Phantis Forums

How will Greece fare?

Irlandos

How will Greece fare in Euro 2008?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How will Greece fare in Euro 2008?

• Champions again!
    • Runners up
    • Semifinalists
    • Quarterfinalists
    • Won't make it out of the group

I believe we will get 1 point and go home:

Greece 0-2 Sweden.

Sweden like to whip a lot of crosses in and utilise their set-pieces well. Their midfield also likes to overlap and run on to Ibra through-balls. He likes the ball to his feet with his back to goal and I think we'll struggle to shut him down and subsequently cope with Larssons movement.

Greece 1-1 Russia.

Because of the defeat of the first game Greece will play hard for this one. We may score if we exploit the flat-footedness of their defence, but they have the youngest team in the competition and they will throw a lot at us late on. I doubt we'll cope with their pace and they'll equalise.

Greece 0-5 Spain.

Remember what happened to the Ukraine at the World Cup? That's what will happen here. The thought of Dellas dealing with Torres is frightening. We lost 2-3 at Toumba recently but the pitch looked like a battle-field in Rwanda. On a slick, smooth, fast-paced pitch they'll humiliate us and exploit every weakness we have.

I'm praying I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this tournament will be a nightmare.

My vote is semi-finals, despite Greece's struggles in the last 3 friendlies, I still believe Greece has quality and can go far in this tournament. We might finish group winner if only we have God of our side, with the Swedes finishing 2nd. Spain will choke (as usual) and I can tell you that they got good individual talent like a Fabergeas or Torres, but football is a team sport and Spain will disapoint. Russia is an unknown quality, there among the youngest, but inexperinced team in EURO 2008. So in the following order:

Greece

Sweden

Spain

Russia

Greece may face either France, Italy, Netherlands, or Romania, and it can get tougher. Greece has what it takes to go as far as the semifinals. Truely, Greece may fall short of advancing to the finals by losing to one of those 4 teams from Group C

Really not sure about this one.

I can't see both Spain and russia playing well with their histories of choking. That means one spot is open, so that means its between us and the Sweedes in the opener.

We will have experience on our side and I think the newcomers will be eager to show they fit with the veterans.

I think we only do well in this tourney if somebody REALLY steps it up offensively, most importantly somebody on the bench, and as I think of our squad I could see that somebody being any of the forwards or mids (save Tsiolis)

Maybe its Lybe scoring a clutch goal or two, or Samaras finally stepping it up or Stelios shining one last time -- who knows - but I am sure that this is necessary for a successful tournament

One week 16 hours, 58 seconds not that i'm counting

haha...0-5?

Although I can see it being such a high score I'm always very negative just before big games because I get so nervous. So may you guys should ignore my predictions, but copping 5 is far from impossible. We conceded 4 against England in 1 half. Yes it was only a friendly, but if our boys aren't at their best and the Spanish are, we will get humiliated.

The hardest thing about our NT is going to be scoring.... If Gekas and Amanatidis get on a hot streak we have a chance of repeating..

If we score we get out of the group and I see good things if we don't score we're either going to be left w/ tie games all over the place and/or losses and we're 3 and out.

Lets hope for the positive here

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived