Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Olympiakos gets away with a win vs Kifisia. Both teams managed to end the game with ten men. Olympiakos's red was for Retsos, which is great for us.

AEK-PAO starting at the same time as our match, I guess hope for a draw there...

The yellow clubs drew and needed a penalty shootout. The simpolites won.

The reds against the greens is heading to penalties too. 1-1 aggregate in 118'.

Let the fatigue come to them all!!

19 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

The reds against the greens is heading to penalties too. 1-1 aggregate in 118'.

Pana winner after penalties. Better for us as they are out of Europe and OSFP not.

Well at least AEK got knocked out. It's good to add to Panathinaikos' fatigue in the league I guess, but Olympiakos is just so much worse this year...

And of course, we will be playing PAO in the semis, once they beat Atromitos. Hopefully they'll get a bunch of red cards.

So I suppose if we make it to the final, that means it'll be us vs either Aris or OFI/Panaitolikos.

-edit- I missed that Levadiakos and Niki Volos still have to play, so Aris isn't through yet. I can't imagine either of those teams will be much trouble for them, though.

Edited by pash

• 5 weeks later...

Did they do a rotation for this one? I thought it was interesting that they played their strongest lineup vs us. Would make some sense, since Lamia should have been an easier win. Great result for us though, assuming we beat Olympiakos.

Kifisia manages a draw away vs PAO. Schenkeveld was sent off with a straight red in the 64th minute. Great result for us, and Panathinaikos will be without him for Aris (I assume).

Standings:

AEK 55

PAOK 54

PAO 52

OLY 50

ARIS 41

Lot of games still to play. I bet every team will drop points. This is going to come down to the last match days, I would assume.

-edited for poor spelling-

Edited by pash
  • Like it 1

There is a zero percent chance that our fans would not throw flares or cause other trouble. And I am guessing the host team would be responsible under the current rules, right? The fines and punishments from one game with our moron fan groups would definitely hurt these guys more than not selling another 400-500 tickets.

• 1 month later...

This popped up earlier today for me, thought I would share. There is some irony in this being thought of as a crisis, when you compare what has happened in Greece for a very, very long time now. Does not really come up with any real conclusions, but I can't say I blame them. Lots of theories going around (and I doubt the coronavirus lockdowns are a great explanation, considering we're nearly four years out from them).

Tifo also did a piece of Savvidis back in 2018, after the incident that shall not be named. Weirdly, it spends basically no time on the actual incident.

• Like it 1

Big fan of Tifo they produce some great stuff! 

I remember when the Savvidis one came out I thought it would take something like this for us to graduate to this level of social media😅

As you point out though pash, it doesn't harp too much on the incident and is rather an informative piece on Ivan and his background, as well as highlighting just a few of the issues with Greek football. 

It's funny how the algorithm works. I definitely have watched some of their videos before (I bet I've even watched the Savvidis one). But I try to keep my subscriptions to a reasonable number because otherwise I'd have to watch a few hours of youtube a day just to keep up. And yet, every once in a while they'll poke me with a reminder of a page like Tifo, and I go down the rabbit hole again...

• 2 weeks later...

That Fiorentina/Plzen match is about to go to extra time, Plzen is playing with ten men. Would be very surprising if they make it through.

Olympiakos is through to the semifinal of Conference league after eliminating Fenerbahce on penalty kicks. Good turn of events as they are going to be more tired on Sunday, and also will have to play two difficult games in between Superleague games. 

• Like it 1

This means the postponed match of last Sunday (MD 5) must be rescheduled as the fixture was set May 1st and the gavro faces Aston Villa May 2nd and 9th. 

Probably all last MD's must be postponed as last MD (or 2 last MD's, as I am not sure) need to be played at the same time and there is a cupfinal to be played too. Plus the season needs to be finished (weekend of May 25th) because of the Euro 2024.