Phantis Forums

Skoda Ksanthi - PAO

MadBoy13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one will be a tough contest. Xanthi is a good team but if we want to accomplish anything this year we need to steal three points even if we score half a goal.

Olympiakos plays in Touba, Aek hosts Atromitos and I have a feeling they will both lose points :tup: If we don't win in Xanthi we mind as well go on rebuilding mode, focus on UEFA cup, bench anyone who will be gone this summer and prepare for next year.

Salpigidis might not start because he has a bruised thigh, but <sarcasm> hurray! </sarcasm> Nilsson returns from a four game suspension for telling a ref to f----off. Darlas, Seric, Gonzales, Kotsios are out for sure.

I think we will escape 1-2.

----------------Ebede----------------

Vintra---Goumas--Morris--Leontiou

Ninis----Tziolis----Victor---Romero

--------Tsigas--Papadopoulos-------

Of course we must win, because this is a day when gavroi may lose points in Touba, so we'll have an opportunity to narrow the gap. However, we're the only ones to blame... Look at the games we lost this season.... most against lesser teams. Pathetic.

I think if we don't win, regardless of what gavroi do, it's over. So, like Cyberfish says, time to re-build (once again) and get rid of the garbage on our roster. At least I think Munoz can make a better team..... [if he doesn't leave in the summer]

... Look at the games we lost this season.... most against lesser teams.  Pathetic.

History will show that we lost to Ionikos at home, but in a few years not many people will remember how dead of a team Ionikos was this season... "pathetic" is not an exaggeration this year.

Every year the same thing. The team starts flat as a soggy pancake and around January we get our hopes up playing catch up.

We need a coach that will have this team ready to play on day one. I have never seen this discussed, but Bajevic seemed to me to understand the importance of winning early. He prepared his teams in a way that they were flying in the beginning, and when they lost steam, their momentum was enough to cary them to the end of the season. (note this is not an endorsement to change coaches, it's just an example).

It's like F1. You can fill the car up with gas to cary you the whole race but you will find yourself playing catch up, and hope that the leaders have lousy pit stops. In our case, we had one too many pit stops.

We always start lousy, and by the time we reach form we end up playing catch up with low morale and new coaches.

Summer prep is everything and it involves the whole technical team and management, not just the coach.

This one will be a tough contest. Xanthi is a good team but if we want to accomplish anything this year we need to steal three points even if we score half a goal.

Olympiakos plays in Touba, Aek hosts Atromitos and I have a feeling they will both lose points :tup: If we don't win in Xanthi we mind as well go on rebuilding mode, focus on UEFA cup, bench anyone who will be gone this summer and prepare for next year.

Salpigidis might not start because he has a bruised thigh, but <sarcasm> hurray! </sarcasm> Nilsson returns from a four game suspension for telling a ref to f----off. Darlas, Seric, Gonzales, Kotsios are out for sure.

I think we will escape 1-2.

----------------Ebede----------------

Vintra---Goumas--Morris--Leontiou

Ninis----Tziolis----Victor---Romero

--------Tsigas--Papadopoulos-------

tsigkas is injured... :tdown:

20 minute before the game report:

This is how we play:

----------------Galinovic----------------

Nilsson---Goumas--Morris--Vintra

Ninis----Tziolis----Leontiou---Romero

--------Salpigidis--Mantzios-------

7/10 Greek, young players. Nilsson (Vintra as a LB). Salpigidis starts.

All the big signings of the last two years benchec: Victor, Ivanschitz, Bovio, Biscan, Antonsson

Pame Gera :box:

the game is on http://live.supersport.gr/ for 5 Euro.

yeah, he had a couple of good saves.

End of first half. This is our best first half in a long time. Everyone is doing well, we've had many chances. Our players haslte to the ball and move on the field with ease.

Xanthi looks bad. They have problems exchanging passes and they are a step slower than Pao. They are very carefull to keep the numbers on defence and hope to strike on the counter-attack, but they rarely go pass midfield.

Everyone is doing very well. If we continue like this in the second half we will be fine.

Archived