Phantis Forums

Training set pieces..

greenfloyd

Correct. 99% of Karagkounis set peices are exactly the same. Near post and too low. Hes a good shot, but he's not for set peices on wings/corners, really.

Its HTC's fault, for letting him take them. Karagkounis set peices and corners were the exact same with Peseiro, I remember.

You know, I keep hearing how much Tkate knows about football, play systems, etc... BUt, he's not a good practitioner.

This is surprising that he hasn't worked on set pieces, because I thought everyone does.

We've seen it too often, that the wrong players take particular shots (fouls, corner kicks, penalty shots).

Last season we missed half of the few PKs we got. And, it seemed to me that PAO didn't have 1 or 2 designated takers. It's absurd.

More and more I'm of the opinion that TKAte should be fired. I think we won't make the CL this season, so let's concentrate on the domestic league. (Won't go far in the Europa league either).

After the Sparta game (assuming we show another bad performance), Pateras should bring in someone who knows the Greek reality, like Rocha or Fylakouris.

CL is a 1 in 10 chance I think. We had slim chances going into it I beleive. Our next draw is going to be far better than Sparta and we dont have the recources to compete with Fiorentina/Atletico on a head to head. Maybe if we get very lucky tommorow and with a draw, we can go CL.

Europa League, no we wont get far. Getting out of the Group Stage Europa would be as far as our team realistically could go.

I serioulsy just hope PAO gets some wins to put onto Greece's coefficient. Badly needed.

you know ive been sayin this for years......

its not just henk ten cates fault

its every managers fault dating back to the basinas era (at least his corners were better than karagounis)....its been a traditional problem of pao's for the last decade

we have (i feel) a shocking record at fouls and corners and there should be more emphasis on this as a training exercise

Archived