Phantis Forums

Skoda Ksanthi - PAO

MadBoy13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MONOTERMA!!!!!! KAI 0-0.. paei kai to protathlima fetos... january 20 and we will be watching from a distance.

unbelievable complete domination.

After ninis and romero came out, pao slowed up abit.

Papadopoulos has done nothing to merit the new contract he signed in the offseason.

i hate to say it but vyntra was not bad at LB. but then again the whole team played amazing.

this is a game where a guy like salva would have netted a few easy tap ins.

the sync was a little off in the crosses between strikers. one would go in and the other would fall back just enough to not be able to reach the cross.

what can u do. if they would have played like this all year, we would be looking behind us instead of tryin to catch up.

later skaters

MONOTERMA!!!!!! KAI 0-0.. paei kai to protathlima fetos... january 20 and we will be watching from a distance.

unbelievable complete domination.

After ninis and romero came out, pao slowed up abit.

Papadopoulos has done nothing to merit the new contract he signed in the offseason.

i hate to say it but vyntra was not bad at LB. but then again the whole team played amazing.

this is a game where a guy like salva would have netted a few easy tap ins.

the sync was a little off in the crosses between strikers. one would go in and the other would fall back just enough to not be able to reach the cross.

what can u do. if they would have played like this all year, we would be looking behind us instead of tryin to catch up.

later skaters

gia ton Vyntra symfono 100%... kai mena mou fanike oti ta pige arketa kala gia LB!

That's why we should be winning games against Ionikos and Kerkyra, because sometimes we will have games like this one.

This was by far our overall best game of the season (that I have watched), playing well for beginning to end. We had enough chances to win but we failed to score. Xanthi was bunched up on defense and did a good job keeping our strikers in check.

Galinovic was solid when needed, and should had brought his binoculars, because for the most part the ball was played on the other end of the field. Galinovic seems to clear the crosses and high balls with a little more authority than Ebede and I think that's the reason he found his way in the starting eleven again.

Nilsson did a serviceable job defensively and the same goes for Vintra, but neither helped offensively in a game that our fullbacks spend most of the time in the opponents end of the field. Overall though I thought Vintra did a good job on the left, and I would had replaced Nilsson instead of Ninis, but if Xanthi had scored you guys would be screaming at me :P

Goumas was good but he missed three chances to score.

Morris was solid on defense, and Tziolis had a very good game in midfield. He did look tired towards the end, but he did a lot of running and was left all alone at the end.

Leontiou started well but he looked a bit slow towards the end of the first half and had many errant passes. He showed that he is a better choice than Bovio though. He was replaced by Ivanschitz who had did not do much either (only played 14 minutes), if anything with Leontiou and Romero out Xanthi found some corridors to run at our defense late in the game.

Ninis was very carefully defended and he did not have the space to run at opponents. He had a good game though, and his replacement Victor was not as good.

Romero also did a good job on the left, but just like Ninis on the right, did not find ways to break down the defense. He was replaced by Papadopoulos who did not do anything noteworthy.

Salpigidis had an ok game and missed the best chance when he won the ball from the defender on the left corner of the box and send a curling shot over the keeper, only to see it deflected by the right post. It was one of these shots that would had been a beautiful goal, but he was unlucky by maybe 1cm. He run and fought hard, but he did not score.

Mantzios had a very good game as a striker and his skill with the ball kept the entire Xanthi defense on its hills.

Munoz fielded a good team and did the right thing with the subsitudes, but he can't score from the bench. He is a joy to watch on the sidelines and as I watch the team develop I am beginning to think that he can turn this into a very good team if he stays next year. He does not seem to care about names and plays those who deserve.

As a team we looked very controlled and pushed the ball forward from every possible angle. We also looked fast, but I suspect Xanthi was just slow. Defensively, we pressed high, and won the ball before Xanthi could reach midfield. In the last ten minutes we risked and almost conceded a goal. Another opponent would had scored for sure, but Xanthi did not look capable. The chances Xanthi had came more as a result of Pao risking and playing a 4-2-4 (more like 4-1-5) towards the end with a tired Tziolis and Victor as the DMs.

If we play like this it's going to be a good season from now on, but I don't see how we can cover the difference from the top in the remaining games unless what we saw of Xanthi (a Lemonis creation) is what we will see from Olympiakos from now on.

Noteworthy is that the entire stadium cheered Ninis when he was replaced.

I forgot to mention something I noticed.

It's obvious that since Munoz came, Pao seems to deliver free-kicks according to a pre-practiced plan. The problem is we don't score and even though we have several tall players we rarely win headers from corners, crosses, or free-kicks.

Manzios is wonderful to watch with the ball at his feet, but the way he positions himself and jumps for headers is his weak spot. He needs to work at it. Tziolis is also tall, but can't win any headers either, and most headers from corners are won by morris and goumas.

Maybe they are overthinking the freekicks, but it's an area that if we improve, we can double our goal production easily (which doesn't say much when you can's score at all).

Look, I don't mind this game, because I see the team did what it was supposed to in a very strong home like Xanthi's. Cyberfish is right for pointing out that it's the stupid games that hurt us, again and again.

It's very difficult to make up the lost ground and impossible if gavroi win tomorrow at PAOK. Assuming we beat them and they lose to AEK (doubtful) they still hold the advantage. Although, I think OLY is at a very critical moment at this time. A couple really bad results (like PAS G.) and their team could unravel. Anyway, we have to keep improving our game, let Munoz settle the team, and get rid of the garbage on the roster. I hope the fans aren't looking for big transfer names... just to create a few temporary impressions!

oly will win tomorrow. so will aek we will then be 8 an 2 points away respectively from the champions league spots. however, if our play improves and we get the results, i dont see how the other two will win more games then us. they have just as hard or tougher schedule then us. itll all come down to the derbys.

oly will win tomorrow. so will aek we will then be 8 an 2 points away respectively from the champions league spots. however, if our play improves and we get the results, i dont see how the other two will win more games then us. they have just as hard or tougher schedule then us. itll all come down to the derbys.

Niko, they don't have to win more games than us. They can afford to. Winning the 2 matches against a major opponent of ours nets us 12 points. We've gotten 6 already, but even if we get another 6 (at Pireas) we'd need other teams to cut points from gavroi.. assuming we win ours.

its not 3 points, but after looking/hearing how we played, its really just as good. If we can play all the time like that the results will come but somedays football is football...

very pleased to see the lineup with Gkoumas back in it :tup: not to mention seeing that we had about 5-6 youth players out their was also good news...

Sorry but some people have said a great performance ....an improve on other disgracefull efforts ...i.e at kerkira at paris etc etc etc....OK but what is end result?????? 0-0 against a team who hasnt lost in 2 yrs at home..Thats not good enough as far as im concerned. Xanthi was there last nite to be belted ,,,,,and im not saying a 1-0 result,,,a good 5-0 hammering. Omada tis plakas id u ask me like many other teams in this bourdeloleague. We havent got finishers in this team,,,,the last pass to strikers was pathetic. Like many frustrated supporters im sad to say but ijaak soums team is better than this garbage team full of x spanish league hasbeens and other unwanted washed up foreigners who are here just to make a quick buck before they return to their homeland

Sorry but some people have said a great performance ....an improve on other disgracefull efforts ...i.e at kerkira at paris etc etc etc....OK but what is end result?????? 0-0 against a team who hasnt lost in 2 yrs at home..Thats not good enough as far as im concerned. Xanthi was there last nite to be belted ,,,,,and im not saying a 1-0 result,,,a good 5-0 hammering. Omada tis plakas id u ask me like many other teams in this bourdeloleague. We havent got finishers in this team,,,,the last pass to strikers was pathetic. Like many frustrated supporters im sad to say but ijaak soums team is better than this garbage team full of x spanish league hasbeens and other unwanted washed up foreigners who are here just to make a quick buck before they return to their homeland

Personally I don't get terribly upset if we don't win. I get very upset if we don't play well. I can't blame the players for this tie, because they gave 100% on the field.

Ties and losses are in the game and they happen when we play well, just as wins come when we play lousy.

This championship was lost in against Ionikos, Aris, and Kerkyra. Spotting your opponents 8 points with less than half season to go puts you at improbable odds to win. I think last time we did this was with, Gorski. So winning now is good but building a team is more important. I think most of us had good things to say, because this is the kind of game we expected to play all along and we hope that this is a sign of things to come.

You do have a point about the "washed up" players. I, along with everyone else, thought that all the young players we have needed two or three stars to guide them. After the Xanthi game where every big signing of the last three years was on the bench, I realized that the "kids" can do better without them. Often times, enthusiasm and ambition can make up for lack of experience.

There is much room for improvement, and you observation about the "the last pass to strikers was pathetic" is spot on why we did not win. Either the last pass was lousy, or the pass fell in a place where a striker should had been.

let me get this straight in the end of the week, instead of pao making up ground (excellent chance) they lost ground with a good performence...

lets jst pack our bags, the race is over, were gonna finish 3rd and lose to Paok next week...

thats the difference between oly and pao they can play s%$#! and get the result while we will play good and still not get the results...

hold on, amigo...

Having seen how terrible we've been over the many years, this is something to be happy about--if it lasts. We see our team putting some very good effort and playing like a ..team!

I can't prove it, obviously, but I believe had we been playing like this since day 1, we'd be ahead by several points by now. [ionikos & Kerkira would have had 3 fewer point today..... just to mention 2 games where we deservingly lost]

Of course, there is a philosophical difference among the fans. Many see their team as a sort of an identity and deeply they don't care much about the sport, just winning nothing more. What they don't understand is that winning comes from being a good team with lasting power.

Some of us like the sport beyond our beloved team, and we want to see good football played. We like to see the collective effort, the combinations, the individual brilliant play, the goals, and, yes, winning. I happen to think that a team we saw in the second half against Paok and the whole game against Xanthi is the best HOPE for PAO to build upon and become a dominant team in Greece and a serious contender in Europe.

Because luck goes 50-50, the rest is up to you. You play bad you lose more often; you play good you win more often AND you learn how to control YOUR OWN future!

I agree with the fans that see quality of play, as more important than winning.

Some of our 1-0 wins have been sooo ugly, I would rather watch this PAO team play well and tie.

Two things give me hope after a long time.

Our young players are worth the playing time Munioz gives them :tup:

MUNIOZ proves to me, week after week, he is a keeper.

The best coach PAO has had since Markarian or Kyrastas.

NOT only does he know when and who to play, he also has the B@@ls to play the Greek kids over the overpaid foreign multimillionaire garbage :nw:

Tsigas and Ninis are proof, that seniority, name or pay scale, are unimportant to Munioz. PASSION and hard work win games!!!

PEACE

forgive me for being negative but im still not convinced...

Every year Pao play some good patches in the season and its the same users who come here stating the same BS such as; "were playing good football now", "the team is starting to come together" "i belive this time pao will continue playing good football"

But in the end its all BS, the team falls from grace and plays s%$#! all over again... ive lost hope, this team is doomed mark my words, were not even going to get close to Aek for second (assuming aek finishes second)!!!

remember this year when pao won 7 games in a row including against oly and everyone here (including my self) started to belive that we had turned a corner only to be kicked to the curb with a few disgracefull performences later??

Pao is a piss poor team, atleast when aek play s%$#! or oly play s%$#! they still get the result they need unlike pao who get disgraced by Kerkya and lonikos :tdown:

ill make a bet with anyone here that after a couple of good performences will drop like s%$#! again...

You know why?? because thats Pao's new culture :nono:

P.S how can people be optimistic about the Uefa cup when we struggle in our league against teams like Kerkyra and lonikos?

im soooo dis-hearted with this s%$#! excuse of a team :tdown:

HOLLYWOOD TA LES SOSTA,,,this rubbish has been going on for 10 god damn yrs, where people find aisodoksia I dont know. Id be happy if the boys played well and got the results. The league title we got with soum ok was deservedly so but the other teams were a bourdello just like they are now,,,,and we cannot shake it now with better players on paper (but not on the field). Ok we played well with xanthi ,,,,,,,but ti na xairoumaste gia to X. If this is turning point in yr,,,,,,,i doubt it is. All those people making ekdromes are arrostoi,,,many many friends of mine from greenwebfans ta paratisane 2 yrs ago,,,and refuse even to discuss this sad excuse of a team,, they talk about basket becasue they make them proud. What have we got to show for 10 yrs??????? 1 title tis plakas ,,,,,4 solid diakrisis in europe ,,,,and now in the last 4 yrs our reputation in europe has been raped by management who couldnt manage a circus. Sad times if u ask me. THis ridiculous mentality has to change. Opios paiktis na feroune ta idia s**** tha kanoun. There has to be more to it than what we speculate. Either too many foreigners on this team or tzigger and his wanke.r friends are just plain incompetant baboons

Archived