Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Bananas

Members
  • Posts

    4,036
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Bananas

  1. If the people can't be trusted to make good decisions, why even have elections ? After all, they know not. But that isn't the point. The point is the government should be trying to explain and educate. No such thing happened with Tassos. Under the bus he went. The dynasties keep eating lobster. Greece is the land of dynastic families and nepotism. In Australia when the government proposes anything, and I mean anything, the first thing the people, the media, the opposition ask is "how will it be paid for". And it is heavily scrutinized. The government of the day has to try and prove how it will be paid for, or be ridiculed. Then again, Australia doesn't have dynastic political families. It has many ills, but that is not one of them. Hopefully the next generation of youth coming through are different from their parents and can think rationally. Otherwise, the country is screwed.
  2. I don’t know if Shakhov has the legs to chase constantly for 90 minutes. He’s more adept at games where we control the ball. Now that I think about it I’m certain Lucescu will play Pelkas as the 10 but get him to drop back to create 3 in he middle at times. It will also be interesting to see how high a line AEK play. Seeing Jaba on the weekend you can see you can’t give this kid space. As for conspiracy theories, there can be only one. Flat Earth all the way man.
  3. I am surprised that the team dropped off so badly with Pantelidis. I didn’t think he was THAT bad, but maybe I’m wrong. It’s almost like the players are not giving 100%. Not because they don’t like Pantelidis but because what happened with Herrera was not right. People forget that players are human beings and although they won’t say it in public (because they want to be paid and feed their families) they can’t just be “professional” and ignore what happened. At least that’s my take on it. I know if I was a player I would MUCH rather play in the Aris of Herrera that in this version. Having a president that is a moron doesn’t help. I am used to that also from the years of Batman and Goumenos etc. Maybe Pantelidis needs to clear out some of the squad and bring in some of “his” players. That is, assuming he’s even there next season which is unlikely in Greece.
  4. I wonder if Herrera can be rehired ? Don’t laugh ha ha. Monaco have just done it with Jardim. They fired him 3 months ago and then rehired him. Crazy.
  5. Yep, Occam says it’s for amplification.
  6. Bye bye Kitsiou. I think that’s it for him. Although I’ve said that before I really think he’ll never play for PAOK again. There was a stage there a few years back he showed real promise but I think he’s hit his ceiling and frankly isn’t good enough for this squad. Good and interesting to see Henrique back. I love the guy, his trella and his ability to turn it on in big games. But for some reason Lucescu didn’t want him. No idea why. I assume he’s last in the pecking order and is only there just in case or my preference, as a super sub.
  7. Misic in the middle with Mauricio ? Or maybe even El Khaddouri again as an 8.
  8. Yes, respect. They have given us many beatings in Athens. Cup Final being the exception. This will be a very interesting game. We are playing better than expected post Prijovic. AEK (or it is AEX) have been much improved the last few games since going 3-5-2. Not sure what Lucescu will do about the midfield battle. I don’t see Canas being ready for this game so we have no kofti. If we play with two 8’s I can see AEK over running us in the midfield. Maybe Lucescu wants it that way and we play counter attacking with Akpom and Jaba using the space. I’m really not sure what the best approach is for this game. Let’s hear your theories boys.
  9. One thing is for sure, the will of the people both in Greece and Skopje was ignored. Democracy has its place but not here apparently. EU, US, NATO, Tsipras and some ministers are real happy. Ecstatic. Tsipras is set for life. Lots of good jobs coming his way after he loses the election. I’m sure there are many good paying jobs for lap dogs. Elites are elites at the end of the day. They know best. The rest of you stay in the dirt and mud and tend to the animals. What’s the difference between a fascist, liberal, communist, socialist etc. Just the level of physical violence. Other than that, they know best. As for if this is a good move or not, I can’t say. I don’t know enough about the dynamics of the situation. Greece will be fine ... Greece will die ... Greece will be invaded. I have heard it all. As for actual logical deduction it has been scant. Just shrill arguments lacking substance. One thing is for sure, the will of the people ... was brushed aside, shat on, spat on, belittled, ignored etc. I hate with a special passion the elites in Greece, the families and dynasties that have made Greece the corrupt weak nation it is today. And now Tsipras joins that very special group in my heart.
  10. Still trying to get used to the fact that 400K feels like low wages by our standards these days.
  11. Good draw. Was kind of hoping for Olympiakos or AEK but it is what it is.
  12. Anyone know why El Khaddouri wants to go to Parma ? Does he really think he’ll get more playing time there than with us ? I can’t say I’ll miss him but I’m more concerned with depth of the squad and the stability of the squad. Not digging all these changes (even though they’ve been mostly unavoidable) when we are having such a good season. Hopefully Misic turns out to be decent and I’m really digging the 1.5 year loan.
  13. Is that the same wage for Biseswar as what he was on ? Not asking for triple the money like Varela ha ha. As for Warda, we all know his potential but the guy is a stooge. Just lacks professionalism but most importantly can’t be relied upon. For a team like Atromitos where winning week in week out isn’t critical, he’s perfect. For PAOK, not so much. Maybe he’ll learn. Most probably he won’t.
  14. Worst signing ever ? We should do a thread poll ha ha. Concerning Leveque, how is it possible the club can terminate a contract ? If he’s injured, then he’s injured. Obviously there is some clause or such, just wondering what it is.
  15. I remember Kyriakos Savvidis from a few years back. He had some nice touches and seemed like he had some potential. But in this PAOK he wouldn’t ever get a run. Hopefully he can make a go of it at Aris.
  16. Ha ha Yiankos. That is gold.
  17. We still might keep Varela. It just means that now if he does go, it’s not so critical. Obviously it would be ideal if we kept him and had 3 top CB’s.
  18. How was Akpom and the new kid Lyratzis ?
  19. Rumours of an offer coming for Hatzeridi from Ukraine. I find it hard to believe any club would be interested in him.
  20. Biseswar for 3 more years. Hell yeah bitches.
  21. Travnik has some seriously insane statistics. 10 goals and 10 assists! I know it’s the Czech but still. Anyway, I think he’d be there (a) as a replacement for El Khaddouri and (b) as a backup to Mauricio. The Icelandic CB sounds very good also. It would also SERIOUSLY reduce Varela’s bargaining power. On El Khaddouri, I don’t understand what’s up with him. There were never really any indications he wasn’t happy at the club. Now all of a sudden he can’t wait to leave. Or at least that’s the way the (reliable ha ha) media are making it out to be. I’ll be fine with him leaving once we have a replacement. Right now we do need him for rotation and he does often enough provide some spark in attack. He’s also got that ability to dictate tempo but he’s small fry compared to Biseswar in that area.
  22. I'm *really* interested to see how Giannoulis goes over the second half of the season. I'm really hoping he's a solid rotation option for LB. Yiankos, agree with your comments about Varela. He's just fishing for what he can get. I think as pash suggested (and I believe the club is offering) 1 million is more than reasonable. To be fair, Varela has been excellent the last 12 months or so, but still, 1.4 million, I don't think so my man. I would be more than happy to see Varela and Crespo as the main duo at CB for next season. As for rotation and depth, that we will see. Lots of options.
  23. Making the room up now.
  24. Great to see actual progress in re-signing existing players. Crespo, Paschalakis. Biseswar hopefully soon. Varela is a tricky one. At 1.4 million that's getting pretty expensive. Makes you wonder on the one hand if we can get better/younger for that. On the other hand, he and Crespo have been so very solid at the back. The midfield there is less of a rush. Only Biseswar has to be sorted out asap. Canas, Shakhov especially now that Misic is at the club for 1.5 years may have lost some bargaining power. I would be happy to re-sign both Canas and Shakhov but I do believe they are very replaceable also.
×
×
  • Create New...