Phantis Forums

Mega Cosmos subs on DirecTV

How many did they have on dishnetwork? I bet they had 100k at least.

I doubt that any channel ever had that many. It would be interesting to know the current numbers for ANT1 and ERT, or the number of subscribers MEGA had on Dish. I am willing to bet anything that they still only have a fraction, maybe 1/4 or 1/3 at best case for them, of the number they used to have.

For the month of December MEGA Cosmos sign up 1863 subscribers. on DTV.

From December till know Mega Cosmos has 8500 subscribers

on DirecTV.

DKSat

Wow. Guess my numbers were wrong. I got to tell my promoter friend to advertise with them then. :D

For the month of December MEGA Cosmos sign up 1863 subscribers. on DTV.

From December till know Mega Cosmos has 8500 subscribers

on DirecTV.

DKSat

there was another number for December: 5500

which would bring the current number to 15 000

DKSat, are you talking about paying subscribers?

because paying subscribers of MEGA on Directv are around 850-just one zero less :whistle:...-

-----A REPLY TO HARLEM REPORTER -----

Anything that i post on this site i do my homework first. I go straight to the sources mouth DirecTV and i can back my words with documents that shows the paying 8.500 members that are register with them.

When you post i never see anything but bla bla bla . If they are close to 2000 members for the first 15 days from Dec. 1st to Dec.15th then DO YOUR MATH. If i was you i can not call my self a reporter JUST STRAIGHT HARLEM WILL DO.

When i can get the next figurers i will pass them on.

DKSat

Not neccessarily. Nobody has mentioned how many subs they had in November on dishnetwork to compare.

Exactly. There are still lots we need to know to arrive at some conclusion as to whether the move hurt or benefited MEGA, and so many more chapters to this Greek telenovella of "Globestar I Asximi." :LOL:

I doubt that any channel ever had that many. It would be interesting to know the current numbers for ANT1 and ERT, or the number of subscribers MEGA had on Dish. I am willing to bet anything that they still only have a fraction, maybe 1/4 or 1/3 at best case for them, of the number they used to have.

likos,

in the maryland-virginia area Mega had around 700 subscribers and now they have 10. (yes, TEN, I did not forget any zeros).

So, taking into account similar data from various areas as well as the statistical error (and just to be sure, I double the "error factor" ), I calculate

the number of paying subscribers of MEGA on Directv is =

between 1/30 and 1/35 of what they had on Dish.

So, when I say Mega on Directv has 850 subscribers, it is an easy equation to answer all your questions, isn't?

Harlem Reporter

PS: I insist on paying subscribers, because most of the pay-tv operators in US and Canada, both satellite and cable, give promotional, free access of all of its programs to their employees, installers etc. For a company like Direct TV, such number is between 5-10000

DKSat thanks for the information.

Those are fairly good numbers for Mega in my opinion. Their numbers will go up depending on what other Greek channels are introduced on DirecTV. If they can get a channel showing soccer games, that would increse the appeal as well.

It would be interesting to know the subscriber numbers fro Antenna & ERT on Dish. I really doubt that those numbers are over 100K for either channel. The only numbers I remember was that back around 1999 or 2000, Antenna Sat had somethink like 40,000 subscribers.

Just one clarification: I have not questioned DKsat's credibility and that the numbers mentioned by DKsat are indeed the ones provided by Globestar & Directv.

I seriously question the accuracy of the numbers given by Globestar & Directv, especially so since those numbers tend to ...float in inconsistency :whistle:

In all cases, sooner or later we will all know...

I have received information from a satellite dealer concerning Mega Cosmos subscribers on DirecTV.

According to my source, in the first 15 days on DirecTV Mega Cosmos had 1,863 installs. Additionaly for the whole month of December, Mega Cosmos had 5,200 sales and over 3,000 actual installs.

These numbers don't include VIP installs.

Ziaka,

DKsat wrote: "For the month of December MEGA Cosmos sign up 1863 subscribers. on DTV."

You wrote: "...for the whole month of December, Mega Cosmos had 5,200 sales and over 3,000 actual installs."

There is quite a difference for "the month of December" between 1863 and 5200, isn't it?

Archived