Phantis Forums

SL-R5: Atromitos - PAOK FC (27-Sep-15, 20:30 GR)

Blackhawk

Poorly executed indirect free kick. Pass it back to someone that can place in the upside corner of the goal. Instead we go for a line drive into a wall of 10 players.

Kind of lucky to get the win. Everytime Atromitos got the ball into our zone in 2nd half, it smelled of a goal.

It's encouraging that we fought back for the win, in some ways even more so that last weeks game.  In Toumba, the team is expected to "fight to the death" and they generally deliver.  Our achilles heal has always been our away form, and it always costs us too many points.

Good to see Mak finish.  Maybe the trick to improving his finishing, is to have half a dozen players between him and the goal.

Haha keep him away from those one on ones, huh?

Yes, but ... at least he gets into dangerous positions.  I think right now he's invaluable.  His pace means the opposition can't play a high line, which creates space in the middle.  Unless of course the opposition is just a few classes above us, or they have a very speedy defender.  If he keeps this form up, I can see teams outside the GSL showing interest.

On a side note, Lucas popped in 2 goals last night.  F--k me I wish he stayed with us.  Lucas, with Klaus and Berbatov.  Now that is beginning to get quite scary.  Throw in a Natcho, a class CB and a class GK and even I would be thinking we can get the title.

Bravo to Berbatov.  I love this freaking guy.  What a humble guy.  All you hear this guy talk about is the team.  What's best for the team.  What's best for the young players development.  Even in his celebration, you see how he's calling his teammates to celebrate with him.  Bravo.  What a class act.

he was so pumped when mak scored the winner too. least we can say about berba is he's not a passenger looking for an easy retirement home. he's all about PAOK right now.

• Like it 1