Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2007

Tsoglani

so wait what transfers are confirmed??? - done deals because we know even when theyre "as good as confirmed" they never are...

Anybody else find it stupid we seem to be shopping from the Portuguese League? Were going with the same formula again? Get foreign coach and get players of his nationality for......seriously it doesnt make a difference where the players are from or who their coach is. Because theyre Portuguese wont make a dfiference in the team or ability to coach. When Peseiro leaves this year (not trying to be skeptic, but face it this seems too familiar and statistics are NOT on his side) we have them left hopeless and lost in Greece without the whole reason they got there (their same nationality coach) for them to rot up the bench..... I mean s%$#! after so many rolls of the dice failure youd THINK wed try something different this time.......Velic and the scouting team need to get the hell out of this club. In fact id rather have a whole new management (with emphasis on the middle level) than Ronaldinho come to this team..

Hollywood Im sure the Porto you talked to was telling the truth, but I cant help but point out we get a lot of these seemingly good transfers at summer, and come fall theyre as good as Omega ethniki players as usual......its a lot harder to get excited about signings because really it doesnt seem like were doing something new...

@Tsoglani :

Theodoridis had a good year with PAOK but lets be honest he was simply not PAO material....he got a few chances and was just mediocre, and after several coaches got to see him in training and none were interested in using him....Id have to say theres some reason behind his departure.

Drakos i will wait next season when Theodoridis comes to Bundesliga and shows what he's got and then i ll come back to your quote. We can then discuss it again.

Its not only theodoridis. Take Andric for example when Munioz came he did a great game on UEFA ( i think its one of the 2 or 3 games he did this year.) . I wonder although he played good he didnt get much chances after that and instead we played Biscan and Bovio with the first beeing auwfull till the last 2 season games where he played good and Bovio only being sometimes good and the restly time mediocre. As for Theodoridis he may have played mediocre as you said but his mediocre imo was way better than the mediocrity of Tromero. So i dont really think that it was really the players fault.

Imo there are many issues behind the scenses we dont know and will only maybe hear in some years.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While you make good points here, I think at this point PAO should start from the basics....... and this is how the team plays good football. Once again, we'll have a new team, a new coach, and new managers. Have we learned from the big mistakes of the past? CAN YOU ANSWER THIS? If not, just be cautious and don't get overexcited.

To tell you the truth, I don't think anyone player can do that well at PAO if the environment sucks. Gekas (and whomever else) could not have done at PAO what he did elsewhere, because he (and the other players that left before him) went to a team that had a solid system in place, and I suppose a professional atmosphere. Gekas cannot defend, when teams scored easily on us. Gekas cannot connect the midfield and the offensive line! etc, etc. (Not to mention a demoralized bunch of people in our club...) It's a team sport, a team effort...and we lacked that! It's that simple.

What I'd like to see now? get stability and a reasonable plan together so the team will grow and start playing better, with CONSISTENCY! The rest (good results) will come later.

Once we have a solid core of players, a good club atmosphere, we can talk about plans to get to the next level. First, we have to learn how to walk.... [unfortunately, we have to start from square one, like many times before!]

While you make good points here, I think at this point PAO should start from the basics....... and this is how the team plays good football. Once again, we'll have a new team, a new coach, and new managers. Have we learned from the big mistakes of the past? CAN YOU ANSWER THIS? If not, just be cautious and don't get overexcited.

To tell you the truth, I don't think anyone player can do that well at PAO if the environment sucks. Gekas (and whomever else) could not have done at PAO what he did elsewhere, because he (and the other players that left before him) went to a team that had a solid system in place, and I suppose a professional atmosphere. Gekas cannot defend, when teams scored easily on us. Gekas cannot connect the midfield and the offensive line! etc, etc. (Not to mention a demoralized bunch of people in our club...) It's a team sport, a team effort...and we lacked that! It's that simple.

What I'd like to see now? get stability and a reasonable plan together so the team will grow and start playing better, with CONSISTENCY! The rest (good results) will come later.

Once we have a solid core of players, a good club atmosphere, we can talk about plans to get to the next level. First, we have to learn how to walk.... [unfortunately, we have to start from square one, like many times before!]

Personally, I think the team should concentrate merely on playing good football. Work on ball retention, penetration and defending as a unit. In terms of buying players, PAO desperately need a dekari to be able to open up defences and link the midfield to the strike force. Veron would be perfect or D'Allesandro. PAO also need a striker, a left winger and a left back.

I think before a "dekari", we need a DM because we don't have one (besides, personally I am not a big fun of formations with a "dekari" unless he is Zidane caliber).

Good teams are built with strong spines: A great GK, two great CBs, a great DM, and a great striker. The rest of the team can be built around them.

In my opinion right now our priority is to built that spine. One GK, one CB, one DM, and one CF.

I think before a "dekari", we need a DM because we don't have one (besides, personally I am not a big fun of formations with a "dekari" unless he is Zidane caliber).

Good teams are built with strong spines: A great GK, two great CBs, a great DM, and a great striker. The rest of the team can be built around them.

In my opinion right now our priority is to built that spine. One GK, one CB, one DM, and one CF.

Yes but dekari would play up front alongside Salpi so it wouldnt affect the spine. Besides, if we're talking of PAO's priority being getting a CL spot next year then you really need someone to break down defences.

Yes but dekari would play up front alongside Salpi so it wouldnt affect the spine. Besides, if we're talking of PAO's priority being getting a CL spot next year then you really need someone to break down defences.
I completely agree with you DUDE we need a dekari to break the defenses and we saw this clearly this year.

i heard martins has great promise but there are two main complaints...apparenlty he cannot and will not defend.i know hes an ACM but ive heard hes a defends very poorly..but mainly my concrn is injury...apparently hes had afew really bad injuries and is always out injured...with our doctors chopping him up i dont see him playing too much...if he can stay healthythough, i heard he can be a star...

i heard martins has great promise but there are two main complaints...apparenlty he cannot and will not defend.i know hes an ACM but ive heard hes a defends very poorly..but mainly my concrn is injury...apparently hes had afew really bad injuries and is always out injured...with our doctors chopping him up i dont see him playing too much...if he can stay healthythough, i heard he can be a star...

where did you get those information?

from the reports i read he is mostly not playing this year cause the problem he has with his coach.

where did you get those information?

from the reports i read he is mostly not playing this year cause the problem he has with his coach.

my portugese friend joao is a huge sporting and portugese football fan...i think he had said that he had some upper leg muscle problems..something like that..he did say that he was a driving offensive player and the fans really had a liking for him...

Ebede was officially released.

At the least he would had been a good back up goalkeeper. I don't know what's going on in the dressing room though and I can speculate that management is either trying to improve the chemistry of the team (unlikely), or they needed to release one of the three non-EU players to make room for a new signing.

Good luck to the guy. He bailed us out in several games and he deserved better.

ebede may have saved our asses ,,but go see some of those howling goals he let in too. Hes not good enough to be playing at pao,,,then again many keepers make mistakes. I seems like 1000000 yrs since we had wantzik in goal,,how times have changed :blink: :blink: :blink:

Looking at the news today I read that Tsigas went in for a CAT scan on his knee because it still bothers him. The plan is to start kicking a football in August, so it looks like he will miss the preseason.

Also in the injury department, I read a few weeks ago that Gonzales hope to be ready by October.

New names that were mentioned today as PAO targets: Richardo Costa CB, 26 yo, from Porto, and Moreto, GK from Benfica ...

By my count 19 names have been mentioned so far:

Skaloni, Bobic, Petric, Andriano, Ibson, Joao Alves, Richardo Sousa, Martins, Benalio, Ledesma, Fitanidis, Barios, Marinkovic, Protigio, Davide, Zaime, Richardo Costa, Moreto, and the one that we maybe signed, N'Doye Dame

And we are still in May :whistle: :LOL:

It's the time to sell "fyllades" ;)

Who will be this year's Saviolla? :LOL:

Seriously, why not consider some Greek talent?

Spyropoulos,

Christodoulopoulos,

Avraam Papadopoulos,

Iliadis.

Has anyone heard their actual value?

I was told the first two may cost over 2 mill. Euro!!!... :o

PEACE

It's the time to sell "fyllades" ;)

Who will be this year's Saviolla? :LOL:

Seriously, why not consider some Greek talent?

Spyropoulos,

Christodoulopoulos,

Avraam Papadopoulos,

Iliadis.

Has anyone heard their actual value?

I was told the first two may cost over 2 mill. Euro!!!... :o

PEACE

Xristodoulopoulos has a new contract with PAOK with has a buy off of 5 000 000 Euros for any greek team that wants him. So i doubt any of the greek teams will bother anymore about him this season.

Xristodoulopoulos has a new contract with PAOK with has a buy off of 5 000 000 Euros for any greek team that wants him. So i doubt any of the greek teams will bother anymore about him this season.

Thanks Tsoglani, I just read that:

kontra.gr

PEACE

Archived