-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Yeah man! ?
-
The loss to AEK will hopefully drive home the point that you need time for the players to know each other. You think you can just scrap together 15 new players and make a team that doesn’t have a bad day ? I am actually surprised how good Aris is playing this year and I hope the *grinia* doesn’t start with the manager who seems to be doing a decent job. He still needs to learn what players are capable of, which player play well with what system, which players play well together, which plays crack under pressure etc. If they start with the sacking of managers then forget it. Back to square one all over again. Let him do his job. One bad game to a team that is very experienced and stable is not the end of the world.
-
Must have been a seriously slow news day. The player making the comment was a nobody Portuguese player who was probably over the hill when Angel coached Platanias. Talk about a whatever statement from a whatever player for a whatever article. For any manager in the world there will be players that didn’t get along with that manager and didn’t approve of them. Big f##king deal. I am *very* curious to see if Angel shakes things up with his call ups. I am also curious to see how the players react to him. If they don’t warm to him, I can see them putting in two limp performances to bury him. That would be very typical of the Elliniko attitude. I’d drop half the f##king first team. 3-5-2. Vlachodimos as GK. Manolas, Siovas and Socratis in the back. Zeca as a hacker. Everyone else *fight* for your positions..
-
I have no idea what you’re talking but you made me laugh you crazy kid.? As for your 11, I agree with Blackhawk and I think Pelkas will start. We need “run” in the middle. Biseswar in the 2nd half when the pace settles will be a good sub. Matos has been poor by his lofty standards, time to get his game on. Likewise Vieirinha. Watching Liverpool live now. Don’t support them but god damn, I love it when they sing “you’ll never walk alone”.
-
Perfectly summed up Dutch.
-
El Khaddori is a ... not quite player. He’s obviously very technical and intelligent. But he’s not quite an 8, not quite a 10 and not quite a winger. He definitely doesn’t fit into a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. In Italy where you can get 4-3-2-1 and 3-5-2 (3 in the middle) maybe he fits in better. The thing is, it’s not that he’s a poor player. He’s decent but he’s just not particularly great. Very much a rotation player but on a high wage. I wouldn’t be fussed if he left at the end of the season.
-
I’ve always liked the Angel even if he is a bit nutty. I think the given the current poor state of the NT and piss poor attitude of the players he’ll be just the ticket to put a firecracker up their asses.
-
No I don’t like the idea of B teams either. It’s just another way for teams with money to accumulate huge squads and players under contract. It should be sufficient for each team to have their list of 25-30 or so squad players. If they want to loan players out to B Ethniki or exoteriko that’s fine. But not in A Ethniki. If the player is too good for B Ethniki but you don’t think he’s good enough for PAOK then sell the player and let them move on with their career.
-
Possibly before your time kiddo. I put it in more for comic relief. The irony is that Anastasiadis does have a football brain. He has an eye for talent and as Achilles said he can identify flaws during a game and adjust. A skill many managers lack. However, he also does come across as uncouth. I don’t know if he’s got it anymore. I don’t know if he’ll win over the players, which is more than half the battle. But either way I’d have him over Skibbe the Uninspired. I’m also hoping he’ll bring back some players into the NT that should be there and change the general mentality of the team which has become woefully accepting of poor performances. Paixte bala pethamena.
-
I do so in the hope you will stop posting in our forums but alas I fear my efforts are in vain. Feel free though to slag me off elsewhere.
-
@vjc we don’t need to play good. We’re paying the referees. Sou eipa ala den akous. For 50 years Olympiacos bribed refs, for 35 years PAO did it and for 15 years AEK did it. Can’t we have 1 turn at doing the same ?
-
All things considered I prefer to have Anastasiadis 10x over Skibbe. I just hope he’s still got the fire in his belly and can scare the pants off the players, who for me, have been disgraceful and deep down think *they* run the team. Interested to see if he mixes things up in his 1st game in charge. I’ll be disappointed if the same players and system are used.
-
Don’t agree. These loans are just wrong. Minimum rule should be you can’t loan player to another team in the same division as you. That would stop clubs like Olympiacos having 50+ players on their roster many of whom they have little intention of playing. We have also gone down that road in recent years.
-
Yes it’s about the rest. Don’t buy that crap about October 28th. It’s not an important date really. Don’t you know we have the cops on the payroll ? That’s in addition to Tsipras and EPO. You see, that’s why we *only* got -3 and half a year without fans. Before we had everyone on the payroll, it would’ve been demotion to Zambian League and 25 years with no fans. Don’t you know even Alafouzos and your team is on our payroll ? Even if you win, it’s only because we let you and it’s all part of the bigger plan. I guarantee if you win it’s because Savvidis has made illegal gambling bets to collect big time. Don’t worry Alafouzos gets his cut too so he can pay the players. Don’t you know even the Illuminati and Donald Trump are on our payroll ? It’s all been pre programmed man. You’re in the matrix. One day rest ... yeah man, we rule the world. Even the Rothschilds bow before our feet. The protocols of Zion was written by Savvidis son. You’re so blind man.
-
Something you put your coffee on. Alternatively, if you polish it you can use it as a mirror if that takes your fancy.
-
Good to see. Surprised but glad.
-
Ha ha Yiankos. The last FM I played was the 2008 version so yeah about 10 years ago. I’ve still got the CD lying around somewhere.
-
The issue with Xatseridi is that he came to the club with much fanfare and hype and a massive wage to boot. So I’m expecting a CB who is one, maybe two classes above Varela and Crespo. Varela and Crespo are both very good CB’s for the GSL but there have been times where they are exposed in Europe. Enter Xatseridi the answer to this problem. I’m expecting a Prijovic quality CB. Instead we got patates. So yeah I’m hugely disappointed with this signing. A complete waste of money and time. He’s barely GSL quality and he’s not as good as Varela and Crespo. To make it worse I don’t believe Lucescu trusts him as a a player. We’ll see what happens.
-
I wonder if Xatseridi were to leave, can we bring back Chatziisaias half way through the year ? Another player I’d be interested in is Risvanis.
-
Haven’t checked out the interview yet. Overall, Xatseridi has been very disappointing and he won’t be missed. It’s a shame as I was hoping to get a CB “general” that would run the defence for the next 2 or 3 seasons. Given his pedigree I was expecting a player who is considerably better than Varela and Crespo. As it is, they are both playing much better than Xatseridi. Varela and Crespo seem to compliment each other and have developed a good chemistry. Hands down the best CB pairing in the league this season.
-
These loans where there is an agreement for players to not play against their owner club are stupid. Shouldn’t be allowed and is kind of a white collar version of cheating. I’d actually like to see Koulouris in action against our defence. See what he’s got.
-
Nikos Alefantos with Anastasiadis as assistant. That's what I'd like to see. Sfaliares at half time for anyone who isn't playing well. Paixte bala koproskila. Free vitamines for all supplied by Alefantos personally.
-
I agree he has scouted well. Hopefully the club and fans leave him alone to keep doing his work. As for Mateo, would you be upset if he came to PAOK next year ? He looked pretty good. ?
-
His dribbling is average. Not terrible but not awesome. And he just doesn't look like the sort of player that can score enough goals to justify being played as a forward. I'm sounding a bit harsh yeah ? I'm not condemning the kid, just saying that I don't consider him a complete enough player for that position just yet. Still has quite a bit to go. Yes, I realize he's still learning but you look at say Jaba, and I guarantee you if he plays a full 90 minutes each game in the GSL, he'll end up with 12+ goals. Having said that Jaba has many things to work on in his game also. I wish we still had Campos to teach them the ropes for one more year. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with teaching a "winger" how to play the defensive game also. Once they get over their ego being hurt, most can do a damn good job. With his work rate, Limnios would do well. Especially in the GSL. As for Kitsiou, I so want him to do well but I have lost faith. I believe given the increase in quality of our squad in the last 3 years, he doesn't really have a place. Here's hoping he proves me very wrong.