Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
athinaios

PAO League Games 2018-2019

On 11/26/2018 at 10:28 AM, AchillesHeel said:

I only hope that Alafouzos keeps his paws off the team and lets Donis keep the players already here....even without any signings in January the boys can finish top 5....if there are any reinforcements brought in I hope they are chosen carefully so as not to disturb the current balance and chemistry. 

That's the only thing that worries me..........his unpredictable personality and his very poor judgment.

On the other hand, if the team proceeds as it is now, they'll do well, but it'll take several years to be competitive for the title and perhaps in Europe. PAO has to grow and develop their own talents since they can't afford to buy ready talent.  I know money doesn't determine everything in how a club performs, but in this stage and age, it matters a lot. I don't know of any team with a tiny budget that made it big in recent history. Even Leicester had a $40 mil budget in 2015, and their title that year was a fluke.

I think if PAO stays coarse and continues to reduce the debts build from our youth we will attract investors....BTW the debts have reduced significantly in 1 year from 40 million to 23.   Just be consistent and PAO will get the backing.  Remember we have millions of supporters.

Great game at Aris. Down 1-0 early, due to an indisputably wrong decision by the ref.  PAO would have lost this game last year (and not only last year). Final 1-1.

Wow. Really impressive. Aris is a quality team. We've lost only 1 game to the leader of the league PAOK at their home turf. IF they continue like this, PAO would easily finish in the top 5 and get rid the UEFA penalty this season. Amazing.  I didn't really know what to expect last summer but if you told me we'd be struggling to avoid relegation after the -6 penalty, I'd have said possibly...

What happened this game was more of a character building lesson....the boys kept playing despite the early penalty calls and while having the bulk of possession the chances were not going their way. Were still able to come away with a point in Vikelidis against a pretty good Aris side, winning the penalty and tying the game while down to 10 men....worked through the adversity and came away with a positive result.