Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2007

Will Greece repeat as European Champions?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece repeat as European Champions?

• Yes
    • No

We have to put things in perspective. They did a decent job this tournament, but it is tough to defend your championship. I think Spanoulis would have played better if he was not rusting out with Houston for a year. If we had Fotsis and Sofoklis we would have done much better. The only person who played badly was Papaloukas, I don't know what his problem is. He started the tournament as one of the best players in Europe and I think has reputation has suffered. I love Diamantidis, since he has nerves of steel. I think that in Beijing they will do badly, but at the next worlds they just might be the champions.

A

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAPALUK HAD PROBLEMS WITH HIS STOMACH.... DONT KNOW AT WHAT GAME IT STARTED... IM NOT HIS WIFE... IT MIGHT B AN EXCUSE BUT I DONT THINK SO...

ITS TRUE THAT HIS PERFORMANCE WAS "WEIRD"...

BUT AS HE SAID IN THE INTERVIEW WITH THEMOS ANASTASIADES.... THERE ARE DAYS THAT WHATEVER U DO THE BALL GOES IN.... ONTHE OTHER HAND THERE ARE DAYS THAT U EVEN MISS A DUNK.... HE IS A GOD, BUT ONLY HUMAN AFTERALL....

AS 4 THE FUTURE IT LOOKS BRIGHTER THAN EVER .... WE HAVE MANY PLAYERS THAT WOULD DO THE JOB.... UNLIKE FOOTBAL.... BUT IF WE NEEDED 11 PLAYERS TO PLAY BBALL, THEN WE MIGHT HAVE THE SAME ISSUE...

AS U SAID.... WHAIT AND C US PLAY FULL TEAM....

IN SOCCER WE DID THAT ONCE AND WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED...

CONCLUSION, WE ARE IN THE TOP 5 TEAMS IN THE WORLD.... THE ONLY WAY IS UP !!!!!

PS. I HEARD THAT FOR THE FINAL... IN THE FIBA SITE THEY PUT THAT SPAIN WON... IT MEANS THAT THEY HAD THE THING ALREADY SET UP (THE NEWS)... THEN AGAIN IT MIGHT BE ALL IN MY HEAD.... WHAT TO SAY...

Greece went up one spot in the FIBA World Rankings

1.  USA USA 832.2 0.0 

2.  Argentina ARG 726.0 0.0 

3.  Spain ESP 580.0 0.0 

4.  Serbia SRB 534.0 -24.0 

5.  Lithuania LTU 486.0 16.0 

6.  Greece GRE 429.0 12.0 

7.  Italy ITA 378.0 -40.0 

8.  France FRA 369.0 -4.0 

9.  Germany GER 284.0 2.0 

9.  Australia AUS 284.0 0.0

Here i thought that FIFAs rankings were pure jokes. Then FIBA comes along and takes the comedy to a whole new level. The European champions that beat the World champions in the final are ranked as 16th team in the world?? :rolleyes:

dumbest thing ive EVER seen. Its actally ridiculas. I cant agree with anything in it.

Argentina- not better than spain, spain is world and euro champs, how can u get better than that. ( they beat argentina in the semis). I guess we can give US first but thats a lil weird, since they dont win that many international tourneys as they used to... ( didnt win olympics or the worlds 3rd in both)

Serbia- awful at the olympics, worlds, and awful in euros.... why are they even top 10?

Russia- I dont even have to say anything, its common sence... American, OCIANIC, AFRICAN, and ASIAN champs are all ahead of the europeen champ. Meenwhile the finals of the Worlds was a all europeen one.

Theres alota other screw ups in here that arent as bad as these but, France and maybee italy are to far up. Croatia, Isreal and Slovenia could be a liltle higher but i dunno. And Portugal? Are they really that bad? I dont think they should be lower than teams like Chinese Taipei, Kazackestan or Jordan.

But i dunno, the only things that REALLY bother me are Russia and Serbia. Argentina somewhat does but there always solid

dumbest thing ive EVER seen. Its actally ridiculas. I cant agree with anything in it.

Argentina- not better than spain, spain is world and euro champs

Spain has never held the Euro title, at least one thing where we're better than them :gr:

Archived