Phantis Forums

Test time... 2

The2ndMouse

Following the logic of the similar thread I oppened in the "green" forum...

I wanted to ask the Reds of this forum if they think Olympiakos can take a more comfortable lead after the PAO 15 days of continuous matches for the UEFA cup and The Championship.

At the same Period Olympiakos has a Tricky Schedule:

OFI (A)

Kallithea (A)

AEK (H)

A game per week and no Europe, but noone can claim that the the recent hickups in form, the absences (especially Carembeu) and the recent rivalry strirred from all fronts wont take a toll on the teams chances....

So what do you think from your point of view reds? Where will the team be standing after 15 days?

Who cares?

PAO and its supporters are welcome to use, if they so wish, OSFP as a measuring stick. I for one do not care if PAO is first or last, ahead of OFI or behind.

Kerembeu or not, the team will play as well as it can and will collect as many points as it will. And in due time we will find if it is ahead or behind. What is this mania among people who barely understand (and I am generous here) the present to wish to predict the future?

May I suggest that you unite the two threads (after you delete my reply) in the PAO forum where (my opinion) it belongs?

Each team is a measuring stick against all others, their possible point collection and their final position... Acording to this logic we should have no discussion whatsoever on this or any other football topic in this forum.

You are the moderator of this forum. If you think it does not belong here you have my permission to delete the whole thread. But I suspect the few reds we have here might be interested in sharing a view or two on the subject...

Each team is a measuring stick against all others, their possible point collection and their final position... Acording to this logic we should have no discussion whatsoever on this or any other football topic in this forum.

Absolutely untrue, especially after I have read time and again all the wonderful thoughts about corruption, referees being the 12-th man, the worth of a team in Greece being proven by how well or badly does in Europe, the advisability of beating up Eythymiadis so as to referee correctly in the future and so on and so forth. Certainly, if you believe all this, the standings reflect everything but worth and the team of the prophets of doom and gloom cannot be used to measure anything.

Reasonable people hold discussions to inform/be informed or to entertain/be entertained. Unreasonable people chant unprovable statements (e.g., religious beliefs) and prophesize about random events in the futute. The one you propose to discuss is near random.

You are the moderator of this forum. If you think it does not belong here you have my permission to delete the whole thread. But I suspect the few reds we have here might be interested in sharing a view or two on the subject...

You are confused. I am not the moderator and you are. And topics are not normally moved because noone wishes to discuss them (why bother) but because they are discussed in the wrong forum.

And I repeat: My reading is that the OSFP supporters are quite indifferent to PAO.

Do not feel glee when PAO does badly, do not analyze each and every call of PAO's games, do not become despondent when PAO wins. So that the incessant futurology (he loves me? he loves me not?) belongs elsewhere.

To say nothing about a minor point you have forgotten. Soccer is a sport and all any team can do is to try to play well. Preoccupation with winning is a mental disease afflicting the minds of those who, deserving an F, gladly cheat to get an A, a confirmation that they are what they know they are not.

As an OSFP supporter I am concerned with zillions of things and none of them is the relative position of PAO.

Soccer is a sport and all any team can do is to try to play well. Preoccupation with winning is a mental disease afflicting the minds of those who, deserving an F, gladly cheat to get an A

Very true and thank you for putting into such a nice phrase an idea I wanted to express for long

BUT,

Dont try to persuade me that somehow Olympiakos and PAO fans have some type of different DNA structure.

Mass reactions can differ according to times and situations and the PAO crowd, does act differently to OSFP fans in many aspects due to the simple fact that they experience (sadly-->) life altering emotional stmuli (sp?) than those of OSFP...

you cannot however treat ALL Olympiakos fans like immages of yourself. Oly fans DO care very much about what PAO does. On top of that I want to point your attention to another factor you are forgetting.

The inhabitant of the summit is twice as anxious as those climbing to try and kick him off... he simply is too spoiled by being there and has twice as much to lose... ;)

And to reverse your wise words right back at you...

"Soccer teasing is fun and all parties have to do is support their team and tease opponents knowing all will be left persuaded they still love their team anddetest the opponents at the end of the day. Actually believing that they ARE TRULY always correct is a mental disease afflicting the minds of those who, deserving to be sidelined by reasonable people, gladly use force-shouting louder-or empathy to get recognition" :lol:

Dont try to persuade me that somehow Olympiakos and PAO fans have some type of different DNA structure.

I am not in the business of persuading those whose mind are made up. But I will direct your attention to another topic "Karembeu on the move" which is the subject of musings exclusively of PAO supporters and Irlandos (he must have been so clouded that day that his uncertainty as to whom he supports became a full blown confusion). Without evoking DNA related considerations, I would say that the subject is of intense uninterest to the OSFP fans and that you should consider moving it where it belongs.

Unless, of course, you do not trust your senses or have two ways of calculating probabilities and forming inferences. One when good things to OSFP are concerned and another for everything else.

1. Your fellow Olympiakos fans obviously try to prove you right by not participating

but

2. They are still only a few in this site so it not exactly a persuading statistic

3. We turned this subject into something too complicated in relation to the initial question

4. I am reforming the initial question taking out the Panathinaikos part of it...

Forget them... what are your predictions for the upcoming 15 days and three (IMO) tricky games ?

(Is this good enough to stay here? B) )

Archived