Round - 4

Time - n/a (Greece time)

Form;

PAOK DLW

AEK - WD, W

Table:

PAOK - 9th

AEK - 2nd

All the streams were blocked in Australia and since I don't have Antenna I listened to the PAS game on radio, made me feel 15yo again

This is a big game for us and it will be interesting to see how the players react playing up there with their fans.

A draw would be a great result but I can even see us winning it PAOK aren't cautious

I too put a lot of trust in Simoes and Johanson. If those two can shut down Pelka, their team will be severely limited in terms of creativity. We just can't get closed in our defensive 3rd or else our inexperience in a tough edra can be tested. As long as Simoes and Johanson clean up and keep the battle in the midfield we are good. Haha if you shut down their midfield and take Pelka out of the mix their stuck with Tzioli's long balls to the front. I say we go into this game humble and feel them out. If they let us control the game and we win the midfield early on then we should take it, but if we see them come out overzealous I say we play it defensive, wait for them to commit too many players forward and wait for that one magic spark from Diego, Mandalo, Vargas, or Barbosa to hit them on the counter. Thats really all we need. This match is going to be won purely on tactics as we will rarely play teams that field 3 CB's in the SL, so its important to create a tactic specifically for mpaok.

I really can't even predict what we are going to see for this game but I think we can come out of there with a 0-1. 

The first real test of the season, always a tricky game and we haven't won away to PAOK since our 1-0 win in 2010. 

They play Qabala away in Azerbaijan on Thursday which will leave them in 5 days to rest for their game vs us, we will have 7 having just played Apollon this evening, although only some 1st team players featured such as Cordero, Mandalos, Anakoglou, Didac, Vargas, and Aravidis.

I think we will see

.................Baroja

Galo....Tzane...Kolo...Didac

...........Johan...Simoes

Platellas....Buona...Vargas

................Aravidis

I have a sneaky feeling Mantalos will be starting.

He just does m*****es with the ball at times Amorgos, his decision making is terrible.

Atm I would honestly rather Barbosa start than Platellas, he looked more effective than Platellas on the weekend also.

Either way whatever line up we go with I just hope they put up a fight and get a result, will be good to see how they cope with being in toumba also. A good test for  us at the right time because after the Veria game the big games are one after the other

Not only can you not see it in Australia but not even in America where we can see every single Super League game except the PAOK games. It's ridiculous that in 2015 NOVA hasn't been able to create a channel for North America and Australia... People would buy it to watch Super League, and also A1 Basketball which is rarely shown on TV outside of Greece... So stupid... Anyways...

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/kai-stin-korufi-mpouonanote/3109513

Dellas is testing out in practice Buonannotte up top as a false 9 for this game. It would look something like this:

Baroja

Galo Tzanetopoulos Kolovetsios Soiledis/Didac

Simoes Johanson

Platellas Vargas Aravidis

Buonannotte

I'd be very interested to see this, we'd be attacking PAOK trough the middle with the skill of Vargas and El Nano, and pressure them from the wings with Aravidis and Platellas. Playing Aravidis on the wing helps Soiledis out because Aravidis gets back on defense while Vargas and El Nano usually don't. Having those two on the wing will help us start our counter attacks quickly and El Nano can use his speed to get in behind the 3 man defense or use his (lack of) height and win a free kick. With Galo, Diego, Vargas, and Soiledis in the same lineup we have 4 very good set piece takers so I expect us to be a threat from all corners and free kicks.

Berbatov likely starting for PAOK, Kolovetsios is our best man marker so we need him to be on top form. Also, Johanson who so far hasn't been at his best form, he's still been very solid for us but I know that he can be even better, his passing has been off recently and hes been making mistakes. If he can become the Johanson that he was against Olympiakos both home and away last year then he will win the midfield battle by himself.

• Like it 1

There is one wild card to this formation but Idk how I feel about the 4-3-3 for a few reasons:

1. We're pretty much going to bet on a counter attack to seal a 0-1. I think that is dangerous when you're playing a team that throws so many players into the midfield and in such a chaotic atmosphere. Unless we work to 100% efficiency I feel like a slip up is inevitable and the longer we stay in our half the higher the chance is. 

2. Vargas has a gas tank of about 60-65 minutes right now, Buonannotte has only started one game with us thus far, and Aravidi can get isolated quickly if the players around him get closed down or run out of gas. Not to mention that in the 4-3-3 the wide players have to do a lot more running to cover for a more narrow midfield and attacking scheme. 

3. I say its better to go into this with a balanced line up that will look them in the eyes and be just as able to attack their 3 cb's from the wings in order to take advantage of their weak spots. Look at their right side for instance. If Galo can get passed Rodriguez I'm fairly confident that him and Platella can pull Tzavella to the wing and make him their bitch. 

However the wild card in the 4-3-3 is Anakoglou. If he is on his a game and is able to move around and distribute to his full potential then he might be able to provide a helpful link between our defense and offense. He has the ability to add more fluidity to our game, but again if he's on an off day and there is more pressure on Simoes and Johanson to be more defensive then our team is pretty much split in half on the field. Idk if thats the type of game I want us to play in Toumba. 

I had a feeling he might put Diego out wide which isn't a bad thing but if we are playing on the counter you want him at #10 running at players.

Giving Anakoglou a start will be interesting, I rate him a lot as he has a great left foot just hope he is on his game as he will play a vital role for us.

Johanssen and Simeos will get their job done and cut everything out as they have been doing.

We need to try get an early goal to knock them off abit, we don't want to be going down early as they will lift with their fans getting behind them.

In all honesty as much as I want the win I will be more than happy with a draw up there.

The 4-3-3 has its positives and negatives, in attack its great in defence you can get caught out if you move players forward, unless Dellas drops his wide men deep and sit in a 4-5-1 while defending which I don't mind as they will have to try break us down.

Could this 4-3-3 "leak" to the press just be a ruse ?  I see no sense in playing Bueno out wide.  With his dribbling and skill, you want him in the middle so that if he creates space, he can have a shot on goal or play a nice through ball to someone who can pop it in.  Out wide, he'll still be effective but I don't think as much.  As a PAOK fan, I hope he gets played wide ... after seeing his nice finish the other week. ;)