Phantis Forums

What is Greece's Best Achievement?

plato-ny

What is Greece's best achievement?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is Greece's best achievement?

• FIBA WC 2006 Silver Medalist
    • EuroBasket 2005 Champs
    • Euro 2004 Champs
    • EuroBasket 1987 Champs

Mine is FIBA World Champiosnhip sliver medal, even though they did not lift the trophy, it is quite an achivement for our country. They beat the U.S. for god sakes. :tup:

Second would be Euro 2004, a championship Greece would NEVER win again in a lifetime. :hypocrite:

for me its the 1987 euro championships... i might be a bit biast, because i was living in athens then... but it was never heard of, Greece defeating the great yugoslavia and then beating the world SUPERPOWER ussr. it was a turning point for sport in Greece. it was a moment that united a country...

for me the atmposhere in the peace and friendhship stadium will never be matched anywhere... every point was cheered like we won the championship.

othe honourable mentions must go to pyros dimas winning the bronze medal in athens, i still have goosbumps remembering the 5 minute standing ovation ...as he was presented with his medal. a true champion. a great moment.

also, coming from sydney. seeing kenteris win the gold medal in the 200m was phenomenal!!!

einai krima auto pou ginete, adikite to mpasket kai ta paidia pou palepsan gi auto ton athlo:tdown:

me diafora einai i megaliteri epitixia stin istoria ton omadikon ethnikon omadon, i ethniki podosfairou den mporei kan na prokrithei se pagkosmio eno auti tou mpasket kontepse na to parei, akoma nomizo pos mia thesi sto poll tha eprepe na exei exei kai i ethiniki polo, ta eixan paei perifima kai ekeini :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

to mpasket mas ekane kai tha mas kanei panta iperifanous pou eimaste ellines eno to podosfairo mas exei dosei mia xara kai 100 lipes, kai diskola tha ksanavgalei stous dromous, distixos :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

My top Greek athletic results - that I've seen

1 EURO 2004 soccer

2 Eurobasket 1987

3 Kenteris golds - Olympics (and Euro and Worlds) - at the time - not now

4 Eurobasket 2004

5 FIBA 2006

6 Patilidou gold 1992

7 PAO 1 Ajax 0 1996 CL semis

8 Philipousis' and Baghditis' finals

9 The synchro divers in 2004

10 Adrian Adonis' title fight vs Bob Backlund :LOL:

Archived