems- he doesnt seem a wing player at all.

- PAO were better i thought

but theres so much more we could be with a little $$$ and i dont want to see another red title because our managmenent jewed out on us (no pun intended :D )-

i think these new signings just arent enough to mount a serious CL campaign and defend a double. especially comparing to signings the reds have made and AEK have even made smart signings i feel for there team too- theyre not going to be easy this year though people seem to think different...

Coz I could be assed writing a longer post, I'll just give you a copy-paste from another forum about my excusion today at Pompey. :)

Jackal13 wrote:

Gia to xameno penaltu ftaiei o gkantemis Evergreen!

Mia fotografia piso apo to terma pige na parei, ekane sto mpasina noima pou na tin steilei gia na vgalei tin poza kai o mpasinas tin esteile stou diaolou ti mana..

Pigame simera ego, o Dante13 kai o Evergreen mexri to Portmouth. Eimastan peripou 100 ellines kai ellinides. Sti kerkida ton filoksenoumenon den uparxei upostego, kai psithikame (nai einai gegonos) ston ilio. Alla ekei emeis sti porosi.

me ligi tuxi tha vlepame kai kana gkolaki,alla toulaxiston itan veltiomenos o Panathinaikos simera kai epaixe sta isa mia omada tis Premiership pou einai etoimi. Omos Theloume arketi douleia akoma..Auto pou me anusixei einai i thesi tou dexiou mpak , pou elpizo na to lusei o Vuntra i o Morris, giati o Raguel einai ligos.

O demba ena aggouri sketo, o Mpitosfski filotimos.. o Eki arketa kalos, opos kai anevasmenos o Skatsel.

Telos polu statheroi kai oi termatofulakes simera.

Meta to telos tou agona xeirokrotisane pros to meros mas o Eki, o Xalkias kai merikoi apo tous kainourious ksenous. Oloi oi alloi trexane mesa sta apoduturia min "kaoune" apo ton ilio..

Re Jackal ti ftaiw egw re? Egw ton Basina ton ekana nohma na thn riksei psila sto gama apo thn pleura pou stekomouna, autos katalave oti h8ela na gremisei ton glaro pou petouse panw mas kai 8a mas koutsoulize! H mhpws ton stravwse telika to flash apo th kamera mou?

Opws ta eie kai o Jackel, Eki polu kalos, o Galis pali wraios kai oi Kypriopoules na stenaxwriountai pou den evale ton Mixalakh.

Kaname 5-6 mia apegnwsmenh prospa8eia na fwnaksoune ka'na syn8uma. Euxh8hkame ton Kyriako pou giortaze tou Swthrws xtes "Sotirh, gera kai xronia sou polla" opou gyrise ma eide kai epiase thn kardia tou, fwnakse 3-4 fores to "pao-ole-o, pao-ole-o,valte'na goal na ta gamhsoume sou lew", ston Raguel fwnaksa "Pame re Alen kai autos gyrise kai mas koitage psarwmenos", eriksa ena "Vamos Eki" opou gyrise kai mas edeikse to classiko tou "thumbs up". Vasika, epeid h atmosfaira htane polu xalarh xwris ton polu kosmo oti fanazame akougwtone. Sthn pro8ermansh opoiou fwnaksame to onona gyrise kai mas xairetise.

Sto telos pantws an kai olh mas xairetisan ek'apostasews otan teliwse to match mono o Kwstakhs o Xalkias hr8e apo thn apenanti pleura tou ghpedou na mas xairetisei. Auto na mhn to ksexnate.

Telika kala perasame shmera mono pou kostise to parking

? we had about 1 chance with bikovski from konstantinidis cross and the penalty.... there was 1 awful half chance from raguel and maybe another really unthreatening one, we did have control over midfield though i thought, but not that many chances.... the only real chances were off of set peices and the penalty when bikovski had space to shoot....we werent bad but creativity and chances just werent enough to make a win.

no guys.. i definitly want to see us soending more money on better players..im not denying that at all...i def agree with you on that..byut i have accepted the fact that we are not gunna do that on most transfer periods.. i do think we can have better players, but i also think alot of the players signed can help us...i also believe alot of signings are very useless...

Coz I could be assed writing a longer post, I'll just give you a copy-paste from another forum about my excusion today at Pompey. :)

Jackal13 wrote:

Gia to xameno penaltu ftaiei o gkantemis Evergreen!

Mia fotografia piso apo to terma pige na parei, ekane sto mpasina noima pou na tin steilei gia na vgalei tin poza kai o mpasinas tin esteile stou diaolou ti mana..

Pigame simera ego, o Dante13 kai o Evergreen mexri to Portmouth. Eimastan peripou 100 ellines kai ellinides. Sti kerkida ton filoksenoumenon den uparxei upostego, kai psithikame (nai einai gegonos) ston ilio. Alla ekei emeis sti porosi.

me ligi tuxi tha vlepame kai kana gkolaki,alla toulaxiston itan veltiomenos o Panathinaikos simera kai epaixe sta isa mia omada tis Premiership pou einai etoimi. Omos Theloume arketi douleia akoma..Auto pou me anusixei einai i thesi tou dexiou mpak , pou elpizo na to lusei o Vuntra i o Morris, giati o Raguel einai ligos.

O demba ena aggouri sketo, o Mpitosfski filotimos.. o Eki arketa kalos, opos kai anevasmenos o Skatsel.

Telos polu statheroi kai oi termatofulakes simera.

Meta to telos tou agona xeirokrotisane pros to meros mas o Eki, o Xalkias kai merikoi apo tous kainourious ksenous. Oloi oi alloi trexane mesa sta apoduturia min "kaoune" apo ton ilio..

Re Jackal ti ftaiw egw re? Egw ton Basina ton ekana nohma na thn riksei psila sto gama apo thn pleura pou stekomouna, autos katalave oti h8ela na gremisei ton glaro pou petouse panw mas kai 8a mas koutsoulize! H mhpws ton stravwse telika to flash apo th kamera mou?

Opws ta eie kai o Jackel, Eki polu kalos, o Galis pali wraios kai oi Kypriopoules na stenaxwriountai pou den evale ton Mixalakh.

Kaname 5-6 mia apegnwsmenh prospa8eia na fwnaksoune ka'na syn8uma. Euxh8hkame ton Kyriako pou giortaze tou Swthrws xtes "Sotirh, gera kai xronia sou polla" opou gyrise ma eide kai epiase thn kardia tou, fwnakse 3-4 fores to "pao-ole-o, pao-ole-o,valte'na goal na ta gamhsoume sou lew", ston Raguel fwnaksa "Pame re Alen kai autos gyrise kai mas koitage psarwmenos", eriksa ena "Vamos Eki" opou gyrise kai mas edeikse to classiko tou "thumbs up". Vasika, epeid h atmosfaira htane polu xalarh xwris ton polu kosmo oti fanazame akougwtone. Sthn pro8ermansh opoiou fwnaksame to onona gyrise kai mas xairetise.

Sto telos pantws an kai olh mas xairetisan ek'apostasews otan teliwse to match mono o Kwstakhs o Xalkias hr8e apo thn apenanti pleura tou ghpedou na mas xairetisei. Auto na mhn to ksexnate.

Telika kala perasame shmera mono pou kostise to parking

Hey guys, I am still in Greec but popped in to say that I missed all of our arguments. Especially the ones with drakos and Hollywood. I hope you guys are more optimistic now. I am in Ioannina at the moment and have seen all of PAOs friendlies and must admit that if I was optimistic before , I am even more now. The championship is ours this year , I am certain of that. I also believe that we will do well in Champions League as well (meaning pass the first round if the draw is kind to us). The team played better than Portsmouth and dont forget that they begin the Premiership next week while we still have 7 weeks to go.

I read in Sportime today that the transfer window is open until the end of August meaning that Portsmouth still pursue Basinas. Harry (Redknapp) said that he is delighted with Basinas and really wants him on the team.

I also read that Shum will go a lot with 3-6-1 this year. Meaning Kyrgiakos Goumas and Morris as sweeper on defence, Andric and Aggelos as DM, Markus left , Mitu or Lucian right, Eki behind Mihalis and Dimi more as left wing like last year. This 3-6-1 will turn into a 3-5-2 when Dimi advances more. Also I read that he is trying to fit in both Lucian and Eki in the same lineup for more creativity. I like this formation more than the 4-4-2 from last year. It is more solid in the back and more creative up front.

Goalie wise , Mario looks solid as do Halkias. It will a battle for the keeper spot. It seems that Zaec made good signings this year. Especially Mario , Andric and Skacel. Mitu is still 50-50 while Raguel seems weak.

Take care all.

Pappou, I know that lamoio is Sfouras but who is kourada? Demba? If it is him I agree he is terrible. Epalle has improved though. Raguel tries hard but I am afraid he is not good enough for PAO. Andric works hard, I like him better than Zuta.

its not ours it needs work

we just have to make sure

Debbah

Zutautas

Maric

Raguel

dont play at all

and that

Epalle - gotten better but im not willing to risk!

Andric - he sucks. great he tries but hes just worthless. no strengths.

Mitu

play only as subs.

i just have to say again though

Kotsios

Bikovski

great backups.

sorry drakos, but i gotta agree with lalin..i am very confident in our team!! this isnt meant to be sarcastic or anything but have you watched the friendlies or seen the players???

andric is a strong player and will assist basinas very much in the middle of the park holding our midfield and mitu provides some speed and strength on our right....debbah is useless, everyone knows that, so is zuta (plus he is injured) so is maric..i remeber seeing raguel with panionios vs barca last year in the uefa cup vs barca and even though they got killed, i thought he was a solid performewr.. i dont think he is pao material and i dont think he should be at the club but he should not be ragged on...maric is a strong player but extermeley extrwemely injury prone.. i dont see him playing much...epalle will be good to use in specific situations...and i think bikoski and kotsios will be very good replacements (as you have said)

Pappou, I know that lamoio is Sfouras but who is kourada? Demba? If it is him I agree he is terrible. Epalle has improved though. Raguel tries hard but I am afraid he is not good enough for PAO. Andric works hard, I like him better than Zuta.

Re Lalin, Demba doesn't even look like a Kourada! Kourades are short and chubby!!! So we all can figure out who is the Kourada!!!!

PINO, PINO NARGYLE ALLA TON EPALLE , PELLE DEN TON VLEPO!!!!

Re Lalin, Demba doesn't even look like a Kourada! Kourades are short and chubby!!! So we all can figure out who is the Kourada!!!!

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get kourades that are like demba ... log and skiny !!!

Epalle has improved a lot this year. Last year , he was, this year I kid of like him.

Mallon den vazeis to "swsto" uliko mes'to nargile, gi auto den ton Vlepeis Pele :D

Archived