Phantis Forums

ARIS vs. Olympiakos, The Cup final

REY

OK, time for a trophy after 38 years of thirstiness. I think this could be just one of several factors potentially going in favor to Aris. Also let's not forget that if Olympiakos win the championship, this cup final will be their last match of the season, which will be in about a month from today, so the question is how ready Olympiakos can be also lacking the match form and the stuff...

Also let's not forget that the final is in Thessaloniki, not at Charilaou it's true, but still can kind of be an adventage, but also myself not forgetting that Olympiakos will have their tickets for the match and their strong support too.

Still all in all, if I sum and subtract all parameters (some of them I'll be yet to mantion here probably), I say Aris will lift this cup.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Olympiakos looses the protathlima and then you guys beat Olympaikos in the cup so you can celebrate a cup after so many years and for Olympiakos to get nothing this year!!!!

Yes, but for Aris the perfect scenario would be if Olympiakos won the championship. Then, we would be in the UEFA even as just a Cup finalist, which means that we would play the play offs just for nothing special that could open up some space for some of Duško's experiments, as I don't believe we can catch up the first place in the play offs (that would be a miracle)...

But if you ask me, I'm also sick and tired of Olympiakos winning championships. <_<

Apparently both clubs will get 8.000 tickets each. Kaftantzoglio has the attendance of 28.000 I guess. So, if you question where the remaining tickets go, well PAOK fans also have the final word here. :LOL: (j/k).

BTW Which team will they choose to support? Or rather which team will they prefer less to conquer the cup? ;)

It will hopefully be IRAKLIS fans who will go to Kaftantzoglio. I don't think that PAOKia will flood the stadium to see their Thessaloniki rivals battle the team they hate more than any other.

In general, all Thessaloniki will be by Aris' side for this one.

hmm, tough to call, since believe me, PAOK are not comfortable with our recent successes, the same way we werent happy when they were better while we were struggling. Very similar logic ;)

Back onto the tickets issue, it's normal for 1-match football finals, I mean the same amount of tickets deposit to 2 clubs in order to be given to organized fans groups, which of course when counted all are less than the full capacity of a stadium. But as you said no wonder that Ariani will be more, 'cause remaining 12.000 will be sold out amongst mainly unorganized groups and not just in Thessaloniki I think but some other Greek towns and still a few thousands of Ariani will buy some of them to join the other 8.000.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, even the tickets distribution isn't the easiest task in the world for these sorts of matches :whistle: , but these people/members/fans have the priority:

1. The "Friends' Club"

2. Season ticket holders

3. Organized fans' groups

As for our fans from diaspora, they need to call/contact PAE and reserve I guess...since already tens of messages/calls/e-mails received.

I guess the final tickets distribution plan concerning the cup match, was finally announced...we get our tickets on Friday, so for all those who will go or want to know how it all goes about the so wanted tickets, see in which group you belong (season ticket holders, Friends' Club etc..) so you can pick up your tickets if lucky and smart enough. :rolleyes:

In this article below you have some kind of schedule and even hours, for example what "group" exactly picks up where (Megastore, Mobile store...) and when (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and if remains something then Wednesday when the holders of "mini" season tickets have the priority I think):

To...

Last 3 days the team trained in Kaftanzoglio (sure with a received authorisation). Earlier today, precisely @ 17:30 Bajević and Nebegleras had a press conference and 15 minutes after its finish they had the last training regarding tomorrow's cup match.

Thanks.

This line up is expected:

--------------------------Kelemen-----------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neto----------Avraam---------------Ronaldo-----Karabelas

-----------Nebegleras-----Jahić--------Siston----------------

-----------------------------Ivić---------------------------------

-------------------------------------Koke----------------------

---------------------Javito-------------------------------------

What is different from my favourite line up is that I would like to see Chalkias maybe this time.

Yet, this is probably our strongest line up shaped in 4-4-2 (sure just put Nacho when fit over Siston)

Good luck to Aris today. They deserve to win the cup!!!!!

IF they play better but lets not all go crazy in here........this is the cup,no Walner story on CAS courts here.....

May the best team win and since the game is in Salonika i believe that Aris is the favorite to win since they are at "playing tough mode" taking part in the playoffs while Olympiakos was chilling going to Bouzoukia....... <_<

I believe this will be a (hard fought) win for Aris, 2-1 or 3-1.

They want it more, are in better shape, but do have some injuries... we'll see in about 40 minutes. :)

Seems like there were some troubles with OSFP fans so far, trying to get over the fences and throwing things towards the Aris fans. One OSFP fan was hitting his head against an iron fence ... (? stop doing drugs !? :D) One day after Kokalis was rambling about how his fans have behaved perfectly the whole season.

In "Arxizei to mats" they just said LuaLua is also on the bench.

5 minutes far in the game...

Aris looks like the dominating side so far. Only the Aris fans can be heard so far... and now it's changing suddenly. Both sides' fans are making this a great atmosphere.

Who is on the Oly bench Genome?

Galetti almost with the 1-0, after a sloppy back pass and later a sloppy control by Kelemen.

DUDE, on the Oly bench are Sifakis, Konstantinou, Beluchi, Ledesma, Pantos, Sisic, Papadopoulos.

LuaLua apparently traveled with the squad and after being asked whether he still part of the team he just grinned.

Also, basic eleven for both teams:

OSFP is getting into the game now, with some threatening balls the last few minutes.

Corner for Aris now: cleared.

Good shot by Djordjevic seconds later, saved by Kelemen. Kelemen has had a busy first fifteen minutes.

Archived