Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2007

Will Greece repeat as European Champions?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece repeat as European Champions?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOW is it possible to win a game against a team that has :

27 of 28 Free throws ! :o

11 of 22 Three pointers! :blink:

Oscars in acting :angry:

The refs on their side :tdown:

Home field. ;)

Greece played an amazing game and had still a chance to win.

Crucial mental mistakes were the difference.

This was really the final just like the Gre-Fra semifinal of '05.

Spain had been blowing away all other teams thus far.

We are the second best in Europe and very close to best with Fotsi and Sofo.

Just look at Gasol's stats and you will know what a difference those two boys would have made.

The best game Greece played in a while

We are back to stay on top and that is what really matters.

See you in Peking.

:gr: BRAVO ELLADARA :gr:

PEACE

great point tritilli

BTW everyone do u no if greece wins 3rd they qualify for the olympics? Because I know that 2 teams qualify through europe but spain already qualified through the world chamionships?So that means that there is an extra spot that has to be granted to a europeen team? Am I right?

We're a young team, and we get a guy like Koufos in Beijing hopefully, but almost certainly by Euro 2009, we'll surely be tops. Right now, I feel if we play Spain 10 games, we'll win at least half, unlike how I used to feel when we'd get outclassed by them.

Sofo and Fotsis are good, but I thought Laz had a good tourney, if not up and down. Dikoudis and Spanoulis were revelations, DD was solid as usual on D (the best in Europe) however he committed a few too many TO's (4 against Slovenia that almost cost us).

Tsartsaris and Vasilopoulos showed much heart and poise with clutch jumpers and 3's.

Zisis responded when we asked him to, but a more low-key role than what I expected especially after the big deal everybody made when he was viciously elbowed out of Mundobasket (and almost his career) by the thug Varejao. I agree with Giannakis taking Zisis out when down 4 late in the game (after he had just delivered a trey), as we could've come back with 2-pt FG's and Spain started defending real tight against the long ball, Giannakis is not an idiot.

Kakiouzis seemed low-key as well, but he had a couple of good games later on in the tourney, and as a German journalist put it, he's the brains of the team (shared imo by Teo, of course, a genius who does everything).

Bourousis did zip, I think.

It's really hard to chip away at a large lead several times in the same game, don't forget we erased an 11-pt Spain lead and took a 4-pt lead of our own. They almost ran away with it, and we reined them back in. Down 6 late, as much as you can foul them, they kept draining the charity throws. 27 of 28, is that true? I always thought FT shooting is a skill best developed in the NBA, but even Spain's non-NBA supporting cast were true at the line.

Once again, Zito Ellas! You made us proud again...but try and win the bronze anyway!

great point tritilli

BTW everyone do u no if greece wins 3rd they qualify for the olympics? Because I know that 2 teams qualify through europe but spain already qualified through the world chamionships?So that means that there is an extra spot that has to be granted to a europeen team? Am I right?

yes u r

3rd gets us in

4th to the qualifying tourney

Congrats to our boys.Lets beat Lithuania tomorrow so we can be in China for the Olympics and beat Spain for GOOD.We are one of the big powers of Europe in Basketball and just take a look of the countries and players under us to realize it.Germany/Nowitski,France/Parker,Serbia/Milic,Croatia,Slovenia ka.After all our troubles and injuries and ups and downs to get a medal tommorow will be a great accomplisment. :gr: :gr:

Archived