Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2007

Tsoglani

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

between Biscan, Seric,Antonsson,Nilsson salaries being deducted & the possibility of CL money... there should be plenty of money to splash around.... Lets not kid outselves.... We've got some great discounts with some young talent, we need to keep some of the players we have , Ivansich & Bovio & go out & sign a quality players that will help us in the CL

between Biscan, Seric,Antonsson,Nilsson salaries being deducted & the possibility of CL money... there should be plenty of money to splash around.... Lets not kid outselves.... We've got some great discounts with some young talent, we need to keep some of the players we have , Ivansich & Bovio & go out & sign a quality players that will help us in the CL

Very well said!

only thing that I disagree is about Nilsson. The guy has finally started to find his steps and his role in the team.

We should keep Nilson and Bovio only. Romero, Victor (injured, no play) and the Croat gang should let go. We need to invest in 2-3 good defensive players, before we do anything else. Goumas (I love this guy for his ethos and passion and contributions) but he's getting old, especially for his position.

Btw, I would also get rid of those who brought in all that expensive garbage.

I read that Ivan's old team that loaned him to PAO is asking for 4.2 mill euros for us to buy him :blink: Although I think he is a great player would you guys want him at that price and furthermore do you think Tziger is gonna pay that price? I wouldn't mind 2.5-3mill for him but 4mill is pushing it.

I read that Ivan's old team that loaned him to PAO is asking for 4.2 mill euros for us to buy him :blink: Although I think he is a great player would you guys want him at that price and furthermore do you think Tziger is gonna pay that price? I wouldn't mind 2.5-3mill for him but 4mill is pushing it.

:LOL: Are they on crack??? For that money you could bring a much better player!! I thought you owned him?

:LOL: Are they on crack??? For that money you could bring a much better player!! I thought you owned him?

i saw this happening for sure...salzburg would not let this guy go for less then 4 mill and to be honest they are right not too..to be frank i think your wrong ethnikists...your spending 5 million for dudu who has the same potential level and skill (differnt positions in mind) as ivan...ivanscitz is the captain of the national team(at 23) and his talent, skill and potential is worth the 5 million in my opinion...5 million is not that much in european transfers today..it is a standard price for a player of his caliber...he has been a great asset to us and he can only get better..he has the leadership of a captian and the skill to create on offense and i would keep him for sure...whether or not tzgger will cough up the money im not sure, but in 2 or 3 years could see him being a wonderful investment..i dont think we could pick up another player of his level and potential for less then 4 mill and if we do it would be a steal...

i agree... its time for Greek teams to understand that the wages in soccer have gone up...

Getting a good player for 4 mil is a bargain...it was expensive maybe 5-6 yrs ago.. not today

The issue is not that 4 million is too much to spend its just that a better player could be brought in instead for that amount imo. He's good, but nothing special. For example Ivan de la Pena from Espanyol could be signed for less and imo is a better player, etc. However, there is the issue of his age. Ivan is young, if PAO can sign him on a 4 year deal then its worth it but if its your typical Greek deal of 2 seasons with an option of a 3rd then its too much. So in short, I dont doubt his talent and potential but it all depends on his contract, if it will be short then there are better short term solutions.

when we loaned him, wasnt there an agreement between both clubs that if pao were happy with the player they could sign him for a certain amount???

how can a team go back on a deal and ask for more, its a contract!! once both partys agree u jst cant change ur mind and ask for more...

i agree... its time for Greek teams to understand that the wages in soccer have gone up...

Getting a good player for 4 mil is a bargain...it was expensive maybe 5-6 yrs ago.. not today

The issue is not that 4 million is too much to spend its just that a better player could be brought in instead for that amount imo. He's good, but nothing special. For example Ivan de la Pena from Espanyol could be signed for less and imo is a better player, etc. However, there is the issue of his age. Ivan is young, if PAO can sign him on a 4 year deal then its worth it but if its your typical Greek deal of 2 seasons with an option of a 3rd then its too much. So in short, I dont doubt his talent and potential but it all depends on his contract, if it will be short then there are better short term solutions.
i dont think we can buy a player that can offer us as much as ivanscitz for the money we are paying taking everything into account... unless we get them on a free transfer..i think most fans will agree..

My view is that there's a huge mismanagement in Greek football, so no matter who you bring [and, let's face it, no superstar will come to Greece to play today], it won't really matter.

The building is rotten, so some fresh paint or even good workers won't/can't do much. PAO cannot compete with the salaries ($10 mil. and up) of the big euro teams anyway, though the sub-$ 1mil. is a thing of the past, I agree. Do you honestly think very good and expensive players [how many can you really afford???!!] will be the solution?

I say fix the system. Open, professional with academies and infrastructure, and with the right people in the right positions. The rest will come. Putting some "saltsa" se bagiatiko fagito will only mascarade the ugly reality underneath. :whistle:

My view is that there's a huge mismanagement in Greek football, so no matter who you bring [and, let's face it, no superstar will come to Greece to play today], it won't really matter.

The building is rotten, so some fresh paint or even good workers won't/can't do much. PAO cannot compete with the salaries ($10 mil. and up) of the big euro teams anyway, though the sub-$ 1mil. is a thing of the past, I agree. Do you honestly think very good and expensive players [how many can you really afford???!!] will be the solution?

I say fix the system. Open, professional with academies and infrastructure, and with the right people in the right positions. The rest will come. Putting some "saltsa" se bagiatiko fagito will only mascarade the ugly reality underneath. :whistle:

In terms of long term success I agree with you, but a team doesnt need a great youth academy to acheive short term success. Besides, I thought PAO prides itself on the young talents it produces? And since all your players are young why do you need more youth players in the short term? In the very least you need a big play maker and 2 full backs. If Ivan is going to be your no.1 play maker then forget winning the league next year.

Fernandez (paok- GK)  :nw:

Duser (la coruna- arentinian, 28yo)

is this a rumour or jst what u wnt?
etsi lene oi efimerides.. kai malista gia ton fernandez o pao dinei 1 million!

In terms of long term success I agree with you, but a team doesnt need a great youth academy to acheive short term success. Besides, I thought PAO prides itself on the young talents it produces? And since all your players are young why do you need more youth players in the short term? In the very least you need a big play maker and 2 full backs. If Ivan is going to be your no.1 play maker then forget winning the league next year.

No, I agree with you. Obviously we need those players you mentioned, but you know I'm tired of seeing so much garbage being sold for treasure, and greek teams being punished in euro play.

I think that most fans would enjoy a nice, professional domestic league, even if our favorite team would lose more often and not get as many titles.

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=44320

apprently we have an offer from besiktas for 5 million for biscan...sell him, use that money to buy ivanscitz permanently...

That has to be the biggest BS ive ever heard...

the guys contract is expiring at the end of the year, why would a team pay 5 million for a piece of crap especially since they could get him for free...

I think some guys got something wrong about the 5 000 000 for Biscan.

They are not meant to be for PAO since as already mentioned his contract runs out this summer. Besictas is offering the money to Biscan as salary for 3 years.

This means he would get approximately about more than 1 500 000 a year which as far as i know he gets at PAO.

Archived