Phantis Forums

Giorgos Karagounis (retired)

Ziaka

he played in the friendly vs. Porthmouth yesterday which inter won 2-0.

he came on in the 68th minute and wore the captain's armband, hope it's a sign of things to come. :tup:

he also hit the cross bar late in the game.

Posted Image]here's a pic

that' huge - hopefully figo stays away

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually the rumor i heard was that inter will sign Samuel & Figo from Real and Samuel has already signed but no news yet on Figo. it would be okay if Figo plays left wing...

Olympiakos needs to find a way to sign him

i don't think Karagounis will see a day of light especially if Figo comes along

he played in the friendly vs. Porthmouth yesterday which inter won 2-0.

he came on in the 68th minute and wore the captain's armband, hope it's a sign of things to come. :tup:

he also hit the cross bar late in the game.

Not only that...but u should have seen mancini's face when kara hit the cross bar...he just turned around broke out into this smile, that i think we all get when we see kara do something like that, it was just hilarious to watch..it was like he was thinking..."oh my god how can i still not be playing this guy"

well it looks almost certain now that Figo will sign tomorrow with inter a 2 year deal for 4.5 mill. euro per year.

what are the chances of kara getting first team action? i think they're pretty good if Figo plays on the left wing and not the right but anyway we'll see

i'm ususally skeptical about what i read on tribal football.com but i think this might have some truth to it, 2 German teams are after him:

Meanwhile, Inter midfielder Giorgis Karagounis is considering two offers from Germany after Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04 both made contract offers to the Greek this week.

on goal.com in the preview of the italian super cup b/t juve vs. inter it says the following:

Mihajlovic and Burdisso are unavailable, while players such as Coco, Karagounis, Van Der Meyde, Kily haven’t been called up because they are on the verge of leaving the club.

:tup: :tup:

i'll bet it's either dortmund or schalke

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame he was not given the opportunity in Milano, if the Italians have such a Hellenophobia why sign him to begin with ? All those years on the bench, tsk tsk.

Oh well, that's done now. Benfica we can all agree is the new general in Portugese soccer. Big club, history and CHAMPS LEAGUE ! Georgos can really become the engine to this club, wonderfull move and I wish him the best of success.

FORZA NOMOS ILIAS !

:gr:

so he made his choice and joined a top team from a mediocre league. the thing that comes to my mind is why Panathinaikos did not show any interest in their former player when they badly need an AM C... if such a club as Benfica can purchase him than PAO could have done it, too.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Karagounis (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived