Phantis Forums

Restructuring

The2ndMouse

I believe that AEK should try and rebuild the Squad now.

We have some experienced yet very old and somehow injury prone players especially in the back. We also lack any options in the Defence Right, Left, or Center. A Goaly could also help, but I always liked Michailidis and I hope he can make it.

We should build a good squad on the Backbone consisting of

Michailidis

Moras

Kapsis

Katsouranis

Lakis

Lymbaropoulos

Okkas

With the help of Tsiartas, Zagorakis, Borbokis and some more only for the younger ones who will come is to have an ostacle to overcome and learn and become new payers.

I want AEK to go to Europe and fight the Biggest teams in the world face to face and not pull strings to get out there for the prize money while a discracefuul show is being put up afterwards.

The new ground can help. The period leading to it can as well serve as a restructuring period for the squad also.

Exactly..... :) As I was the only one anti-Xiotis here on Phantis... and this since February 2002 (when I saw him playing for the first time)... facing "hundreds" Xiotis admirers...... B)

I would not be surprised if Xiotis plays next saison in the 3rd Greek Division....... also there, he would not belong to the best goalkeepers there.......

its time that tsevas, thanos, toskas, portoulidis, arereally given chances!!

don't wait till they are 25!! you are wasting them!!

we have home grown talent, and yet they search elsewhere-- maybe because the homegrown doesn't bring the miza, but petrovix kai sia do?

My intent was not to comment on the match but, rather, to point out that AEK probably had and has serious problems that defy simple solutions. Read if you can the Eleytherotypia article. I do not know how right/wrong the journalist is (it is a very pessimistic article) but I think the article is worth reading. I hope the journalist engaged in hyperbole because the picture he paints is truly disheartening.

No problem man......but at least the the journalist could have wrote...that the Goal of Kalithea was smelling very strong to offside......

Nevertheless it's true that we have serious problems......but on a good pitch like in Ano Ilosia..we could win all the games........

This is football...and especially here counts the phrase......Everything is on move...

• 2 weeks later...

The Bajevic Story is based on a totally different level, and YES! As I said looong time before he came he should not have returned. And Yes, last summer it would have been great if he walked out.

We will discuss this next summer once more (at least from my part)

However, the player departures and AEK closing the door on players complaining about wages, thus forcing them out was to be expected once the Football Ground got the goahead!

I am also sure that the list of Bajevic must be full of young talented players ready to offer AEK more for less money. But One thing that worries me was the 3,5 year contract to Konstantinidis. Not bad for a rotation (or better second rate rotation) player. Always a fighter despite his lack on pure class. I can see how he can still help the team ... BUT 3,5 years is way too much! :( Unless AEK sees they have proposals for him to be sold abroad and lok to capitalise on it (In the summer Bolton were among those interested)...

I am convinced now that those expecting to walk like saviours into AEK are agreeing to devaluing the team and diminishing the debts before they jump to the forefront.

AEK;s turning point must be somewhere close to the time the Football ground will be reaching completion in Conjuction with the state going ahead and minimising AEK debts.

The Brits have been conned out of AEK big time... ;)

Your a tough man Dimitri......I honestly beleive that Yiatro can offer us something, something more than that rotation that you speak of. I think he was one of the guys who turned our season around for that one month period before he was benched.

Fairs fair.......he hasnt been given a chance to say whether he will be a match-winner or not. Christ he has played 17minutes of CL football which is harsh considering he was in form when we were playing CL. Thats poor management.

I do agree with you Kosta but I am just questioning the length of the contract.

If given more chances the Doc can give more for sure. He has always been a good provider of 100% performances for his abilities. But his abilities are somehow limited for we expect and want AEK to be.

Honour to the lad for being 100% commited but he is not young anymore. Also to his honour, he did become a doctror while keeping his place in the roster of an A division Club, but he is not getting any younger and his margin for improvement might be little.

Anyway. I once thought the same about Kapsis and he proven me totaly wrong with the help of Dusan who despite my desire to see him off AEK he still has the ability to get the best out of players when the circumstances allow it.

I would prefer a 1+1 contract with the Doc and finding new young players to cover the gaps and possibly make some key players for a better AEK future.

I like Konstantinidis but he would be perfect for a Smaller A division Club. And we HAVE seen him more in the Santos days and last year under Dusan. Dont forget that!

He never got a run last year under Dousan.....yet with Santos he played frequently and if I am not mistaken the lad finished with 12 goals which is a decent return.

Personally I think hes between a stop-gap player and regular starter but he will ensure that we get through with 3 points when we need to rest players in certain stlye matches in the league.

The length of the contract is probably wrong, but I think for what he is he can do the job. I think he is the type of player who keeps the squad on its toes. Someone is playing bad, bench them and put the Docter in. He has the ability to do things and influence relatively medium sized matches. I think the Aris game was an example of this.

Original,

I agree with you here... The doctor is not a player with great skill or finesse... He is just a hard working player that always gives 100%. As far as I am concerned he is like Goergeas. Working hard.

He is a player that you want in those tough games against smaller, scrappier, "pack in the defense" type teams.

AEK is in need of some brave men that will make brave decision.

As I see it, AEK needs to get rid of atleast 2/3 of it's roster.

I really can't understand why the Doc and Georgeas was renewed.

Bajevic, since he doesn't have the dignity (what?) to resign, he should be fired.

Look at PAOK, they might have lost their best players, but they have come back even stronger with a team that gives 110% percent.

They don't have the fancy players the big Athens 3 have but they work hard and have an inspiration and belief in their coach and strengths.

That is what AEK is missing the most...an inspiration.

right now, the roster is the last hting on my mind.

we have more important things that have to happen to the team, than to worry about whether or not georgeas or maladenis stay or go.

whatever happens, i doubt that the winter transfer period will bring serious changes.

first we have to worry about our Arena being built, this will precipitate all other changes, including ownership/management changes, which are far more crucial.

unfortenately, the sports issues for our team are currently of secondary, and even tertiary inportance right now, as sad as that is. and the bottom line is i couldn;t care less who comes or goes

EXO KSENEROSEI TELEIOS

Actually as Kostas points out, the Arena signalled a cut in all expenses and we really should expect more player unrest and departures.

I do agree that the Doc is useful, but not for the next 3 years. At least not unless he proves so and conscequently earn the renewal by the team! If not for anything else smaller contractr do provide an aditional incentive to players like Konstantinidis who are lucky to offer their serviss to AEK just because AEK are stuck to Footballing Middle Ages Financially and in terms of Infrastructure!

What can I do with konstantinidis if tomorrow he sits on his fat contract refusing to move unless compensated, if the Arena is ready and we deperatelly need for new player blood?

Besides this I DO believe the man is useful and I do thank him for all he is offering to the team.

The man should play as a back........ I say it for the x-time.......like I was insisting on Xiotis as a lonesome wolf........ a try is worth............he has many qualities...for a modern back........

If I would be the AEK Coach.....you would see a bit different AEK team...and a playing attitude........and I would have more points than Bajevic....... B)

Archived