Phantis Forums

PAO's Youth / Loans

drakos13

I decided to make this thread so we can follow progress of our younger players, and particularly the ones on loan, as well as the academy's team.

Here is are the ones on loan coming back at the end of the season:

Georgios Sikalias (Ethnikos Pireas)

Michalis Vellidis (GS Diagoras Rodos)

Petros Kravaritis (AO Koropi)

Alexandros Konstantinidis (AO Koropi)

Giannis Zaradoukas (Panseraikos Serres)

Stefanos Siontis (AO Kerkyra)

Evangelos Mantzios (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Antonios Petropoulos (OFI Kreta)

apparently Gantsev was let go and is at OFI...I know hes at OFI, but does anybody know if he was really let go or is it a loan? Pliagkas is also on loan at OFI but hardly plays :tdown:

Here is PAO's youth roster (in German), it wasnt on PAO's page (big suprise)

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verein/6626...startseite.html

Does anybody know if Petropoulos will come back to PAO for the playoffs (as OFI wont be needing him?)

I decided to make this thread so we can follow progress of our younger players, and particularly the ones on loan, as well as the academy's team.

Here is are the ones on loan coming back at the end of the season:

Georgios Sikalias (Ethnikos Pireas)

Michalis Vellidis (GS Diagoras Rodos)

Petros Kravaritis (AO Koropi)

Alexandros Konstantinidis (AO Koropi)

Giannis Zaradoukas (Panseraikos Serres)

Stefanos Siontis (AO Kerkyra)

Evangelos Mantzios (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Antonios Petropoulos (OFI Kreta)

apparently Gantsev was let go and is at OFI...I know hes at OFI, but does anybody know if he was really let go or is it a loan? Pliagkas is also on loan at OFI but hardly plays :tdown:

Here is PAO's youth roster (in German), it wasnt on PAO's page (big suprise)

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verein/6626...startseite.html

Does anybody know if Petropoulos will come back to PAO for the playoffs (as OFI wont be needing him?)

To your question Petropoulos wont be able to take part in the play-offs since the Season istn competed as long as the ranking isnt official.

Ranking can only be official when the play-offs have finished.

as for Gantsev i think i have read he went for free to OFI but under the condition if PAO wants him back he can buy him.

Kirtikos is at Ethnikos Pireas

Bousinakis is at Panaitolikos

not sure if theyre loans or permanent.....anybody know?

Petropoulos rule is garbage IMO. OFI's place WILL be final this weekend. And besides, cant PAO "recall players mid season"?

as for Gantsev, he doesnt look like were going to want him from what i seen at OFI, but hes playing midfield, i always thought he was a striker?

Kirtikos is at Ethnikos Pireas

Bousinakis is at Panaitolikos

not sure if theyre loans or permanent.....anybody know?

Petropoulos rule is garbage IMO. OFI's place WILL be final this weekend. And besides, cant PAO "recall players mid season"?

as for Gantsev, he doesnt look like were going to want him from what i seen at OFI, but hes playing midfield, i always thought he was a striker?

It depends on what they agreed in the beginning. If their is a clause in the contract which allows PAO to call him back at any time then he'll be available. But it appears he was loaned out for the season: no clauses. So he'll be unavailable.

I also have:

Koutsis (Halkidona?)

Tseberidis (Ilisiakos?) 22 y.o

Stathis (Kalamaria) 21 y.o

Since this is also about the "Academy" players, here are the young ones that are already part of the pro team this season:

Dadamis

Boutzikos

Pandidos

and for the record, Ninis

And since this is about *youth*:

It's nice that Panathinaikos is developing the academy and young players, but overall, I am not in favor of filling the roster with young players. The way football has developed, we need two strong squads to have chances to succeed in the multiple competitions we are playing.

I think a good approach is to have the most promising youth follow the team in preseason, and then farm them out to other first division teams to get real playing time. I think we should bring back only those who end up being consistent and stelar with the lesser teams. They they might have a chance of competing for a starting spot at PAO.

One of the things that has been in my mind is the emphasis on developing players from within has not worked out for Panathinaikos. I would like to see one, at the most two youth players as part of the first team, but mostly I want to see some experienced stellar players in every position.

BTW, most of these young players coming out of the academy end up in oblivion. Most are not as good as advertised, so no need to go crazy every time one does not return to the team or does not see playing time. As an example, Oxyzoglou was advertized as the new Domazos.

Also, seeing these young players in a couple of friendlies in the summer means nothing about what they are really capable of doing.

It's always nice to have players grow from within that end up loving the team, but the fans are feeble, and end up mocking them (Goumobasinades is a term we all know its meaning) in the end asking for "that great international "Dekari".

I am also dismayed at the fan treatment of youth we bring from other teams. Panathinaikos fans have proven to me the worst fans in Greece this year.

Players like Tziolis came as a young talent and has established himself with PAO and the NT. But for some reason, it took only a year or so for the fans to crave "some other" player. Nevermind that the kid has contributed in one year 100 times more than Gonzales has in four. The fans will never chant his name. When he is gone, they'll beach why he was let go.

This year Dimoutsos was brought in as a 19 yo player an was immediately trusted with a starting spot, but we don't see much appreciation for this from the fans. Another youngster, Simao, 20 yo kid has played stellar games (but he is probably from the wrong country to be appreciated). He comes up to warm up against ARIS and the fans boo :nono:

Papadopoulos was one of these come-out-of-nowhere young players that succeeded despite the odds being against him. What does he get now? Everyone wants him gone, and everything he has done is attributed to someone other "overcoat" :rolleyes:

Knowing tricks with the ball, and dribbling is only a tiny part of a champion.

I also have:

Koutsis (Halkidona?)

Tseberidis (Ilisiakos?) 22 y.o

Stathis (Kalamaria) 21 y.o

Since this is also about the "Academy" players, here are the young ones that are already part of the pro team this season:

Dadamis

Boutzikos

Pandidos

and for the record, Ninis

Halkidona :huh: ??? Man theyve been Atromitos for a few years now :LOL:

As for the ones with the pro team.... Boutzikos was supposed to be good... I dont remember any of those players playing preseason (when Peseiro was playing many youth squads and players never to feature on the team like Tisi and Konstantinidis for our handful of friendlies but Boutzikos and Pantidos Dadamis who now train with the first team didnt see the field then... (did they?)

Never heard of Ninis though....

As you wrote this I added some more ranting to my post. Feel free to rant back :D

Ha, ha, I have this excel spreadsheet where I keep track of the club over the years. I "save as" for every new season, and inevitably some old info stays old. Hence the "Halkidona" post.

I think Boutzikos was with the team this summer, but I don't remember him playing either. He is a LB, and this season I don't think he was ever chosen as part of the squad. With Spyropoulos now, his role is to provide depth.

I remember being really impressed with Konstantinidis who played as an AM, and last year I was impressed with Stathis as a RB.

I was never impressed with Siontis, but both Malezani and Munoz tried him at CB where I think his height is a handicap. Tarasis said in an interview that he is a DM. What position does he play at Kerkyra?

I think Pandidos was signed in January.

As you wrote this I added some more ranting to my post. Feel free to rant back :D

Ha, ha, I have this excel spreadsheet where I keep track of the club over the years. I "save as" for every new season, and inevitably some old info stays old. Hence the "Halkidona" post.

I think Boutzikos was with the team this summer, but I don't remember him playing either. He is a LB, and this season I don't think he was ever chosen as part of the squad. With Spyropoulos now, his role is to provide depth.

I remember being really impressed with Konstantinidis who played as an AM, and last year I was impressed with Stathis as a RB.

I was never impressed with Siontis, but both Malezani and Munoz tried him at CB where I think his height is a handicap. Tarasis said in an interview that he is a DM. What position does he play at Kerkyra?

Dimoutsos is a great player and gone forgotten since Ivanschitz came back...Ivan id much rather have but Dimoutsos not even used to provide depth anymore, just dropped even though he was one of our better players first half of season...

Konstantinidis i thought he was really not special, and just played like he was really young...

My point about Boutzikos is, why didnt he get any chances in freindlies, but trains with the senior team? I mean it makes no sense, to give players who are youth players like Tsitis who blows constant games when the player wont even be training with the senior team and some that will be training with them dont get to play? Thats not helping build anything at all on a team...If youre going to play youth its fine, but play the ones that will be training with the seniors and actually a part of our season team.

As for Tziolis I dont agree with that.....Tziolis came under a different coach for one, and as a Superleague veteran. Hes not horrible, but hes not a constant starting 11 material at all....

As you wrote this I added some more ranting to my post. Feel free to rant back  :D

I think Boutzikos was with the team this summer, but I don't remember him playing either. He is a LB, and this season I don't think he was ever chosen  as part of the squad. With Spyropoulos now, his role is to provide depth.

Dimoutsos is a great player and gone forgotten since Ivanschitz came back...Ivan id much rather have but Dimoutsos not even used to provide depth anymore, just dropped even though he was one of our better players first half of season...

Konstantinidis i thought he was really not special, and just played like he was really young...

My point about Boutzikos is, why didnt he get any chances in freindlies, but trains with the senior team? I mean it makes no sense, to give players who are youth players like Tsitis who blows constant games when the player wont even be training with the senior team and some that will be training with them dont get to play? Thats not helping build anything at all on a team...If youre going to play youth its fine, but play the ones that will be training with the seniors and actually a part of our season team.

As for Tziolis I dont agree with that.....Tziolis came under a different coach for one, and as a Superleague veteran. Hes not horrible, but hes not a constant starting 11 material at all....

When i saw Tsitsi on some friendlies.. he looked very promising player... what happened to him?

• 2 months later...

The squad in Austria includes a few youngsters from the Academy:

Samos, Pantidos, and Vlahos.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Siontis is also preparing with the team in Austria, and that's all. All the other loaned players have stayed behind and probably will be farmed out. Petropoulos and Mantzios are in Austia too.

So far I know Katranas (20 y.o Defender) went to Panetolikos, Stathis (21 y.o. RB) went to Ilisiakos, Pagalis (20 y.o. D) went to Fostira.

Sarakatsanos (CB) who was on loan with Kalamaria was sold to Iraklis for 30,000 Euro.

We all know that Tsigas went to Larissa as part of the Cleyton transfer (does anyone know if it was a free transfer or a loan??)

We still have several loaned players who haver returned but are not in Austria:

Sikalias, Vellidis, Kravaritis, Konstantinidis, Zaradoukas, and Gansef.

Im sure Ganchev is still with OFI, i thought they signed him. Anyways, I think its best he stays there another season if hes ours. He will not play, no chance.

Saw Pantidos, Vlaxos, and Samios, Siontis out there today......

Pantidos was ok - hes not ready yet.

Vlaxos looked a bit creative, but he wont be for the first team. Id like to see if we can get him to a lower Superleague club, but itll likley be B Ethniki.

Samios wasnt bad.....he was better than Pantidos I thought, but hes loan material for B ethniki too.

Petropoulos only got 5 mins today so we couldnt see anything from him.

Mantzios was man of the match, hes not really youth anymore though....2 great finishes, an earned penatly (disallowed) hit the post and had some headers won in the area making shots on goal.

Dont forget, Simao is a youth too only 18 years old, he played fairly well today.

Archived