Phantis Forums

Greece Russia Fixed Match

Clover22

I think that's a hard allegation. Yes our team played better than against Sweden, but still not good enough compared to the other teams. The goal that was ruled offside kept us from drawing.

Why do you think it was fixed? With what purpose?

"Fixed" really isn't the right word. "Favoritism" is more like it. There just wasn't any opportunity for the guy to make an offside ruling mistake. I don't remember seeing anything like this. Why people are just accepting this crap is beyond me.

The look on the linesman's face makes me believe he may have screwed up.

It was a very close call, one that should not have been made, no doubt. but its over, ti na koume?

I think Lybe's whining also pissed the ref off

i felt like the linesman screwed us. the advantage must go to the defender if its even, and a nose hair past is still even. We deserved that goal.

Also the ref was making some very bad calls.....Russia got plenty of favours that did not go both ways.

I felt like there was favoritism, definitly. But its not uncommon in football.

Yes I dont understand why the ethniki puts up with all the "anti greek" media. For the last 4 years the world has been so insanely jelous of the Euro triumph that they have found (and probably created) the smallest negative thing to put the team down. After so many years of the world saying that greece plays negative, ugly, and defensive football that the team has started to believe it themselves!!!!!

If I were Otto I would say,

"Ok, we lost to Sweden, we were not ready.BUT IMO we lost 0-1 not 0-2. Kyriakos was fouled before the second Swedish Goal. Charasteas scored a Goal that was unfairly ruled offside, if this Goal was allowed we may have won the game. Goals in this part of a game can change a side's mentality and thirst for victory. Our Turkish friends can acount for that!!!"

Seriously WTF is Otto going on about miricles every 30 years BS and that he never thought they would win. WHAT THE POO are you paid to do??? I would never play for a coach that didnt believe in me or my team!!!

I believe that this game could have been fixed but trust me its not the only one in the tournament to have a few hundred dodgy calls...Poland vs Austria no way was that a penalty, Italy vs Romania!!!!! this was filled with ludacris calls.

Seriously WTF is Otto going on about miricles every 30 years BS and that he never thought they would win. WHAT THE POO are you paid to do??? I would never play for a coach that didnt believe in me or my team!!!

Exactly. I think this shows how ambitious he is now (in comparison to four years ago) ... I feel like the man is complacent with nothing.

i felt like the linesman screwed us. the advantage must go to the defender if its even, and a nose hair past is still even. We deserved that goal.

Also the ref was making some very bad calls.....Russia got plenty of favours that did not go both ways.

I felt like there was favoritism, definitly. But its not uncommon in football.

If you're even, the attacker is still ONSIDE.

If the attackers head, body, or leg(s) are even a nose hair closer to the goal line than the second to last defender, he's OFFSIDE.

Very simple.

"Fixed" really isn't the right word. "Favoritism" is more like it. There just wasn't any opportunity for the guy to make an offside ruling mistake. I don't remember seeing anything like this. Why people are just accepting this crap is beyond me.

Not sure what you mean here. Looked to me like the AR was in a correct position to make the call. Whetehr he was right or wrong is another matter altogether.

I would venture to say that most of you who bitch and moan about offsides calls this close have never served as an AR in an officially sanctioned match.

I would rather referee two games back to back than serve as an AR in just one.

Archived