-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
They'll play just as hard. I don't buy the conspiracy theory. Most of their squad (like most teams these days) are foreigners who probably don't know and definitely don't care for what may or may not have happened in years gone by. They just want to play their best and win. And I assume the same for their manager. Maybe I'm just naive ? What's going on with these new emojis ? Have I gone color blind ?
-
You can have your -3 back if we can have our -2 back. ? Seriously though, this situation where teams are "taught a lesson" like this, it's crap. The hooligans don't care and are laughing at how they're such sick c#nts and in the meantime the 99% of fans that are all right, and the players, get "taught a lesson". Yep, I'm sure those AEK fans that punched on outside the stadium really regret their actions. They'll never do it again!
-
Not sure what the situation is with your manager and squad, but if you can keep these 11 or so starting players and get players of similar quality to add depth, your team will be looking promising. I actually hope to see Aris in the Europa League. Now that I've said that, I'll be going to the PAOK forums so they can beat me up ha ha.
-
Just watched the full game on youtube. Good game. Good to see Aris go for the win. Good to see an open game. They were better than I thought they would be. Prijovic once again the difference. I hope he stays with us until he retires even though I know that won't happen. A draw I think would've been a fair result. Aris did enough to deserve a point. Good to see Wernbloom play a full game also now that he's almost match fit. I think he made more fouls than both teams combined ha ha. I can see once he's 100% how he'll begin to assert himself in the middle. He sure likes getting stuck in. I think if he and Mauricio are at 100% our team will be go up another level.
-
I'd be playing Limnios as RB. But that would probably hurt his feelings so we can't have that. Seriously, I don't see him as an "extrem" in the classical sense. If Vieirinha can play RB I don't see why Limnios can't. And yes, Matos has to be rested. Enough is enough!
-
Just watched the full game on youtube. Good game. Very good game I thought. Both teams went for the win. Lots of hard tackling. Open play and end to end opportunities. Not the sort of game I would've expected. I thought Aris were good. Could have scored 2 more. The chance in the 48th and the penalty and you have 3. Both teams had another 3 or 4 half chances also. The referee was solid. Gave the yellows which were deserved. Let the play be rough without losing control. The penalties ? A bit soft but both technically were fouls so it is what it is. Fair result ? I don't think so. I think a draw was fair, but such is football. You don't always get what you deserve and sometimes you get points you don't deserve. It remains to be seen how Aris goes this year, but if they play to this standard they have nothing to fear. I didn't see any players that seemed out of place but I don't really know the squad. Lots of new players. Finally, good to see Kleanthis full and the atmosphere was very good. Nice to see the fans congratulate the Aris players at the end. Looking forward to more derbies of this standard.
-
Well said @paokarag4. It’s amazing how well behaved the players and officials are with foreign referees. Put a Greek referee in there and watch it all fall to pieces. Kind of like when you got emergency teachers in school. At least, that’s what my school was like. But I was a good boy. ?
-
@paokarag4 agree about Vieirinha. At least in the form he’s in lately. Having said that the goal did come from his cross ha ha. One thing that was concerning was all the headers we lost at set pieces. I thought that with Matos, Varela, Crespo and Prijovic we’d be all right but apparently not. Surprising and concerning. Something we definitely have to work on.
-
Spot on. It’s funny, last season in Athens we should’ve beaten them and we lost to a whatever goal. Today the opposite happened. The good thing is even playing quite average we are still hard to beat. Having said that I don’t think this is sustainable to win the title. We need to improve.
-
5 thousand ?! The cyprians would’ve made a killing on gyros ha ha. Good to see crowds like that though.
-
It’s not social media per se but rather the abundance of entertainment options. You know what there was to do at home in the 80’s ? Not much! So we went for a kick EVERY day. There were time we didn’t have a ball we’d play with a tennis ball or whatever we had. Staying home was pretty boring so we were out all the time. The arcades were MAD also by the way. Have you guys seen the academy of Benfica ? That is how you make players. If we don’t start doing the same we will fall further and further behind. The days of “finding” players doesn’t really exist anymore. The parks and streets are no longer full of kids having a kick. It is what it is and we have to adapt.
-
Only saw highlights, but Aris looked pretty damn good. Could’ve even put us away. They had two very good chances to score again. In the context of the league being more competitive, and the general level of the GSL improving, this is a good thing. Congratulations to the Aris boys on the forum and go easy on our Yiankos. We love him.
-
Biseswar has more football brains than nearly the whole team put together. If he was a little faster and fitter he’d be playing in stronger leagues. The guy can judge naturally and with little effort, whether to pass, hold the ball, for how long etc. If he had a motor as well he’d destroy the league. As it is, having a guy like that on the bench, can’t ask for more.
-
Good to know about the foreign referee. If Kaddouri is injured and with Warda playing games, I can see Biseswar playing on the flank. Or even if Lucescu dares, he could play Tosca LB and Vieirinha as LW. I am already over Warda and his antics. His stupid attitude means we aren’t at 100% due to his ego. If he was 20 years old I’d say cut him some slack, but he’s 25 ffs. And to think we have him and we let go of Mak and Henrique. Dibidibi dibidai dibidai dibidai indeed.
-
True but I can’t see him getting a gig at an A-League club even though he probably deserves it. His name is a bit too woggy if you know what I mean. His best chance would be to get a gig as an assistant and go from there. How is the Olympic Village ? Haven’t been there in ... probably 7 years now. Never liked that ground. I always preferred Olympic Park. Yep, showing my age.
-
Warda best keep his head down. I’m still not impressed we sent Henrique on loan so that Warda had a place in the squad. He’s woefully immatureand erratic. Scored a good goal against Benfica and now he’s the man.
-
Good points Bashibozuk. It seems obvious, and yet many have difficulty grasping it. I wonder how many voted for Trump just because he wasn’t establishment or just because they perceived HRC as “more” establishment. Even if it was 1% (and I believe it was a little more than that) it was enough to change the outcome. I think the only solution is to remove voting rights from pleb voters. I will have to design a test to detect said plebs. Any ideas ?
-
Stop re yiankos. I almost spat out my food when I read this! Ok, I’m taking a screen shot of this and printing it out. Must have a hard copy for evidence just in case ha ha. I’ve been unable to see games this season due to starting a new job so I have to just watch highlights and read match reports. It seems like this was a proper derby where both teams played to win and both had their chances. Good to see. It’s kind of sad that a foreign referee officiated. Unfortunately it’s the only guaranteed way to get the players to just play the game. Maybe one day ... nah who am I kidding. In closing ... PRIJOGOAL. And if I read another post where people say “I’m ok if we sell Prijovic for over 5 million”, to those people I say, just watch that 1st goal again and again. If Prijo was playing for AEX and we had Klaus, AEX win. By the way, Zambia has struck again. Been watching his vids on Youtube. Crazy kid. What a laugh.
-
No need to sound all calm, reasonable and sensible mister pash. I prefer shrill hysteria. Speaking of which, what the f##k got into Paschalkis. Siga re therio, acting like he’s a sick c##t against OFI. Not sure whether to laugh at him or give him a backhander. Only problem is I’d need to stand on a stool to reach his head.
-
Do you ever sleep ? Ha ha. Lucescu will have to rotate. He has no choice. Luckily there is depth in the squad. Even this game we had quite a few players who normally wouldn’t start. Where we suffer in terms of rotation is LB and RB. We have no players similar in quality to Matos and Vieirinha. We’ll see what Tosca has to offer in time. As for Canas, in general, I am a fan. I always liked his drive on the field but the times they are a changing. When we got him 2 years ago we were still a work in progress with an U/20’s manager (Ivic) taking the helm. It’s different now and these poor games by Canas, we can’t afford mistakes like these, and they seem to be creeping into his game more and more.
-
The Republican Party didn’t nominate Trump as such. They tried everything in their power to get one of their other candidates instead. Cruz, Rubio and others. The RP most definitely did not want Trump to be the nominee. In truth Trump is neither a Democrat or a Republican. Trump is for team Trump. The tea party movement has definitely played a big role in the way everything transpired in both the nomination and the election. Crazy people.
-
CIA, NATO and the (Balkan/Ottoman) Style Politics
Bananas replied to Bashibozuk's topic in Let's talk about this
Do you think there is actually a solid strategic reason for Turkey purchasing the Russian defence system ? Or is it Erdogan doing this just to stick it to the U.S. ? It’s an air defence system. Who will attack Turkey by air ? Then again, maybe Erdogan and Putin have made an agreement on Syria and this is the price of doing business. -
I thought George W Bush would never be beat as the worst president America ever had. No offence to those who thought he was good.