Phantis Forums

HJK or Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Irlandos

Is Maccabi playing in Tel-Aviv or due to the situation there they play in neutral field?

I think that PAOK will get through, but that it will have an easier time playing Maccabi than playing Helsinki.

PS The first game result was Helsinki-Maccabi 0-0

maccabi is going to win for sure..... helsinki is in this stage every year and gets thrashed........ideal for PAOK, macabbi is a tough team- remember they did beat the geys and they do have some decent players like Rosso....

also our coach (shum) is probably on the phone telling them all about PAOK.

but i read Apostolakis will release Salpiggidis from his olympic duties to play in the qualifiers....

Hi guys... I'm Oren, a fan of Maccabi Haifa. This year there are 2 Israeli teams in the CL qualifiers, that should tell you something i think.

Israeli football (at least in team level) is far better than finnish.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv got 0-0 away, and are big favourites to win the game in ISRAEL.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv are delighted to have drawn PAOK as we all in Israel thought you would be the less difficult draw.

My team, Maccabi Haifa drew Rosenborg (they still have to pass a moldavian team though), and we actually would have preffered PAOK. don't forget two years ago we got some good results against Olimpiakos. We got thrashed by AEK later on but we have plenty of exuces for that... we were after the peek (CL), everyone were hung-over after it and didn't put much weight to UEFA cup anymore. also the return leg was played in cyprus with practicly no fans at all.

This year Israel WILL host the games, and in the return leg you will have against Maccabi Tel-Aviv (if they go through) you will play in Ramat-Gan in front of 40,000 Israelies.

Your only luck is that it's Maccabi Tel-Aviv and not us Haifa. Tel-Aviv got 2nd place last year, but played real badly. they are nowhere near haifa in recent years, and i myself hope they pass the finnish team (to not embarres israel) but hope they will lose to you.

Hi guys... I'm Oren, a fan of Maccabi Haifa. This year there are 2 Israeli teams in the CL qualifiers, that should tell you something i think.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv got 0-0 away, and are big favourites to win the game in ISRAEL.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv are delighted to have drawn PAOK as we all in Israel thought you would be the less difficult draw.

My team, Maccabi Haifa drew Rosenborg (they still have to pass a moldavian team though), and we actually would have preffered PAOK. don't forget two years ago we got some good results against Olimpiakos. We got thrashed by AEK later on but we have plenty of exuces for that... we were after the peek (CL), everyone were hung-over after it and didn't put much weight to UEFA cup anymore. also the return leg was played in cyprus with practicly no fans at all.

This year Israel WILL host the games, and in the return leg you will have against Maccabi Tel-Aviv (if they go through) you will play in Ramat-Gan in front of 40,000 Israelies.

Your only luck is that it's Maccabi Tel-Aviv and not us Haifa. Tel-Aviv got 2nd place last year, but played real badly. they are nowhere near haifa in recent years, and i myself hope they pass the finnish team (to not embarres israel) but hope they will lose to you.

PAOK an easier draw?????? :lol:

i would never consider a team from the country of european champions an easier draw over rosenborg. rosenborg are decent but PAOK are a team that raises a lot of promising talent and are always are very tough team to beat at home...

as for Oly... well dont feel too special everyone seems to get the best of them. :P

but as for AEK, i dont think excuses can be made when you lose 8-2 on agregate, there was no chance at all.

i dont know whats happened in the israeli league either... who do Tel Aviv have to watch for? im pretty sure theyll smash Helsinki but all it takes is a lucky 1-1 for helsinki....

oh yeah sorry

you guys can have Zutautas back.... :P

PAOK an easier draw?????? :lol:

as for Oly... well dont feel too special everyone seems to get the best of them. :P

but as for AEK, i dont think excuses can be made when you lose 8-2 on agregate, there was no chance at all.

oh yeah sorry

you guys can have Zutautas back.... :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Better yet take scum back :P

Drakos, having won the Euro championship, doesnt make our domestic league ANY better. We all know Greece have the ' BIG 3 ' Now for you to compare or rate Paok higher than Rosenborg is beyond me, look up the seasons they've competed in CL and you'll see what im saying. Rosenborg is a classy team with a long solid streak. (the only real decent side from norway) Not that PAOK wont or rather SHOULD spank Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Drakos, having won the Euro championship, doesnt make our domestic league ANY better. We all know Greece have the ' BIG 3 ' Now for you to compare or rate Paok higher than Rosenborg is beyond me, look up the seasons they've competed in CL and you'll see what im saying. Rosenborg is a classy team with a long solid streak. (the only real decent side from norway) Not that PAOK wont or rather SHOULD spank Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

it doesnt make it better no but thats not what i said.

but it SHOWS the strength it has. all of those players were products of the greek league - the ones who are playing abroad have been there only about 1 season some even less than a full season. except for Charisteas who was in his second season.

that i hope thats says something about the quality of the league and teams when its products become european champs.

also there are greek teams in the cl every year while rosenborg and norwegian teams arent as often.

PAOK doesnt get in CL as much because the league is a lot more difficult. they lose spots to PAO, AEK, OSFP every year....Rosenborg has it pretty easy so naturally they get in more. Also PAOK in the past beats teams like PSV Eindhoven(whose players today are world class- kezman,robben, van bommel, rommendahl...)

lol, Rosenborg has been in the CL for 9 years in a row (a record along with Man U) and has beated many more teams then PAOK.

Rosenborg have a weak league, but still getting to the CL requires a good rating of the team in UEFA, and that is only gained by team achievements.

PAOK only get to the CL because of other greek teams who've done well and earned 3 spots in the CL. You were the last seeded team and that should also tell you something.

You got alot ahead of you yet before putting yourselves infront of Rosenborg.

lol, Rosenborg has been in the CL for 9 years in a row (a record along with Man U) and has beated many more teams then PAOK.

Rosenborg have a weak league, but still getting to the CL requires a good rating of the team in UEFA, and that is only gained by team achievements.

PAOK only get to the CL because of other greek teams who've done well and earned 3 spots in the CL. You were the last seeded team and that should also tell you something.

my point is- rosenborg win every year easily and always get the cl spot - so naturally they are going to get more chances to qualify.

PAOK has to play Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK, and a lot of other tough teams to come near the CL spot. unfourtunatly for them they havent been able too so naturally theyre not going to be in the CL . PAOK may be last seeded- but they ARE seeded.

and take a look at the draw... Rosenborg are in it every year cuz they draw teams like Maccabi Haifa in the qualifying round....

my point is- rosenborg win every year easily and always get the cl spot - so naturally they are going to get more chances to qualify.

PAOK has to play Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK, and a lot of other tough teams to come near the CL spot. unfourtunatly for them they havent been able too so naturally theyre not going to be in the CL . PAOK may be last seeded- but they ARE seeded.

and take a look at the draw... Rosenborg are in it every year cuz they draw teams like Maccabi Haifa in the qualifying round....

there is a contradiction in what you say

you admit that Rosenborg is the only decent team from Norway and they have the chance to play CL each year

at the other hand you say Rosenborg can get into the CL because they have nice draws against small teams

but these two together must mean that Rosenborg has great European results, because they are the only team from Norway to score so many points for the coefficient that Rosenborg keeps on drawing small opponents

and if Paok does not get into the CL because of the strong contenders in the competition, then why don't they achieve great performances in the Uefa Cup ?

they dont do bad in the UEFA.... yeah the last two years they had break downs vs little teams - but they have pulled off good results and performances...

i dont contradict anything

rosenborg is decent- but they get in cuz they draw easy teams

if they drew- teams likee anderlecht or benfica every year - although putting a good effort i doubt they would make it.

Archived