-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Curious ... how did Karelia and Wernbloom look ? Their general fitness and chemistry with the team.
-
It looked like it was a good sized crowd. Any idea what the number was ? Either way, good to see OFI back in the A Ethniki. The highlights ... my god. All you heard was Biseswar, Biseswar, Biseswar ha ha. He is actually perfect for these sorts of games where we know we’ll have possession. Once it gets too physical or lots of running is required Biseswar can suffer. Love the guy. His style is old school.
-
Little Hillary never stood a chance. I’m actually not sure if you’re being satirical or not. If you are being sincere, then I apologise. As to Little Hillary, I can’t believe she was the underdog. She had all the advantages she could’ve asked for. I think she simply, along with the establishment, and the media, and us, misread the mood of a large portion of the country. This is the point I keep trying to drive home i.e. that she and the DP made a huge error by not seeing this. I can excuse the media because they are so partisan they can’t see straight. I can excuse us, because hey we have lives and don’t have the time to see this. But the DP and Hillary, what is their excuse for not seeing the danger ? And you know what I believe ? That it was pure 100% unadulterated hubris. Surely he can’t win ... surely people will see he’s an imbecile. Not good enough ... and now Dr. Stranglelove has the nuclear launch codes. It’s been a ride I gotta say. The gift that just keeps on giving. Just this week with the anonymous op-ed, damn that was some good reading. Side note, I’m actually really interested to see what the next election result will be.
-
What orchestration man ? Did Russia brainwash 300 million Americans ? Let’s not get into that because it’s missing the point. There are too many crying moral outrage at Trump when in reality he’s only done what politicians have done since time immemorial. The only difference is he’s sunk to new lows. So should we now feel sorry for Hillary because she couldn’t deal with the dirty fight ? Trump did not have the backing of his party (crazy I know). He did not have the backing of the media or celebrities. He had less money also. And yet he won. He is supremely corrupt and without any semblance of good human virtues. A pig of man, a swine for sure. But as a politician, he was much better than Hillary. He ran a better race. Why is that so hard to understand ? The saddest part of all of this, at least to me, is that the DP are feeling sorry for themselves, or outrage at Trump, when they should be angry at themselves.
-
Not sure how it will generate so much more revenue to offset the huge expense. Maybe they’ll have secret rooms with men playing manila and the house will collect a cut of each hand. Tax free of course.
-
Oprah couldn’t win. No one could win. Trump is kryptonite to them Dems. Makes their brains go crazy. #whatisthepoint
-
Hudson, you’re not getting it. My point is that America has a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) social divide. The quality of life for a lot of people that voted for Trump, their general level of education, their income and outlook on life is limited. If you repeated what you just said (and I do understand it and appreciate it) what they just heard is blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah. You have Hillary who offers them nothing, big fat ZEROES. Then you get Ouga Bouga saying ME STRONG, ME MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER, ME FIX AMERICA while he beats his chest. Hillary laughed, the media laughed, the establishment laughed ... we laughed. And Ouga Bouga won. Why did she offer them nothing ? That I will never know. I can only assume because she (and the DP) thought surely they couldn’t lose. Hillary should’ve prepared better and been wiser and read the lay of the land instead of assuming she couldn’t lose. Her haughtiness gave government to Ouga Bouga. I dare say he can read the lay of the land better than her. Give the superficial masses the garbage they want to hear. As for the DP, they are no party at all, for if they were, Sanders would’ve been the candidate. But Hillary couldn’t have that now could she. Again, what has the establishment learned from this ? The next election will be interesting. We will see if this was a one off or if a pattern is emerging.
-
Nations League: Estonia vs. Greece(A Le Coq Arena, Tallinn)
Bananas replied to Alphonse's topic in Greek National Teams
+1 Loupnikis is a dude. -
Dr Frankenstein indeed. Trump took everyone by surprise. Early in the GOP nomination process, when there were still a dozen or so candidates, the sneering and contempt towards Trump was something to behold. Fair enough, the man is an imbecile and who didn’t mock him. But by the time he’d won the candidacy, Clinton should’ve been very afraid. Instead she felt safe because Oprah was on her side. With her head comfortably up her ass she proceeded to lose to a baboon. Unfit for the fight, she lost the unloseable. A poor candidate who seemed out of her depth against Trump. Ridiculous and self entitled. But it’s ok, all those movie stars have your back so how can you lose. Trump is corrupt, a liar, delusional, a megalomaniac and thoroughly unfit. Clinton was just old and thoroughly out of touch. I imagine she still wakes some mornings and can’t understand how she lost. When you don’t know your own country, that’s what happens. Feed them cake indeed. Maybe spend 5 minutes with people who earn less than 500K a year. It’s all right, you can always wash the stench of the poor off you afterwards. I wonder what the establishment has learnt from this.
-
Surprising Yiankos. I would’ve thought AEX would have more than us given they’re in CL this year.
-
Don’t see what the big deal is. What’s wrong with Toumba as is. I mean don’t get me wrong a new stadium would be unreal but on my list of priorities it’s right down there. I’d rather we concentrate on the training facilities, youth development, squad harmony and quality and trying to get managers that are good and last more than 12 months and then if that’s all I need place, then we can look at a stadium.
-
I’m probably going to be howled at, but I’m not 100% sure about getting a modern stadium with the seats next to the ground. I’ve grown attached to the daggy running track around our ground. Maybe I need to see a shrink. On another note, can you imagine the decibels with our fans so close to the pitch ? We’ll be sued to kingdom come by players and officials for hearing loss and psychological trauma. They’ll need to start deducting points just to control our fans! Too LOUD -3 points for you!
-
It is ugly lol.
-
I’m reading UEFA are going to review the away goals rule. I hope they do. I’ve always HATED this rule. It was created back in the day when teams were lucky to have one foreigner in the squad, and were lucky to get a VHS tape of the opposition for analysis. So teams would just play super defensive away, just to be safe. Those days are long gone. And besides, it just skews games in an unnatural way. I won’t bother discussing the 3 points for a win rule, that’s a discussion for another decade.
-
Had a look out of curiosity on Wikipedia and it states that the stadium cost 250 million euros to build. I can’t fathom Savvidis spending that much.
-
Another implication is that the 3rd place teams from the CL wouldn’t drop into the EL. Which is kind of a big deal as they tend to dominate. I wonder how many EL winners came from this route ? Need to ask our resident spam bot @Dutch Eagle.
-
I do miss the old competitions and formats. Especially the randomness of it where it was knock out from round 1 and you could get big teams playing each other at any stage. Alas, it is what it is, or rather, it was what it was. It’ll never come back. The new formats with groups is nice too, as it guarantees 6 games which for a lot of teams is a big deal.
-
Skondras just signed for Lamia. I always liked his passion. Good signing for Lamia.
-
CIA, NATO and the (Balkan/Ottoman) Style Politics
Bananas replied to Bashibozuk's topic in Let's talk about this
From a “great game” perspective Erdogan is the best thing to happen to Greece in a long time. -
Funny how your brain goes straight to points deductions first ... before the safety of the children! -6 points for you!
-
I actually think the Mantalos one was a penalty. Soft ... yeah ... BUT if the defender hadn’t put his arm up, there is a chance Mantalos would’ve rounded him, and if he did, he can either (a) have a shot or (b) cross or (c) lay it off for someone else to shoot. So the defender, but obstructing him (and he did obstruct him) killed that potential so to speak. And the defender gave the dikeoma to the referee by doing it right in front of him. Okay so Mantalos went down easily but so what, that’s just the game. Big deal. But the difference is when one of our players does it ... CRIMINAL ha ha. Like I said <sound of crickets>. Since It is that these fans have one eye I will need to purchase them a monocle like Colonel Klink. And for those with no eyes ... no idea what to buy them ... maybe a rub and tug by a transvetite.
-
In other news, opposition fans who went spastic over the Prijovic penalty also saw with two eyes (instead of one or even none) and said, yay, the Akpom goal was unjustly ruled offside, even though it was 2 metres on side. Relax muppets, I was just kidding. That news story was a hoax. The actual news story went like this ... <sound of crickets>. But should we expect otherwise ? Only a fool would.
-
What ? I thought Karelis was heading to AEK. Go figure.
-
FC Slutsk ?
-
First time in forever that we have the same core players and manager for more than a season. The last thing I want is for a rimali to come in and mess with the good spirit in the club room. Hence why this Markovic move seems odd. Having said that I don’t think Lucescu would take his crap.