Phantis Forums

HJK or Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Irlandos

they dont do bad in the UEFA.... yeah the last two years they had break downs vs little teams - but they have pulled off good results and performances...

i dont contradict anything

rosenborg is decent- but they get in cuz they draw easy teams

if they drew- teams likee anderlecht or benfica every year - although putting a good effort i doubt they would make it.

my point is that Rosenborg gets those easy opponents because they do well once in a while in the champions league with wins against Ac Milan, Real Madrid, Porto, Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Celtic, Bruges, Besiktas, Legia Warsaw, Boavista,Blackburn,Olympiakos (5-1), Panathinaikos (3-0)...

to get in the group phase they eliminated Besiktas, Pao, Bruges,...

this is why they have the benefit now of drawing minor teams

okay Paok, beating Arsenal, PSV, Grashoppers, Udinese ... has also some nice results, but still these teams (except Arsenal) are of another level

anyway, don't get me wrong, I hope Paok will qualify this year and also conquer the scalp of some big named teams B)

but saying their performances now have been better than Rosenborgs is a bit over the edge

with all due respect let us not get carried away here with pure reason and team allegiances.

Rosenberg is a very good team. Having said that there are team like valencia even roma and dozens other that have not been to the CL 9 times who have always been better than rosenberg. Because they do not get the same chances to go because of the strength of their leauge, while rosenberg the perrenial Norway champ gets a shot every year.

PAOK is not in the champions leauge because the big three created the third spot for greece. Paok has a very good record in Europe that is way they are ranked above Oly and they are very close to Aek in the coefficients ranking. The reason of the third spot is because the previous 5 years the lesser teams like paok, panionios, iraklis and aris did vey well in the point department.

Regarding chances to represent greece, it is well known and our friend in israel should very well be aware of the systems in greece and probably in his country as well, that one can't even get a job if he doesn't know somebody or have a connection, so you think that something as a championship where ego is everything is not affected. So the big 3 in greece get the prizes just like in Israel Maccabe tel aviv and haifa get it. So even when paok has great teams they have not won. Slowly things rae changing in that respect.

having put at least somethings in perspective:

Better rosenberg than real or manchester and a couple other teams that have not been cL 9 times in a row

And better Maccabee T-A than benfica or grasshopers or vasilia etc.

the rest will be established on the field.

PAOK will be playing Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Maccabi Tel Aviv beat HJK 1-0, with a goal at the 89 minute.

Archived