Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R5: PAOK FC - Qabala FK (26-Nov-15, 22:05 GR)

Blackhawk

Qabala.jpgvsPAOK.jpg

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Qabala FK

COMPETITION:     Europa League - Group Stage - Round 5 

DATE:                     26-November-2015

TIME:                      22:05 GR  (20:05 GMT, 14:05 CST, 07:05 AEDT next day)

CITY/STADIUM:    Thessaloniki - Tumba Stadium (28,703)

REFEREES:              Jakob Kehlet - Henrik Larsen, Lars Rix   (All Denmark)

TELEVISION:          OTE Sport TV (Greece), Fox Soccer 2GO (USA)

With our 2015-2016 European season basically over, the only reason to try and get win in this game is to get some points for the team's UEFA rankings and the money that gets awarded for a win.

A team of Danish referees will be in charge of a match between Azerbaijans Qabala and Greek PAOK as part of the fifth round of the UEFA Europa League group stage.

Main referee Jakob Kehlet will be assisted by Henrik Larsen and Lars Rix.

From uefa.com:

Oddly, all five games between Azeri and Greek clubs in UEFA competition have ended in draws - in addition to the aforementioned Qabala fixtures (against Pana), Inter Baki and Asteras Tripolis FC drew 1-1 home and away in the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League second qualifying round. Asteras went through on penalties.

Come on Dikefale. Write history, grab the points (also for our coefficient)....... and the money.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Thanks for link.  Only caught the last 15 minutes.  I saw 5 chances and 3 of them were by Tziolis, so that kind of sums up what little I saw.  We weren't terrible, but we are lacking presence up front.

At least we got 1 co-efficient point ....

PAOK, Asteras and APOEL out at the group stage of the Europa league... I thought PAOK and one of Asteras or APOEL would have made it to the next round.

Contrary to popular belief, PAOK were not favourites to get out of this group.  Krasnodar are a better side, and it shows in the results.  If you're thinking, who the hell is Krasnodar, well I can tell you the rest of Europe probably thinks the same thing about Greek teams ... in general, Olympiakos possibly excepted.  Having said that, PAOK have been poor overall, and regardless of getting out of the group or not, should be beating teams like Qabala with ease, both home and away.  Qabala, the Greek giant killers!

Gabala were poor.

I don't think there was ever enough quality behind Berbatov to allow him to succeed. Technically PAOK are very poor this season. Very little quality IMO. I hope PAOK make many signings this Xmas because otherwise there is a risk they wont crack the top 5 - and I would rather have PAOK in Europe than one of the smaller clubs.

When Mak or Rodrigues aren't firing the team suffers.  Added to that when sides park the bus, these guys have less space to work with.  That's when you need players that can play that through ball that can split a defence.  Pelkas is getting there, but there is a long way to go.  The team definitely "clicks" a little better when he's playing in the hole.

Up front though, there is nothing.  No one to play the ball to.  Right now, if Klaus and Berbatov were to leave the club, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  Both are being selected purely on reputation.  If they were young kids, they'd be sent out on loan.  When Berbatov was signed, I was hoping he could play that number 10 role.  He has the required technical attributes, and then some.  He should be teaching Pelkas how it's done, but this is not how it's played out.

Honestly, right now, I'd be playing Pelkas as the number 10 and pick someone from the youth to play as the number 9.  Klaus and Berbatov I'd probably make the team clothing shoppers.  They dress kind of snazzy.

Edited by Bananas

I'm sitting here watching melbourne city play and there's only one thing running through my head..........

SIGN AARON MOOY YOU CLAGBAGS

the money wasted on sabo and Olsen we could have signed Mooy and picked up thimas Sorensen for free. Instead they are playing for one of the poorer Australian teams.

There's no bloody energy in our midfield, industry yes, activity or change of pace, no.

While you're at it you could do worse than pick up Ollie botanic as well.

And if any of you say that these guys aren't PAOK quality