Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Original 21

New Coach

This will be interesting, not a terrible choice not a fantastic one either but he does have some good experience and has coached in Spain and France, lets see what he can bring us

The things he did for Real Socieadad were unbelievable, he lead them to the group stages of the champions league just once year after they were fightining relegation.

• Like it 2

I agree Original that was a wonder season for them especially Sociedad who aren't a big name in Spain. Lets hope he brings that luck with him and he takes AEK to where it belongs!!!

After what happened with Poyet and now with the French rejection, I think word has got around. Will be hard to land a good a manager connected with the Iberian style.

Give it to Ketsabaia ffs he should've been given the role straight up and saved all this mess. He knows AEK, has lived under Meli, has done well with teams he has coached, has experience in Europe, sign him now and lets go for players.

We went from Montanier to Ketsbaia... Excuse me while I go throw up.... Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap tigrako back at it again

• Like it 1

Original Aravidis told me Saturday night that the deal fell through as he didn't think he could reach the goals given to him, his salary was fine but I also think signing players was another issue

I think it's a good choice for AEK.  He knows Greek football, he knows the Greek mentality.  He knows the club and the expectations.  Could do a lot worse.

Edited by Bananas

Bye Ketsbaia make sure you take Labropoulos with you on the way out.... let's hope his replacement is not some cheap options, and let's hope he's never been associated with AEK or the Super League before....

Poor decision at this point. Too bad. No patience in Greece. That's ok, no one else is available at this point so we will end up getting ouzonidis or some other out of work Greek coach. 

Hope they have someone lined up or we will have a rough time until December. 

F*** mate.  Ketsbaia was only there for what 2 months ?  Maybe Melissanidis is trying to emulate Savvidis, who's "given" PAOK 4 managers in 4 seasons.  AEK even won this weekend as well.

Ketsbaia was dangerous for this team; he was horrible at making in-game adjustments and setting the team up tactically. He had to go; it has nothing to do with the results. The fact is, he was given the best roster we've had since 2008, and we've been playing horribly. We won games because of mistakes by our opponents and we were outplayed in all but one game. After the fiasco against Olympiakos, where he set the team up to fail he lost the locker room. 

We have a chance now to save our season. We are only two points back, and now with a proper coach we can be contenders. However, Melissanidis can not be cheap about this. He NEEDS to bring in an experienced manager that has done decently in a high-quality league, and he needs to allow that manager to bring in his own assistants. Marcelo Biesla, Thomas Schaaf, Michel, or Marcellino that was sacked by Villareal just a few months ago, should be options if we want to mean business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelino_García_Toral 

Marcelino is my personal favorite, he lead Villareal back to the first division and then to 3 straight top 6 finishes, including a fourth-place finish last year and a run to the semi-finals of the Europa League. Melissanidis, splash the cash, save the season, and give this man the keys to the club. 

WOW...... Well.... We've just announced Jose Morais as our new manager :question:  

For whoever doesn't know him, he was Mourinho's assistant at Inter, Real Madrid, and Chelsea.... He has very limited head coaching experience, coached last year in Turkey for a team that was just promoted and lead them to a mid-table finish. The ONLY positive about this move is that they replaced Ketsbaia very quickly, and they must've had this move lined up during the international break, so maybe he knows a little bit about our players already... Other than that it looks like a bad move... 

• Like it 1

Eleos.

As bad as we have been playing we had 1 bad result vs Oly, maybe the return leg vs St Etienne too.

Never heard of this guy, his record isn't anything to go buy as he has barely coached. 

Time will tell.

Ketsbaia was awful.

If this guy has learned at the feet of Mourinho and uses modern methods (unlike the Georgian's antiquated ideas), I think it will be a good fit.

Don't forget Mourinho started as an assistant to the great Sir Bobby.

2 hours ago, Nikod said:

Ketsbaia was awful.

If this guy has learned at the feet of Mourinho and uses modern methods (unlike the Georgian's antiquated ideas), I think it will be a good fit.

Don't forget Mourinho started as an assistant to the great Sir Bobby.

This guy's a 51 year old career assistant... It's not like he's young...

I assumed he was young. So not as promising a hire as I first thought. But hey, the guy has experience at Real, Inter and Chelsea. Maybe he can bring some professionalism to our club, instead of the usual bourdello s%$#! you get from guys who've spent their career in the super clicka