Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Bananas

Members
  • Posts

    4,036
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Bananas

  1. Now I’m worried. If jvc is agreeing with me things must be off.
  2. Based on how we've negotiated in the past why wouldn't they try it on ? Time to stop these shenanigans. It doesn't help that the club allows the rumours to fester.
  3. I still don't understand why we sold him so cheap. If you want lessons on how not to get a good price just learn from PAOK.
  4. I had enough! 10 minutes in and the pyjamas are coming off!
  5. Sometimes I just don't "get" life. I really thought Giannoulis would be a part of the team for 2018/2019. He had a very solid season at Atromitos. Can't really ask for more from the kid. Besides there is no depth at LB. Only Vieirinha. Crespo doesn't count as he's just a backup player for the position. I can see it now. Vieirinha will get injured and the headlines will be "PAOK priority is for LB at winter transfer window".
  6. Mak is gone, Prijovic likely to go, Warda who knows if he'll come and chase players wives. Campos to Turkey ? Pelkas I'm sure has the attention of clubs. Stability ? I hope we don't change it up too much.
  7. Shikabala ha ha. Isn't he like 50 years old now ?
  8. Not even for 10 million I don't want to sell Prijovic! I hope he stays at PAOK for another 3 seasons and we get one more striker of similar quality. For too long we have suffered with strikers of not enough quality. We hit the jackpot with Prijovic. We were lucky he came from a league no one really pays attention to and he hadn't "clicked" yet. If Prijovic was at the level he is now back then I don't believe we would've been able to get him because other clubs would've swooped in. Anyway we'll see what happens.
  9. Είσαστε ανώμαλοι. That's why I love you guys.
  10. Are we playing hard ball with Zenit over Mak to try and get him cheaper ? Just sign the guy already at half price and you’ve still made a profit. Seriously.
  11. Matos, Mauricio, Hacheridi, Shakhov are locks. Shakhov I can see this being his last season but he has a place right now as a super sub and a fairly reliable rotation player. So it’s out of Henrique and Wards then. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this as I’ve always liked Henrique’s craziness and x factor. If I was the opposition he’s exactly the sort of player I don’t want coming off the bench. I suppose it also comes down to how Wards plays in the WC. If he has a good game or two clubs will come a knocking. I love how after a World Cup clubs go stupid based on one or two performances.
  12. That video looks CRAZY. Gotta say our media department does some great work. I feel like running and yelling now only it’s 11:00 pm here in Austria and I’m in my pyjamas.
  13. This is where it gets fuzzy. Take Shakhov who is from Ukraine. Ukraine is not part of the EU but I believe for UEFA's purposes Ukraine is not counted as a non-EU nation. If I have this wrong, then Xatseridi just took up a slot as he's from Ukraine.
  14. You're such a nerd! I love it ha ha. :)
  15. A part of me wants Prijovic to get no game time to increase the chances of him staying with us next season. And then there's that part of me that hopes he just kills it.
  16. Does anyone have any idea of who (a) how many non-EU players are allowed in the GSL and (b) who our non-EU players are ? From what I can tell, the limit is 5 and currently we have Rey, Matos, Mauricio but this seems wrong. I'm sure there is one more player I'm missing.
  17. Crespo held the defence together most of last season. Varela was all over the place last season and he was barely fit. Overweight and all over the place mentally. It wasn't until Varela woke up this year that he went ahead of Crespo in the pecking order. We forget what the quality of our defenders was not too long ago, Katsikas, Vitor, Tzavellas. Not that they were absolutely horrible, but I'll take Crespo over all of them any day of the week. Happy to have him (a) as a backup (b) for rotation (c) to keep the pressure on in case Varela or Xatseridi get complacent.
  18. Honestly, I'd keep all four. Having a backup of Crespo's quality, you can't ask for more. I know he get heckled a lot but I've always rated him. The only bad thing about having these 4 is there is no room for developing a younger player.
  19. Don't buy it. He's on like 800K with us. He's just won his first trophies in his career. He's at a team that is investing and is every chance of winning the league. And importantly, he's a regular starter and liked by the manager. For him to leave, man, they must be offering his some serious money.
  20. Looks like Xatseridi has signed. http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/ypegrapse-ston-paok-o-xatserinti.5214150.html @Yiankos do you think he's any better than Crespo ?
  21. Yeah I'm not concerned on if Savvidis can finance it. 10 million a year out of his pocket is in all likelihood not a big deal. I'm thinking more about what PAOK can afford if it the club had to stand on its own. I mean the wages bill is just enormous these days. Before Savvidis most of the squad were on between 100K - 200K. A few players over that and maybe one or two 300+. Now, it's just crazy. At least for PAOK anyway.
  22. So Savvidis is going to put in 11 million more euros according to http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/mono-amk-11-100-000-eyrw-sthn-pae-paok.5213982.html. So is this the amount we are in the "red" by this season ? One has to wonder at what point this becomes unsustainable. Incidentally, is there a way to find out PAOK's finances for previous seasons ?
  23. Not only that, but our overall squad level has improved to the point where it's very difficult to see the loan players ever making it. Players like Kitsiou, Charisis, Mystakidis (sorry pash) no problem two years ago. They were squad players or even starters. Now ? A bit hard to see them getting any game time at all.
  24. It just seems bizarre. End of the day it doesn't matter how many teams you have in the league, how you structure it, if you have play-offs or not. What matters is getting fans to the ground and this sort of superficial tinkering does nothing. Better grounds, safer grounds, family friendly, no more alitia is what will improve the league. Not this rubbish.
  25. Would be the first sensible transfer Arsenal has made in defence in many years. For reasons unknown Wenger forgot (maybe he's getting senile) part of what made his "Invincibles" team so invincible. It was that he had players that could be brutes if required. Keown, Campbell, Parlour, Vieira. These guys can give kicks as well as take a kick. Wenger tried to build a Barcelona type of team which is fine if you have the biggest budget in the world but he didn't. For years poor Arsenal fans have had to watch as mid-table and lower teams get "stuck in" and overwhelm Arsenal through sheer physicality. You think Vieira would let the opposition get away with that ? I don't think so. When your entire team is soft the opposition can smell it. And yet Wenger would *whinge* for YEARS that his team was unlucky. When you're unlucky in the same circumstances for year after year you're not unlucky. If Wenger had 2 brutes in the back that don't take crap and one in the middle he would've got a lot closer to winning a league. As to why Wenger couldn't see this who the hell knows. One of life's mysteries.
×
×
  • Create New...